Revert the LEO Murder Restriction Rule

owen

YWeLteb.png

I've sat on making this suggestion for awhile, and thought I'd let the rule change trial and see how I felt about it a little later on — however my opinion hasn't changed. I think this addition to the rules is incredibly detrimental to the illegal faction player-base. I've discussed this rule change with an incredible amount of members within my legal faction (LSSD) to gauge their response, thoughts and feelings to which every single one of them have expressed distaste with this rule.

I don't think this is a good change to the rules, I think we are choking the already small illegal player-base we have here which will ultimately create an even bigger divide — something that no one in any legal (or illegal) faction truly wants. We want these criminal role players to act in what they feel is the best course of action, to not restrict them and make them consider fifty different options to not break a rule, it's an unhealthy course we're going in which drains the fun out of what we're trying to do here.

I speak for a lot of legal faction role-players when I say that this rule is not one which many like and it's incredibly daunting to me that this was approved because I for one already fear about the criminal side of this server being incredibly distant and lack-lustre, these restrictions just push illegal role-players further.

If an individual wants to shoot their way out of a bad situation, who are we to say that's not OK? There's a difference in an active, adrenaline-filled choice and an out-right power gaming rule breaker. We're all able to differentiate I'd say, and from a legal side - I don't like this rule and a lot of other law enforcement role-players do not either. 

Edit: I'd like to get a healthy conversation going between the pros and cons, if the rules do in-fact need changing and if so, how can we improve? I don't think a blanket rule like this is acceptable. We aren't here to police the server, and I feel that subconsciously this just automatically lets us win most situations now. 

Edited by owen
  • Upvote 23
  • Applaud 2

I'm in full agreement with the suggestion. 

Implementing the rule benefits nobody. Everyone has their own reason for shooting and I think it's a hindrance when you apply these types of rules on people's roleplay. If a four deep wishes to step out and shoot at law enforcement on a traffic stop, I see no issue with this. Everyone has their reasoning and if I (as a LEO roleplayer) believe it is invalid, then I'll submit a forum report.

However, in my time on this server, I have yet to file one forum report following my death after being killed on a traffic stop. It happens. Traffic stops are incredibly dangerous in real life and anything can happen and this is universally understood by every single LEO roleplayer. 

Edited by Zapper
  • Upvote 5

Couldn't agree more. Sure, there's some cases where the shooting isn't exactly realistic and done poorly, but in my experience the GTAW Staff have almost always handled those properly and promptly and even when they were delayed, considering what I lost was typically a few business cards and some minor items, I'm generally not heart broken if it takes time.

A lot of the time, I can see and understand why someone shoots and sometimes I die but it's okay because in an hour everything returns to normal. 

• Upvote 2