Revert the LEO Murder Restriction Rule

owen

This rule only restricts and limits the illegal roleplayers on the server, another rule provides nothing except restriction. The only people who lose from this rule are the cops and actual illegal roleplayers who are here to roleplay. The rule in itself is very redundant and confusing, for example; 

- Shooting a member of law enforcement over a traffic stop because you assume there is a warrant on you.

How else would you figure out if you have a warrant other than assuming? It just makes no sense and implies that we're living in a perfect world where everything goes right. Criminals are sloppy, they make mistakes and rash decisions. When a cop dies you lose nothing unless its a long-term investigation and you're PKed from it, however, this rule doesn't target that at all. You respawn get a free gun and you're right back doing the same roleplay as you were before. 

Bad rule and limits roleplay even more than it already is for illegal roleplayers. 

• Upvote 7

+1

As of right now before using my gun I gotta make sure I am ready to write a 300+ word explanation on the forums explaining why I decided to shoot. Then before shooting, I gotta make sure I write up a 20+ word /me on HOW I'm gonna shoot down the victim. And now I gotta make sure that I am not shooting over a regular traffic stop, and not because of the triple homicide that I just committed. 

Edited by ille freeway
  • Upvote 4

This rules eliminates the mantra of "never enough backup" that we continuously preach on an in character level in the LSSD. There's no need for backup anymore if you have a forcefield that protects you from all harm. Cops need to play it smart. If they're pulling over a 4-deep car, they should be worried about getting shot, and should most definitely radio for help. 

Hey, unfortunately this is not up for public discussion at the moment, per Nervous.

On 5/1/2023 at 9:24 PM, Nervous said:

I'll lock this. The past 3 months the trend of using "I thought there was a warrant on me" to shoot cops for no reason has drastically increased to be almost a daily basis, if these players were mature enough to not do stupid roleplay & bend the rules we wouldn't need to add such rulings. For now it is way better to keep it like this for everyone.

That being said, Illegal Faction Management will push this discussion internally for amendments and review to the rule if/as required.

• Upvote 6