Different applications for criminal vs legal roleplayers

LoneRider

3 minutes ago, LoneRider said:

You don't understand what we're saying. We're just pointing out that illegal roleplayers are much more likely to be punished by admins compared to legal roleplayers. Just check the report player section, do you see more legal or illegal roleplayers involved in these reports? It's illegals, exactly.

It's about pointing out the hypocrisy and the fact that staff mostly punish criminal roleplayers and not legal ones, by using the typical "It's not realistic" excuse, whereas when a legal roleplayer does something that wouldn't be realistic, they get off scot free because "It doesn't hurt anyone!"

Under what circumstances do you expect legal v legal forum reports to take place? There's not many interactions you'll find between legal roleplayers that will require any ooc intervention. If your issue is an alleged bias in the staff team you should condense your topic to reflect that.

• Upvote 1

I suppose what I am saying is that roleplay is fluid.

In the same act as you want to make illegal fill out a form to allow illegal activities, you are in the same act restricting the roleplay of what you call "civilians". You are saying that admins must now check and punish a "civilian" who decide to instead of going to 5 clubs, do something story wise that is defined as "illegal". That a civilian who has never filled out both forms, must now keep themselves to going to clubs, and never engage in corrupt or illegal roleplay because they've not filled out the secondary form. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Natala said:

I suppose what I am saying is that roleplay is fluid.

In the same act as you want to make illegal fill out a form to allow illegal activities, you are in the same act restricting the roleplay of what you call "civilians". You are saying that admins must now check and punish a "civilian" who decide to instead of going to 5 clubs, do something story wise that is defined as "illegal". That a civilian who has never filled out both forms, must now keep themselves to going to clubs, and never engage in corrupt or illegal roleplay because they've not filled out the secondary form. 

Does this mean illegal rpers get punished for not filling out the legal RP form because they stepped inside a nightclub, hardware store, 24/7 or bar or god forbid getting a job there?

Edited by SpicyBandito
2 hours ago, LoneRider said:

What you said isn't really relevant to what I am saying. 

Why should someone have to abide by more rules simply because they're roleplaying a criminal?

Rules mean nothing if players don't know they're existing - making them literally non-enforceable. I would argue that it is very much relevant to what you're proposing.

You abide by more rules because illegal roleplay (by its nature) has much higher potential to be disruptive to other players, therefore needs to be regulated to prevent (potential) abuse. 

Edited by Gapis
  • Upvote 1

We also need separate water fountains, too.

This sounds like U.S. during segregation system. No thank you.

EDIT: I'm just going to add... should be no such thing as "Illegal vs Legal"... characters are complex on a spectrum between EVERYTHING. 

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 5

There is no such thing as criminal roleplayers being held to higher standarts at all. As blunt as this is, criminal factions don't care whether or not the player they are about to recruit has 18 admin jails this year and is keen on breaking more rules onwards is what there is to it, so a difference appears when you compare admin incidents with legal factions. No judging there, but the statement you made is just wrong.

Edited by Fabulous

No parties, regardless of the type of roleplay they pursue in the server, are held to a higher or different standard than everybody else. 

The application process is standardized and adapted for EVERYONE who wishes to join the server to have an equal idea of what the in-game rules are and how you can react to them in a way that is up to the high standards of the community. Making a different application for both sides would not only cause a confusion for new players, but also an burden for those who review it - it implies that we would have to shift our mentality to uphold two sides to different standards, which I think we all believe would be a very irrational and unfair approach to the situation. This would also by consequence "incapacitate" those applying for one application to participate on the other side of the spectrum without an application.

The biggest reason why illegal roleplayers usually have more forum complaints/reports against them is because they are usually involved in situations that are strongly monitored and outlined by the in-game rules. For example, robberies! Robberies have a ton of rules, but those rules are not just for criminals. There are rules that the robbery victim also has to follow. Both sides are held to a mutual high standard.

Not to mention, as someone has already mentioned, roleplay in the server is fluid and can change rapidly; a character may start off as illegal and end up doing legal roleplay, or viceversa. Perhaps they're doing both under corruption perms, who knows. Let's not confuse and restrict people from this liberty!

• Upvote 2

I don't really see how having a separate application would change the standards either side are held too, plus the term il/legal roleplayer is pretty fluid and you can adapt from one to the other pretty easily given the right circumstances. I disagree that legal roleplayers are held to less of a standard than criminals are, in my opinion criminals have a bit more freedom to be just a bit more outlandish in their actions when it comes down to it while still being held to the same standard and really that's probably a good thing.