Robbery rule.

A lot of the robbery rules aren't too good but I feel like if people were just hopping out and robbing someone straight up then it would happen way too much. But restricting cars to where you can't even park up in the area is just crazy as hell. I don't want to run around everywhere just for some petty mugging. If I had to do that then I might accidentally rob the wrong people and cause problems. Robbing in your residential area isn't a good thing for many reasons.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Engelbert said:

I am also sorry to break it to you, but the rules are in place, because people drove from one end of the city to another several times looking for someone to rob. And no using a gun during a mugging actually adds more charges to the act commited, reclassifying it to an armed robbery. Example of mugging I witnessed yesterday - bunch of people brawling, one ended up on the ground, others took his belongings and ran away. Example of what the rules are actually trying to combat - A car swerves towards you and several masked people with guns hop out, hold you at gunpoint and take everything you have and then hop back in and speed away. Difference - 1st one is a brawl combined with mugging. 2nd is armed robbery. 1st one happened on the gang's turf, that was doing the brawl (victim wasn't a local inhabitant) 2nd one can happen anywhere and anytime as long as robbers have a car. There is a also a chain robbing rule, because people would otherwise just gring robberies.

It doesn't matter what the act is classified as IC'ly, as it falls under the exact same rule according to the In-Game rules. If you're advocating for a split of the rule here, state so explicitly instead of derailing the thread. Also at no point did I say you should be allowed to drive up and rob people in a car. /ALL/ vehicles are banned at this current time. Why would I not be allowed to hide a bicycle in an alley half a mile from where I decided to rob someone, just so I could bicycle my way back afterwards?

Either way, I am not debating the rest of the rules set in place for robberies/muggings, as they are in their right place to combat players with illicit intentions. I am only trying to point out the fact that not being allowed to use a vehicles at all, at any point in the stage of a robbery/mugging, is a bit too much. I think you should at the very least be allowed to have a getaway vehicle hidden a few blocks away. I believe this exact part of the rules is what's making the rules too strict, and makes this aspect of roleplay on this server "impossible".

Edited by isco
12 minutes ago, isco said:

It doesn't matter what the act is classified as IC'ly, as it falls under the exact same rule according to the In-Game rules. If you're advocating for a split of the rule here, state so explicitly instead of derailing the thread. Also at no point did I say you should be allowed to drive up and rob people in a car. /ALL/ vehicles are banned at this current time. Why would I not be allowed to hide a bicycle in an alley half a mile from where I decided to rob someone, just so I could bicycle my way back afterwards?

Either way, I am not debating the rest of the rules set in place for robberies/muggings, as they are in their right place to combat players with illicit intentions. I am only trying to point out the fact that not being allowed to use a vehicles at all, at any point in the stage of a robbery/mugging, is a bit too much. I think you should at the very least be allowed to have a getaway vehicle hidden a few blocks away. I believe this exact part of the rules is what's making the rules too strict, and makes this aspect of roleplay on this server "impossible".

The few ruin it for the many, a cheesy saying that rings true on these topics every time. Since its inception GTA W has been plagued by individual groups of raunchy teens that get on together to form small gangs. They’re often inspired by YouTube, and often from communities like Roblox, Fortnite and Rust to emulate VoIPRP shenanigans. These people infest the “gang/illegal” roleplay side because it’s easily accessible. Unlike government and most legal factions you don’t need a process to join anything. And you don’t need to join an established gang or crew who maintains a standard to be part of the criminal scene. These groups of 4-7 players will get on, form a gang (because they can) and for a period of 2-4 weeks, which is about the time it takes for them to get banned, wreak havoc on anyone unlucky enough to get in their way. The only way for these groups to get anything is through robbery and PF abuse, whatever it takes to get firearms and perpetuate their trash roleplay. Instead of tackling this, GTA W decides to apply restriction upon restriction for people that don’t even bother logging onto the forum or play by the rules. 

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised that this rule isn't changed yet. Allow illegal RP-ers to use cars in muggings, and muggings/burglaries out of their neighborhood (Expensive areas like Vinewood Hills etc). There's plenty of examples from the real life counterpart (Los Angeles) where gangsters from South Central go out to rich areas to perform burglaries/muggings. Maybe implement more fear to Illegal RP-ers when performing muggings/burglaries with a higher chance of getting CK-ed when caught by police or getting killed during the robbery.

A couple of examples from real life that go against this rule;

A group of gang members tried to rob an expensive watch from a male on broad daylight at Beverly Hills

LAPD blames Rollin 30's gang members in hundreds of burglaries outside of their own neighborhood, including houses of celebrities

A group of gang members traveled out to Hollywood Hills to carry out a home invasion burglary on a known celebrity

A group of thugs utilizing a car to possibly perform a robbery on a pedestrian

4 hours ago, Glocknine said:

I'm surprised that this rule isn't changed yet.

I'm not surprised at all. Nervous has stated repeatedly that the community doesn't want to go back to a situation where players go masked 4-deep, get their /me's copy pasted and ready to then cut some random guy off on the sidewalk and immediately get into a situation where they are at an advantage by default. 

There haven't been any serious proposals where this has been properly addressed, so why the surprise? 

8 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

I'm not surprised at all. Nervous has stated repeatedly that the community doesn't want to go back to a situation where players go masked 4-deep, get their /me's copy pasted and ready to then cut some random guy off on the sidewalk and immediately get into a situation where they are at an advantage by default. 

There haven't been any serious proposals where this has been properly addressed, so why the surprise? 

Okay, understandable if that's what he wants.

Because the people who made that rule dont go outside, they dont know what goes on irl🤣 I'm assuming so with that rule anyway. People usually rob in/on vehicles. Who's gonna park a car jump out and run up on you, when they can sit in a car, roll the window down and be more discreet with it. Also only robbing in your own area is stupid, if you RP a poor character, you're gonna want to rob richer people, not other broke hoodlums, unless you have IC knowledge they got money. 

33 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

That shit happens in real life. Why would you put yourself at a disadvantage? That sounds like a P2W attitude, dont get caught lacking. I understand highly unrealistic robberies, but majority of the rules on the server are too detailed, people cant even play their character they have to act around rules, because they'll get caught out by some stupid loophole and get ajailed or get it voided. The rules should be plain and simple and it's upto you to act realistically. 

An example of it is, I got robbed with a screwdriver. I then went back to my house got a gun, and went looking for the guy who robbed me, I found him and told him give me my phone back, he runs up and hits me off my bike, so I pull my gun and shoot him dead. He reports and I get warned "Shooting during a fist fight". Like what, I was looking for the guy to shoot him in the first place. 2, he has a screwdriver why tf am I gonna fight him. 

31 minutes ago, Rhys123 said:

That shit happens in real life. Why would you put yourself at a disadvantage? That sounds like a P2W attitude, dont get caught lacking. I understand highly unrealistic robberies, but majority of the rules on the server are too detailed, people cant even play their character they have to act around rules, because they'll get caught out by some stupid loophole and get ajailed or get it voided. The rules should be plain and simple and it's upto you to act realistically. 

An example of it is, I got robbed with a screwdriver. I then went back to my house got a gun, and went looking for the guy who robbed me, I found him and told him give me my phone back, he runs up and hits me off my bike, so I pull my gun and shoot him dead. He reports and I get warned "Shooting during a fist fight". Like what, I was looking for the guy to shoot him in the first place. 2, he has a screwdriver why tf am I gonna fight him. 

The "It happens in real life" is probably the laziest argument possible. I could go on and on and on about things that happen in real life, even to the point where I could say it "frequently" happens but if we were to roleplay all that on a 1:1 scale with only 700players at any given time as opposed to the millions and millions of potential victims in real life? You'll just have a city of frustrated victims and I'd argue that it would be totally realistic for such a victimized population to go absolutely crazy and develop serious mental issues to the point where I would say its totally realistic for them to go on mass shooting sprees in areas where these "robbers" (IE: Gang members) convey on a regular basis. Which would again, in turn ruin the roleplay atmosphere we've been trying to create on the server and would turn this into one of those FiveM full blown warfare servers where its near impossible to do anything without violence being involved at every corner. 

These rules don't exist to screw you over, they're there to protect normal players and create somewhat of a "realistic" innocent population, even if that population at the moment consists of mostly unrealistic mallrat-like characters that use this platform to fulfill dark and weird fantasies. 

Edited by Martyn
  • Upvote 1

Rules like this wouldn't have to be made if people didn't treat the server like it was GTA Online or some cringe voice RP server where rules are almost non existant. The city felt dead as hell because nobody wanted to go outside knowing that every 30 minutes they'd be met with a robbery squad of 4+ masked up gangbangers driving around in Buffalos or other expensive rides for petty muggings. Or the lame tactic of literally kidnapping people & driving them to the middle of nowhere just to pat them down. 

If people could go 5 mins without treating the server like GTA Online, strict rules like this wouldnt need to be made.

• Upvote 1