Robbery rule.

7 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

No going to the county to rob people if you live in the city

No going to the city to rob people if you live in the county

No kidnapping people for the soul purpose of robbing them

/rant

So, counter point. IRL people travel all the time to rob. In Kansas City for example, at the Red Light District, a place notorious for robberies, people who get busted often are from out of state. In the city I live in, the rich neighborhood constantly gets hit because everyone there thinks its a safe neighborhood and they continue to leave their doors unlocked, despite the high frequency people from the ghetto will show up and break in. Its actually safer if you rob people far away from where you live, so you CAN get away with it.

Speaking of, vehicles are used in robberies all the time, mostly as getaways. Kidnapping to rob someone I don't think is too common, even on this server, but if someone planned it out they should be rewarded for their scheme.

The only limitations I would place on robberies, is A) the frequency, B) how much they're allowed to take, and C) They portray it realistically (aka, not robbing people in the middle of a busy street).

Edited by Astralsomnia
4 minutes ago, Xena said:

Exactly. It completely destroys immersion and any chances for new criminal roleplayers to try out some mugging roleplay. In the end it's a roleplay server on Grand Theft Auto 5, and not Sims 4 Remastered.

There is an acute need for a bit of leniency on illegal roleplay. It can't be that you can't even hide a getaway vehicle blocks away, or even use a car to scout before the mugging. It's as if this server is going soft and only catering to legal roleplayers.

I think the issue isn't catering to legal roleplayers only, but more so that we had a long period of time where people couldn't even visit the beach without being taxed by muggings. Now the muggins aren't the biggest of problems but usually the 'hardcore' need to beat people to pulp following them.

I'm all pro for more lenient robbery rules, but if we see another wave of checkerboard people with masks robbing people in their torrences, then it's kinda obvious why its needed.

1 minute ago, Mahiko said:

I think the issue isn't catering to legal roleplayers only, but more so that we had a long period of time where people couldn't even visit the beach without being taxed by muggings. Now the muggins aren't the biggest of problems but usually the 'hardcore' need to beat people to pulp following them.

I'm all pro for more lenient robbery rules, but if we see another wave of checkerboard people with masks robbing people in their torrences, then it's kinda obvious why its needed.

Sure that's why the rules were implemented in the first place, and it clearly stopped the problem aswell. However the issue is now that the rules that were made, were made a little too strict - rendering mugging pretty much impossible, and making everywhere a phantom safezone.

I think now that we are past this, it's time to look in retrospect on the robbery rules. The leniency should at least be to allow (certain?) getaway vehicles to be hidden out of sight a distance away, for a possibility at a getaway afterwards.

The way the rules are right now makes it so strict that anybody who isn't completely trained/experienced in mugging, will have absolutely no chance of committing a succesful mugging. It clearly states in the robbery rules right now that /NO VEHICLES AT ALL/ are allowed to be used in any part of the mugging, from start to finish. This renders this part of illegal roleplay harder/riskier than any other crime at all, and we might as well ban mugging as a whole at that point.

2 minutes ago, Xena said:

Sure that's why the rules were implemented in the first place, and it clearly stopped the problem aswell. However the issue is now that the rules that were made, were made a little too strict - rendering mugging pretty much impossible, and making everywhere a phantom safezone.

I think now that we are past this, it's time to look in retrospect on the robbery rules. The leniency should at least be to allow (certain?) getaway vehicles to be hidden out of sight a distance away, for a possibility at a getaway afterwards.

The way the rules are right now makes it so strict that anybody who isn't completely trained/experienced in mugging, will have absolutely no chance of committing a succesful mugging. It clearly states in the robbery rules right now that /NO VEHICLES AT ALL/ are allowed to be used in any part of the mugging, from start to finish. This renders this part of illegal roleplay harder/riskier than any other crime at all, and we might as well ban mugging as a whole at that point.

I would agree to the extent that the rules are too strict on. But sadly the time when the rules were made had better RP quality all around than they do now, so I think we need a full revamp rather than it being loosened up. I've seen another suggestion pushing these things behind a wall called IFM Official and unofficial factions, as it would likely curb stomp those groups that are not a part of the official scene but rather just there to create chaos. And as much as people may deny it, they do exist.

Personally, as an LEO roleplayer, I don't mind the rules being changed up. But if it's expected that I investigate 239231 armed robberies a day, it'll turn into the same thing we have with corpses, that no one gives a fuck about them anymore.

10 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

Lack of imagination and pure script gain mostly.

Script gain is kind of necessary, but what for exactly? For drugs and guns? Yes you need money. For anything else? Yes perhaps, but what does it really mean?

Majority of people use 10+ outfit slots. 1 costs 100$, unemployment coverage can cover these expenses. Guns you need for wars and stuff, yes if you wanna buy you need money. Here's this...background ooc gun deals happen, some players sit on their guns etc etc. Do we have a rule, that they need to empty their stock before receiving next batch? If not we should. People who buy drugs, do they rp taking them daily? I do, that's why I count every dollar I can. Now robberies are high risk ??? reward on this server, much like paid loot boxes. You never know what you get. I personally prefer quieter approach, either a car break-in (assuming the script they promised about random vehicles with random loot spawning..actually works), or house break-in. I know that robberies are necessary, but it shouldn't be the core of one's roleplay.

People need to think for a moment as to why would their character rob someone, why would they hold someone at gunpoint.

In case people have forgotten, this is roleplay. Yes every action of one's character needs justification. Otherwise we can pretty playing random characters everytime we log in.

Edited by Engelbert

i remember getting robbed 5 times just in a single day by different players when i first joined. it was really frustrating and we couldn't do any outdoor rp back then. I guess now there's a bit of freedom to rp outside without constantly getting robbed. Not all players look at this from an RP perspective, most of them are doing it just for your assets and nothing else. 

Just because you or someone else prefers to perform a house break-in or break into a car to lower your risk, it shouldn't render mugging impossible and completely restricted rulewise. It's still something people would want to roleplay at some point or should at least be able to, new or old players and illegal or legal. 

Some people may do it out of lack of imagination or for script gain only, however that would be the exact same case in breaking into cars or houses. There could be a lot of stuff inside, or it could be nada. High risk ??? reward, as you said yourself.

I find it wrong that a certain aspect of criminal roleplay is so restricted to the point where it's almost impossible. If these rules should apply for mugging, the exact same rules should apply for house break in's or vehicle break-in's.

The point I am trying to get across is that the mugging rules at this point are way too tight right now, and clearly only for this type of crime. My suggesting remains as I mentioned in my post before.