Robbery rule.

6 minutes ago, DLimit said:

That wouldn't stop the gang from being able to R.P., though, to be fair... but, it just stops reckless behavior. Gangs, in L.A., still function during injunctions. However, they generally become more organized and low-profile, at least amongst those that are smart and discrete with their work.

Which is exactly what we need to encourage, but the masses will just cry and scream 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Moonsong said:

Or you know, allow cops to take down gangs that are going on careless robbery sprees, use injunctions to ban them from certain areas they are causing problems in. It's all IC right? Oh wait...yeah that would stop the gangs from being able to roleplay and they wouldn't be able to have any fun and for some reason it's too OP and unfair, so let's resort to protecting gangs OOC so they can keep doing stupid shit.

Right idea, wrong execution. Gang injunctions do nothing except kill illegal roleplay majority of the time, plus the people who preform these low quality muggings aren't apart of factions. Lets not punish people who've put the effort in to create a faction.

Gang injunctions don't really accomplish much on the server, law enforcement roleplayers have plenty of effective tools to stop gangs which works just fine. 

With that said, I am completely for IC consquences, just not injunctions. Robbery task forces exist in both the LASD, LAPD, the implentation of them here could work well. Additionally, more patrols in robbery hotspots would also work well.

15 hours ago, joebidensmokesyesca said:

Additionally, more patrols in robbery hotspots would also work well.

The server just outlawed AIR camping those hotspots. We also don t have the million cameras LAPD has, facial recognition or phone tracking beyond a glorified /sendlocation.

Idk what tools you think LSPD has but they're worse than a 1980 city police.

1 hour ago, pateuvasiliu said:

The server just outlawed AIR camping those hotspots. We also don t have the million cameras LAPD has, facial recognition or phone tracking beyond a glorified /sendlocation.

Idk what tools you think LSPD has but they're worse than a 1980 city police.

Why do you need an AIR unit that has an extremely overpowed camera to CAMP robbery hotspots? 

Law enforcement have more than enough tools to limit the amount of violence caused by gangs. (Stop and frisks, more frequent patrols (In cars, obviously), search warrants, and so on). 

You don't need facial recognition nor a million combat crime, its just the lazy way out. I must rather prefer the actual investigative side of investigations rather than having everything handed to you.

14 minutes ago, joebidensmokesyesca said:

Why do you need an AIR unit that has an extremely overpowed camera to CAMP robbery hotspots? 

Law enforcement have more than enough tools to limit the amount of violence caused by gangs. (Stop and frisks, more frequent patrols (In cars, obviously), search warrants, and so on). 

You don't need facial recognition nor a million combat crime, its just the lazy way out. I must rather prefer the actual investigative side of investigations rather than having everything handed to you.

What I listed are investigative tools. What you listed is something they were doing in the Roman Empire. You keep using the word investigation, when camera footage, phone tracking and facial recognition are basic tools every modern police department has and the core of investigation.

why do you need air

Because we're portraying a modern and well funded police department, not Bumfuck nowhere PD?

Edited by pateuvasiliu
1 hour ago, joebidensmokesyesca said:

I'm afraid that this is simply not true. The LEO factions are pretty limited and strictly regulated in what they can do. We work with what we have though.

It's easier said than done because to do this we have to

a) Have the manpower to do it

b) Have people motivated to go through and do that sort of rp

c) Stop getting shot at every time we pull over someone that has 1 gram of weed and a pistol on them

d) Not get evaded the millionth time that day for little to no reason or because ''Fuck twelve!''

e) We need concrete evidence because any accusations that seem to be based off suspicion will just get thrown in the garbage bin. 

f) Not have 6 shootings and 2 panic alarms take place in the span of an hour which takes up most of the manpower that we have.

I'm not saying we need some crazy facial recognition system or anything, it's just pretty difficult to solve whatever crimes we have on the server due to lack of script or players to support it. I've taken two dozen statements from people on crime scenes and more often than not I've been met with uncooperative people that refuse to tell me anything either due to fear of retaliation or because of what I call, a ''Fuck twelve'' mentality.

Also for the people that argue that law enforcement should have BWC (body worn cameras), I think you fail to realize that the majority of LEO rpers (at least from what I've seen) are against the idea of introducing them due to balancing issues. It would just create an even bigger rift between the illegal and legal scene on the server and lead to a massive increase of powergaming reports against cop rpers. If we want to balance the fun on the server, it should go both ways. That's why its best not to have body cameras. 

Edited by nateX
  • Upvote 2
On 4/4/2023 at 8:20 PM, Kweng said:

I think I need to take a trip down to RPQM if you're making half a million in a week for watching properties, man...

That's spread across twenty two employees.

Edited by Martyn
  • 2 months later...
On 6/16/2023 at 9:44 PM, trAVI said:

makes absolutely zero sense not to use a car as a getaway.. who the fuck would rob someone on foot  when u can just easily use a car as a getaway... 

If helicopters have to play by the rules, so do you.

Also, the only reason the getaway car limitation was implemented as a rule is because the criminal community overfished the server until it was eating itself. No joke, we had criminals complaining for entire pages about how the streets were empty and criminals could only rob other criminals, because everyone else had left or found safer places to roleplay. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thrilled about this rule either, but I've been here long enough to see why it was implemented. 

• Upvote 3