SAPR should change to SAHP. Here are some reasons why.

TommyX

I have been in SAPR and I have been in LSSD. I don't think introducing a third primary LEO faction is right answer here.

Instead, I think some changes should be made to the hunting script to incentivize people to participate in it more. Additionally, perhaps other script or legal faction jobs in/around state parks could be added to naturally increase player activity in these areas. (The new Paleto Lumber Mill project is a step in the right direction, for example)

I have also been in both SAPR and LSSD.

While some deputies do patrol the county, 95% of them never touch it. The fact of the matter is that most of the time, too many calls and situations in the city lead to no available deputies to patrol the city, let alone the county. No matter what happens in a "perfect world," that is the true reality of the situation.

SAPR to SAHP is a good call, it should be done. They do it anyway. They're good people too. 

11 minutes ago, sherald said:

I have been in SAPR and I have been in LSSD. I don't think introducing a third primary LEO faction is right answer here.

Instead, I think some changes should be made to the hunting script to incentivize people to participate in it more. Additionally, perhaps other script or legal faction jobs in/around state parks could be added to naturally increase player activity in these areas. (The new Paleto Lumber Mill project is a step in the right direction, for example)

I don't believe the point of this suggestion is "introducing a third primary LEO faction". The point being raised is that, as things are (not necessarily as they were originally intended to be),  SAPR is responsible for providing the bulk of the LEO RP basically everywhere outside of Los Santos. It does not make sense for a faction called "San Andreas Park Rangers" to be doing that. You can say "give them more to do in the parks", but that won't fix the vacuum that exists without them providing RP in the areas outside of the parks.

• Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, Harrisonius said:

I don't believe the point of this suggestion is "introducing a third primary LEO faction". The point being raised is that, as things are (not necessarily as they were originally intended to be),  SAPR is responsible for providing the bulk of the LEO RP basically everywhere outside of Los Santos. It does not make sense for a faction called "San Andreas Park Rangers" to be doing that. You can say "give them more to do in the parks", but that won't fix the vacuum that exists without them providing RP in the areas outside of the parks.

This is untrue. I'm not sure where this misconception that "LSSD never patrols up north" comes from. LSSD Paleto Station provides plenty of coverage and passive roleplay for north SA. There are a handful of Deputies who routinely patrol those areas and interact with county RPers. I don't think a third primary LEO faction is necessary. Even today's jam-packed Coffee with A Cop event is a prime example of their activity out there.

Edited by sherald
20 minutes ago, Harrisonius said:

Yes, that is my point. Thanks for saying it

Hot take.

Get rid of SAPR all together and recruit more LSSD deputies that focus on the county. They could provide backup to the city units so that we don’t get so many bored PRs pulling folks over for literally fuck all.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Tzula said:

Reminder too, that Highway Patrol also has DPS & TAU and by implementing SAHP we would be stepping on the toes of H Platoon who guard senators and other Government Men/Women.

state and local gov r two diff entities, i understand h platoon gets work with both but theres no reason they cant collab theoretically and have SAHP prioritize on state gov 

The Park Rangers keep an insane amount of activity in the county area and I think removing them would just be silly. Great how it is although definitely needs an update and IC laws need to be updated regarding hunting. Would love to see some raised prices with carcasses from hunting as long as it isn't abused as well which could raise activity. 

1 hour ago, sherald said:

Definitely agree with jobs being a priority for the area, higher paying jobs would definitely lead to an increase of activity as well. Also need to look into creating apartment complex mappings / houses in some of the desert areas / current construction site areas which a mapping could literally be slapped on over the ground and would allow so many more players to be able to live in the area.