The Mask Epidemic

The Mask Epidemic  

961 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, ANGELS4EVER70 said:

Because it's an IC Issue, yes. 

I'll wait for the moment when the majority of forum posters that claim to represent illegal roleplay agree with you on this point.

14 hours ago, The Plug said:

That’s only once they have you at gun point. That’s what I’m saying. The same way yall think getting ur point is incomprehensible to us, it’s incomprehensible to illegal RPers how the fuck yall can’t see a robbery coming. If you’ve gotten robbed this many times, you would and should be ICly paranoid about it happening. Just stay close to your car, keep a gun and keep your head on a swivel it’s pretty simple.

If illegal RPers can avoid simply getting shot (which is way easier than robbing someone) while still RPing outside during a faction war, yall should be able to avoid getting robbed when you can clearly see 2 - 4 masked people spinning around your area. Y’all are just not situationally aware at all and you want to over exaggerate the situation cuz of your own failing. Which by the way is not our problem, it’s yours. 

Then y’all want to make masks be worn only upon admins approval. Which sounds to me like you guys basically want an OOC mask rule so if you see somebody wearing a mask you know they are for sure looking to rob people. Meanwhile illegal RPers already assume that somebody wearing a mask is either sliding on or robbing people (common sense btw) which is why we barely get robbed. 

Periodddd

• Upvote 2

Issue isn't that everyone is wearing a mask. Issue is that people prefer wannabe gangbanger RP over proper mob or legal RP. Only times ever I see Thomas or Maggie wearing a mask are only when riding bikes or at race tracks. 8/10 times at least you only see Jamal or Shaniqua wearing a mask 24/7

Edited by EKWorks
On 3/21/2024 at 1:24 PM, DLimit said:

Funny enough, there still is one, and nobody has refuted the argument about how permitting "in the moment" vehicular robberies, without admin intervention, destroyed an entire server known as "GTAW: Liberty City".

GTA World: LC's demise wasn't solely attributed to the increase in robberies only, but also to the demand of assets. Activity began to dwindle when players discovered they couldn't transfer their items and money between LS and LC.

Now, personally, I couldn't careless about the whole shiesty issue. Sure, it's somewhat ridiculous to see ten people sporting shiesties on a street corner, but enforcing an OOC ruleagainst wearing them seems rather pointless and ineffective. Take, for instance, a recent incident were a deputy engaged in a shootout with two suspects, both wearing shiesties. Upon arrival, the deputy was killed, and the shootout persisted. Later, an individual wearing a shiesty, hood drawn, emerged from a nearby complex. Him fitting the description of one of the suspects, my character shot him. He'd then voiced his complaints in /b before reporting it, only to be instructed by an admin to handle it ICly.

My point being, if you choose to don a shiesty at all times, be prepared to face the consequences that come with it. I'd say, give SAGOV/City Council something to work with, let them create a law against shiesties or something, I don't know. But enforcing a OOCly rule on what you can wear and not can wear? No, thank you.

15 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

What's wrong with my preference? If it's alright for an unrealistically large portion of the population to wear masks in public, why worry about everyone wearing masks?

I'm legit all for this. We've got a chance to make an interesting cultural trend. The responses have all been "keep it IC bro" so what's wrong with the culture of this city keeping it IC and fully embracing the growing trend? 

17 hours ago, The Plug said:

That’s only once they have you at gun point. That’s what I’m saying. The same way yall think getting ur point is incomprehensible to us, it’s incomprehensible to illegal RPers how the fuck yall can’t see a robbery coming. If you’ve gotten robbed this many times, you would and should be ICly paranoid about it happening. Just stay close to your car, keep a gun and keep your head on a swivel it’s pretty simple.

If illegal RPers can avoid simply getting shot (which is way easier than robbing someone) while still RPing outside during a faction war, yall should be able to avoid getting robbed when you can clearly see 2 - 4 masked people spinning around your area. Y’all are just not situationally aware at all and you want to over exaggerate the situation cuz of your own failing. Which by the way is not our problem, it’s yours. 

Then y’all want to make masks be worn only upon admins approval. Which sounds to me like you guys basically want an OOC mask rule so if you see somebody wearing a mask you know they are for sure looking to rob people. Meanwhile illegal RPers already assume that somebody wearing a mask is either sliding on or robbing people (common sense btw) which is why we barely get robbed. 

and thats facts

17 hours ago, The Plug said:

You are talking like people should be acting around Vinewood like they are in El Salvador (much love to my salvadoreños) 10 years ago.

Head on a swivel, keep watch?? Don't you see the issue? You don't need to do all that when you are going for a walk with your family in real life (unless you go into bad areas).

People want to go out and focus on ROLEPLAYING CALMLY rather than watching out like we in a post apocalyptic world.

"Head on a swivel, stay close to your car, keep your gun ready" ... sounding like we roleplaying in World War Z...

• Upvote 5

It depends on the mask if i'm honest.

If I see someone rocking one of the medical masks? I think that should be fine, people could roleplay them being sick and such, good roleplay!

However, wearing ski masks and such? 24/7 for barely any reason,  I think there should be either IC or OOC consequences, depending on the RP/person, whatever. I can't say for sure if there should be OOC or IC consequences though, since as I said, it should really depend on the situation!

All up to the IC laws on masks and such too:!

Edited by grave
added to my opinion.

If I see someone walking around with a mask I'm instantly suspicious of them and will watch what they do. That's because of my IC experiences with masked people. If it's an open business it should be handled IC. If I see someone coming towards me with a mask? You bet I'll start looking for a way to leave or exit. Same if I'm ina  car, masked people towards me? I dip. I'm not going to wait around to find out what happens. I've been robbed before and the times I had been robbed well nothing I could do about it (The truth is most of these robberies were before the rules were clarified so people did the classic drive their car, leave round the corner, jump into yard).

I prefer this was solved in character. Don't want people to be suspicious of you? Don't wear a mask.  I rather not have any more ooc restrictions.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Fenris said:

If I see someone walking around with a mask I'm instantly suspicious of them and will watch what they do. That's because of my IC experiences with masked people. If it's an open business it should be handled IC. If I see someone coming towards me with a mask? You bet I'll start looking for a way to leave or exit. Same if I'm ina  car, masked people towards me? I dip. I'm not going to wait around to find out what happens. I've been robbed before and the times I had been robbed well nothing I could do about it (The truth is most of these robberies were before the rules were clarified so people did the classic drive their car, leave round the corner, jump into yard).

I prefer this was solved in character. Don't want people to be suspicious of you? Don't wear a mask.  I rather not have any more ooc restrictions.

Does the "Rather not have more OOC restrictions" also extend to not OOC restricting the senate to ICly pass a law that would allow law enforcement to preemptively frisk folk that walk around in public with ski masks?

• Upvote 1