The Mask Epidemic

The Mask Epidemic  

961 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While some argue for its usefulness, the past 2 days I’ve seen people roll up in masks at my character’s workplace to rob someone in plain daylight with cctvs all around and another dude who is masked up driving like GTA Online. 

for every person with legitimate use there’s at least one person who trolls and causes unrealistic havoc. 

with that said, I don’t think there’s much of a solution to this except introducing an IC law preventing people from covering their face without there being a valid reason. 

OOC punishments are not the way to go for this. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, zoommm said:

I think this should be dealt in-character as it'd be better that way and not OOC.

Assuming every citizen and member of legislature was fully in support of implementing a law against wearing masks in public, it'd be shut down OOC by staff, because "It would be detrimental to the criminal community."

Never happening. It's not that I don't support the idea, because it'll further shut down shit-tier roleplay, but it's simply never happening.

• Upvote 2
17 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Assuming every citizen and member of legislature was fully in support of implementing a law against wearing masks in public, it'd be shut down OOC by staff, because "It would be detrimental to the criminal community."

Never happening. It's not that I don't support the idea, because it'll further shut down shit-tier roleplay, but it's simply never happening.

Ironically the same reason why bodycams were banned.

• Upvote 1

I believe we should have a rule where players cannot wear glasses (shades) as a mask. The mask must cover your mouth and nose (or full face). From a real-life point of view it's not that hard to identify someone. However I still strongly believe some In Characters laws could be introduced. 

Edited by Godmask
20 minutes ago, Godmask said:

I believe we should have a rule where players cannot wear glasses (shades) as a mask. The mask must cover your mouth and nose (or full face). From a real-life point of view it's not that hard to identify someone.

Its already a rule.

Using /mask to hide your player's name tag behind a mask ID may only be done when the character's face is properly obstructed. Certain items in the mask store are present for character customization and shouldn't be used to /mask unless there is another object (eg. a motorcycle helmet) present to obstruct the character's face.

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2024 at 11:23 AM, zoommm said:

I think this should be dealt in-character as it'd be better that way and not OOC.

Easier said than done, because the amount of complaining that would come OOCly behind it being handled IC would definitely rise. 

But on topic, it's still annoying but I can't say I've come across it that often recently. 

Edited by Akio
  • Upvote 1