Overtly bigoted characters

munnezza

1 hour ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Yes, but anyone working a job above fast food is going to get kicked out if they're filmed being racist, because companies don't want to get boycotted just for one idiot.

The Internet and the Left is very fast to cancel/doxx people if they're being shitheads.

Lol. In todays climate, being a racist bigoty asshole gets you several tv spots and a lot of money.

Just rp what you want, just cause you can't make an antifa faction doesn't mean you can't make an antifa group anyway I've seen plenty of them before.

And from my experience with "white racist RP" as some people like to call it, it really isn't as bad as people make it out to be, at most it's just old heads using said ideology as a way to get youngsters to do what they want but the absolute majority doesn't go around shouting racist profanities every second of the day at any opportunity, calling people the N word is actually rather frowned upon in that setting.

I've also experienced plenty of times where PEN1 members, my character included get refused service due to white supremacist tattoos and I'm perfectly fine with that IC and OOC and would never escalate it into a murder over someone disliking my character and I'm positive that anyone in these type of factions with a basic understanding of roleplay wouldn't do so either.

And the funny bit is, a lot of players in these factions are actually pretty liberal when it comes to their IRL personality, and are incredibly chill people to hang around with, of course there will be the rotten apple in the bunch but that's literally everywhere in any faction from either side whether legal, illegal, or LEO, theres rotten apples in every section.

In the PEN1 faction there's a zero tolerance policy for OOC racism and people have been banned and blacklisted for it in the past.

I honestly suggest for people to try it out just to get an idea of how it actually works in those factions instead of projections of how you feel about those kind of people IRL, which we all feel the same about they are despicable people and you will hear no one who plays in those factions say otherwise.

We're just gamers that have a curiosity towards the concept and are ROLEPLAYING the bad guys in this instance as it an interesting and arguably realistic setting for what is basically LA, you're more than welcome to shun our characters socially IC, but leave it IC and don't bring OOC into it.

All I can really say is, enjoy your game how you want to enjoy it, don't stress over it cause it's not healthy and think about your heart and blood pressure.

If people have questions on how these factions work I'm more than happy to answer questions if anyone has any.

• Upvote 6

People start treating Los Santos (which is quite a liberal town) as a conservative place such as Oklahoma or eastern europe

which is kind of cringe.

It's just people putting their in real life views in their character and answer to it with shit excuses like "free speech".

Free speech is fully okay, roleplaying an ultra conservative character is fully okay but limiting others

with 24/7 trolling just because they dislike people roleplaying gay, or whatever the f*ck is highly toxic and is kinda

shunned upon in my eyes.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Bandit. said:

Some of the people commenting here are commenting like they have no real life experience or ever get off the game and go outside. This idea that the IRS comes in and kicks doors and takes names is asinine, you know the only thing stopping me from getting 50K back on my taxes this year? I'm not willing to fight the federal govt in legal battles. I've changed my mind about the IRS even being a thought to be a faction in this game, because people think they're gonna come kick your door in and take you to jail for having money hidden in the walls. 

People are racist in all walks of life everyday, this is nothing new. Gang members exist in real life, maybe not in the parts of the world you're in but here they do. In AMERICA you can't just go to jail for having imagery on your body. Also like Midwest pointed out, a lot of the skinheads in game and real life are militarized by these forms of racism, often times it's used to get these youngsters to do whatever the old heads want them to do. It's quite literally indoctrination. I beg of you to do simple google searches.

Or go outside.

I agree with this, as for IRS, people tend to visualize the raid phase of an investigation as something done by IRS, while it is rather wrong. I am not from US, but in here it doesn't work like that. IRS has no rights to arrest people imo, they issue an investigation request and send it to proper authorities which seize suspect's property and if they are not willing to pay taxes, said property is confiscated. I do imagine it works like that in US as well, though I could be wrong. So regular IRS investigator won't go knocking out doors and arrest people. Also regarding skinheads, it does work like that also in other parts of the world. 

Edited by Engelbert
4 hours ago, Bandit. said:

Some of the people commenting here are commenting like they have no real life experience or ever get off the game and go outside. This idea that the IRS comes in and kicks doors and takes names is asinine, you know the only thing stopping me from getting 50K back on my taxes this year? I'm not willing to fight the federal govt in legal battles. I've changed my mind about the IRS even being a thought to be a faction in this game, because people think they're gonna come kick your door in and take you to jail for having money hidden in the walls. 

People are racist in all walks of life everyday, this is nothing new. Gang members exist in real life, maybe not in the parts of the world you're in but here they do. In AMERICA you can't just go to jail for having imagery on your body. Also like Midwest pointed out, a lot of the skinheads in game and real life are militarized by these forms of racism, often times it's used to get these youngsters to do whatever the old heads want them to do. It's quite literally indoctrination. I beg of you to do simple google searches.

Or go outside.

i can appreciate that some of these folk have different anecdotal experiences but they r way off the mark

nazi and offensive imagery is not banned in the us. the only kind of speech banned is violent/threatening speech that calls someone to arms. i.e. "lets go beat and kill that guy" 

most people that are skins and woods will walk into a coffee shop and get their order without calling someone the n-word

its not just white supremacy thats an issue, a lot of races and ethnicities are at fault for spreading rueful speech, including but not limited to members of the population that are black, asian, hispanic etc

no the irs will not come after you for shacking up with a gang in jail or on the street, that isnt their job. no, you arent always fired from jobs over putting out a dodgy youtube video. and no, 99% of people dont care about cancelling you if you have no money, prestige, or notoriety.

if you want to make a change, be the change. treat them sour and tell them to leave your shop. they cant kill you for it.

lastly, stop perpetuating this awful and frankly false highly subjective muckraking statement that whiteboi roleplayers are just "perpetuating sick fantasies." a lot of them are solid people under the hood and dont support that content in any way.

thanks for my ted talk

Edited by radreaper100
  • Upvote 3
11 hours ago, munnezza said:

Some of these behaviors are more likely self-projections of their sick fantasies. I am not pointing fingers at anybody but the edgiest of white supremacist gang members or civvies who use this great roleplay spectrum to lash out their IRL frustrations.

Many of the characters in white supremacists factions have done prison time where it is a highly segregated environment, so it makes sense for many of their characters to have prejudices. In my opinion accusing people who roleplay racism of projection is very low and is a very poor opinion.

• Upvote 3