Bring back LSFD to /onduty

tomatoz

Detailed Description

Bring back the amount of people on LSFD to /onduty.

Relevant Commands/Items

/onduty

How will it benefit the server?

It helps players know whether or not they can do medical roleplay and know if they will actually be waiting on an ambulance/fire truck or not. It is also good for admins when answering fire requests. Plus, it's just a good thing to have. I don't understand why it was removed as we still have DMEC and PHMC.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Mitch said:

The on duty metric for LSFD can be misleading as it counted Civilian Staff, staff that are unavailable or doing training academies, if there's a way to 'fix' that sure. 

It just shows on duty members of the faction, that’s it and imo whether it’s changed or not I believe it should still be added

Edited by tomatoz

I'm all for this command being available to staff members if it helps them; it was removed due to the overwhelming amount of toxicity and harassment faction members were exposed to via pms as a result of not being able to keep up with an overwhelming number of calls. A former Command member and administrator shared her thoughts on how it came to be a thing:  

Edited by Rod

It was removed because it created false expectations that led to a stinky stigma that FD doesn't take calls despite being on duty. Unfortunately, it led to more harm than good. It starts from people harassing online staff (I, for instance, received half a dozen PMs for not taking someone's call despite having members on duty). A rough example:

"Excuse me? Why isn't FD sending anyone to my call despite having 20 people online?" to reports on us for slacking.