The Paleto Conundrum (and more.)

Kari

IRL, SCV and CPT (Ingame, LSSD's Paleto Station & Davis Station) are 60~ minutes apart. I think this to be the reasonable way to RP it. But there's no secret that people sometimes go for the actual distance, a 5-7 minute drive.

Now, I understand that this presents an issue when racing, or in pursuits, or other travel-related activities - but, I think with this comes the suspension of disbelief we use for Los Santos being full of people, not just 800 max. The travel time was icly an hour, but you don't have to pretend to be bored or whatever like an hour passed.

I think that we should just pick one, frankly. (and if a precedent has been set, provide it more eagerly, because I simple couldn't find it.)

Onto the NEXT issue.

The City Of Davis was recently veto'd.

The 'Davis City Hall' and 'City of Davis' are both present on the Hall of Justice building ingame. I understand that jurisdictions with what they are - having an unincoperated city doesn't make sense.

But the same way we have the City of Paleto without a real town hall, I don't see why we can't have the City of Davis as it's own little entity, and any changes made to the City of Los Santos as a whole simply impact it as if the City Hall (of Davis) voted / implemented the same way. As of now, several continuity holes exist with the veto'ing of City of Davis. 

- The City of Davis / Davis City Hall text on the HOJ.
- The City of Davis contract liveries for LSSD
- The Courts Building (of the) City of Davis 

All in all, more plot holes were introduced as opposed to excommunicated by the veto'ing of allowing people to roleplay the 'City of Davis'. Weird thing to veto from a continuity standpoint when players did, and still enjoy roleplaying around it.

This post may serve as a discussion, but what I'm looking most for is clarification from Continuity for the above issues. (City of Davis continuity holes; the distance between Paleto and the City.) Because it's plenty awkward to talk about how you got from Paleto to Davis in 7 minutes, whilst someone else is RPing you as having taken an hour. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

Paleto has never been RPed as a city & frankly I've never heard the term "City of Paleto". It's always been the Township of Paleto Bay, same as the Township of Sandy Shores, etc etc. So I don't see the comparison you're trying to make. 

Township is still an 'unincorporated area'. My point is that we already have other areas not directly governed by LSGOV/City Regulations, whereas Davis was just rp'd as the 'City of Davis' to keep up with existing map & vehicle livery lore (that had to be approved), and doesn't nor did it try to go against anything said by LSGOV/SAGOV. it was purely cosmetic and for flavour, it only added to experiences; it didn't diminish from them. 

If the compromise was made that the City of Davis was simply the name for the region, I still think people would be fine. Having it entirely veto'd as if it doesn't exist despite the existance of City of Davis seals on vehicles, City of Davis named buildings, and roleplay centered around it that enhances realism is just... odd. 

Nobody was really harmed by it nor were people trying to secede from the City of Los Santos. If the issue is referencing non-existant city councils.. I'm sure that compromise can be made with ES. But it's frankly contradictory to have given out liveries with the Seal of the City of Davis only to sit and say 'well we dont want u to rp the city of davis, despite references to it existing, and us approving you to have liveries with the city of davis referenced on them as your assigned patrol jurisdiction.' 

Edited by Kari

the server lore is absolutely dog. i simply refuse to take it seriously at this point tbh. every other week we see another ruling made with little to no merit to back it up, it's straight up annoying & pointless. i already delved into this topic over a year ago and still haven't heard regarding it to this day (lol). inb4 someone hits me with the "wah wah constructive criticism where???!11111!!!" see below for reference. 

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
3 hours ago, K0range4 said:

I think we might be getting a little too far into the weeds here about the map and things like that... There has to be some level of "suspension of disbelief," especially when dealing with a game map like this.

The level that is decreed is what I seek clarification of. 

Do we suspend our disbelief and say the drive is an hour, or 7 minutes? It seems to vary per-personal interpretation, which is bad for continuation. Hence, a continuity issue.