Forum Moderation Sub Team

Wuhtah

Hi guys - 

As you may or may not know, forum moderation is a sub team that focuses mainly on the forums. I want to help improve this subteam alongside Kilerbite, so I was hoping for some constructive criticism, feedback, and suggestions. 

I understand the main concern right now is forum reports - I do have a few fresh ideas that I'll pitch to the staff team and see how it goes. It won't be a thing for a week or two though, so please don't expect changes overnight. I still gotta work through them.

Refund requests I have also seen that they take a bit longer - I think we should aim to get these done within 24-48 hours at a maximum. So, I will try to get opinions on why staff members tend not to handle refunds either. 

Anything you want to bring to the table - tweaking some 'formats' in different areas (copy/pasting something and filling it out) or anything that doesn't require Everett to mess with the forums I am all ears for. 

Thanks ahead of time!

Edited by Wuhtah
  • Upvote 8
  • Thanks 4
24 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

I wish you a lot of luck, it's a daunting challenge.

It has been said by me in the thread before, but it's not just reports that are backed up. So are RPQMs, staff reports, and even RPQM second opinions.

I think this is because most admins are part of sub teams, so the forums are ignored. Perhaps giving support staff a bit more to handle on the forums (at least senior) might help? Or just having admins who only have access on the forums - not in game - to get maybe a 'foot in the door' so to speak to continue on towards the staff team? I'm not entirely sure.

9 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

I think this is because most admins are part of sub teams, so the forums are ignored. Perhaps giving support staff a bit more to handle on the forums (at least senior) might help? Or just having admins who only have access on the forums - not in game - to get maybe a 'foot in the door' so to speak to continue on towards the staff team? I'm not entirely sure.

Neither do I know for sure, I just know that efficiency is the name of the game. It needs to be both fair and efficient.

Edit: Also, did you readmin just to lead this team?

Edited by Jeroen

Generally, I think having a sub-team to focus on the repeated and often.. spicy forum threads is a good look. 

Also- with all the bots and stuff that occasionally pop up, it might result in a lesser chance of someone clicking a sketchy link.

Only thing I could suggest is a potential split-off section for 'community discussion' versus 'general discussion'- maybe go as far as naming it 'community debates(?)'- though, that'd require Everett intervention, I figure. 

Most of all? I'm glad you're back, Mary! 

`ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

What has the subteam been doing? That isn't a passive aggressive swipe, it's a genuine question. It's hard to say how we think they can improve when it's hard to see what they have been doing so far. 

Without any context or knowledge of if they have been active behind the scenes the only thing I can think of is to do the job the team was set up for in the first place. 

They are lucky to have you @Wuhtah, while I think it's great for the community to see you reinstated, I hope you don't end up worked like a pack mule again. You've been putting in work even with the retired tag lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Forum moderator sub team admins should be only allowed to pick one sub team to be part of.

There's admins involved in RPQM and forum moderation together. If forum moderation is that dead and inactive, I wonder what is happening to RPQM reports since they're all hidden.

Keep them into one sub team. That's the first thing that should change.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, sico said:

There's admins involved in RPQM and forum moderation together. If forum moderation is that dead and inactive, I wonder what is happening to RPQM reports since they're all hidden.

I've had a RPQM report in place since August 7th. I inquired about it on the 3rd of September and was told ''Please be patient, these cases can take a very long while due their nature and the player's responsiveness.''

Edited by Pickle
16 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

Aaaaaaaaaaa, welcome back Wuhtah! 😄

I believe Supports should be permitted to join this subteam with the authority of moving archiving lackluster forum reports (ie. no evidences, no format) or not meeting guidelines standards (exceeding permitted word count). In my opinion, oldest reports should take priority over newest reports.

We already can!

• Wuhtah locked this topic