A discussion regarding population

Anders

1 hour ago, soudiere said:

Bro it's a roleplay server, just because every single aspect of life is not portrayed mechanically doesn't mean you start to automatically assume that it just straight up doesn't happen.

That's a completely different matter. Of course characters need food, sleep and bathroom time. They're humans.

But from that to imagining that our city of 559 players on as of 17 SEP 23:18 has 4 million people in it is a huge jump that I simply do not agree with.

30 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

That's a completely different matter. Of course characters need food, sleep and bathroom time. They're humans.

But from that to imagining that our city of 559 players on as of 17 SEP 23:18 has 4 million people in it is a huge jump that I simply do not agree with.

So you choose to somehow agree that a city can somehow function with 559 people instead? 

2 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Exactly, it makes no sense to rp a population of 4 million people that do not actually exist in our eyes. Can you interact with these invisible people? You can't, can you imagine a player doing /me approaches the blonde chick waiting for her uber in a crowded area.  Tom says: Hey, thought you were cute and wanted to introduce myself to you. /do Blonde chick says: Thanks.  How can anyone not see that this is powergaming?  Or roleplaying your abuela yelling at you in front of your homies. But she's not actually visible to any of us. Didn't know Abuela Caspar could yell lol.

9 minutes ago, DannyMoney said:

Exactly, it makes no sense to rp a population of 4 million people that do not actually exist in our eyes. Can you interact with these invisible people? You can't, can you imagine a player doing /me approaches the blonde chick waiting for her uber in a crowded area.  Tom says: Hey, thought you were cute and wanted to introduce myself to you. /do Blonde chick says: Thanks.  How can anyone not see that this is powergaming?  Or roleplaying your abuela yelling at you in front of your homies. But she's not actually visible to any of us. Didn't know Abuela Caspar could yell lol.

Wait, if that's the case, where are the parents for all these minors? We can't NPC them, because that'd be on the same level of powergaming.

1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

Wait, if that's the case, where are the parents for all these minors? We can't NPC them, because that'd be on the same level of powergaming.

It's called selective convenience. Can't say the streets are crowded with invisible people but we can RP invisible parents that aren't supposed to be there populating the streets. 😁

Edited by Chill
59 minutes ago, DannyMoney said:

That's the point, we need to stop NPCing characters we cannot see or interact with.

24/7? Job spot? Clothing store? And parents like some people mentioned above. Basically every script thing that have no player interaction. You will break the server if NPC is not allowed. "My character cut their own hair at the...." It won't work.

Edit:

I'd like to mention that I do NPC RP from time to time for something like asking a place that my character wouldn't know, chatting with the hairdresser, buying supplies that no player or script can provide, or simply act like a normal person in the middle of society.

Now tell me, if I did any PG, why is no one reporting me yet? Because it was not for any competitive scene or I did it with no P2W mentality. I did it to facilitate RP that otherwise is impossible because this is a game.

If you ban all those interaction, there's literally no reason for my character to exist in this barren land.

Edited by varthshenon
  • Upvote 2