Liberty City server : continuity & explanations

Nervous

3 hours ago, Late said:

Can we RP that there is an IC entry ban on San Andreas residents from entering Liberty City, since our murder rate is completely out of control and we're all savages so the state/city of Liberty City banned San Andreas residents from entering. That would be a funny IC way around characters not being able to visit! 

Funny though that may be, it'd also be unrealistic because it would be so blatantly unconstitutional.   Saenz v. Roe, 526 U.S. 489 (1999) reaffirmed the "constitutional right to travel from one State to another" (quoting United States v. Guest, 383 U.S. 745, 757 (1996)).  This is not even the first case to recognize this — quite so, Justice Stevens in the Saenz case cited many earlier cases.

In Saenz

The word "travel" is not found in the text of the Constitution. Yet the "constitutional right to travel from one State to another" is firmly embedded in our jurisprudence. United States v. Guest, 383 U. S. 745, 757 (1966). Indeed, as Justice Stewart reminded us in Shapiro v. Thompson, 394 U. S. 618 (1969), the right is so important that it is "assertable against private interference as well as governmental action ... a virtually unconditional personal right, guaranteed by the Constitution to us all." Id., at 643 (concurring opinion).  

The government will have to find some other way!

Edited by Midsummer Night's Dream
  • Upvote 1

On 9/1/2022 at 2:50 PM, Nervous said:

The rules are definitely not necessarely going to the same, it'll be defined by the admin team there which will be more illegal oriented as we have a big amount of new IFM related administrators that'll join it.

2 hours ago, Late said:

Can we RP that there is an IC entry ban on San Andreas residents from entering Liberty City, since our murder rate is completely out of control and we're all savages so the state/city of Liberty City banned San Andreas residents from entering. That would be a funny IC way around characters not being able to visit! 

I think it's going to be the other way around if the other server is going to be more "illegal oriented". Run yo pockets simulator, I'm very much looking forward to it, it's gonna be fun because this time you can actually enter the server fully prepared for this instead of jumping on with the wrong expectations. It's pretty much going to be Gotham City I think, we'll see!

Edited by Martyn
  • Upvote 1

Havin two cities at the same, it will be the most dope thing, even Rockstar didn't do it yet. 
Merging will be a crazy idea and it will bring more activity and more roleplay for legal and illegal factions. And new factions also and legal jobs.

Edited by JoeTor08
3 hours ago, Murat said:

i hope this can be reviewed in the future, there could be some good ass rp coming out of this 

I feel this is more of a game limitation, rather than a rule. Not sure it can be reviewed. That's why LS mail is a thing because its accessible by both parties outside the server. I don't think texting between servers will ever be a thing. Then again I'm not a coder. What do I know 😁

Edited by Zerosum

I saw on the Server Information page (GTAW LC - Server information - Announcements - GTAW Roleplay - Liberty City) that it says our characters will be wiped when we go into the LC server. I'm not sure if I'm understanding it properly. Does this mean if we want to RP in Liberty City using our current UCP, our San Andreas characters will disappear completely (including from the San Andreas server) and we'll be starting with a blank UCP account? Or will our old characters, admin records, items etc. remain in the San Andreas server and we basically have a new UCP account under the same name for the new server?

1 minute ago, AnyaKuz said:

I saw on the Server Information page (GTAW LC - Server information - Announcements - GTAW Roleplay - Liberty City) that it says our characters will be wiped when we go into the LC server. I'm not sure if I'm understanding it properly. Does this mean if we want to RP in Liberty City using our current UCP, our San Andreas characters will disappear completely (including from the San Andreas server) and we'll be starting with a blank UCP account? Or will our old characters, admin records, items etc. remain in the San Andreas server and we basically have a new UCP account under the same name for the new server?

From my understanding - characters won't be allowed to be used in both servers.

There are two separate UCPs. The GTA:LC can be found here 🙂 

https://ucp-lc.gta.world/

Edited by Peak.
  • Thanks 1