Make the post-arrest plea/bail system automatic

Westen

Detailed Description

Hello.

When somebody is arrested, cops now have to a) get their plea, b) tab out and determine if they're eligible for bail if they plead NG, c) if they are, fine them, d) then release them.

With each of these steps comes an explanation from the cop to the player. Something that you need to tell them every single time to make sure they don't plead the wrong thing or get something wrong. That's a lot of unnecessary typing.

My suggestion is that when someone is /arrestcounty'd, a CEF screen pops up that says: Select your plea with an explanation of the different types of pleas. This then does a discord bot whoodingy to the JSA discord to tell them hey someone's been arrested NG here's their forum name and they've bailed/not bailed.

Relevant Commands/Items

CEF page for plea, CEF page for bail yes/no (where applicable)

Discord bot integration w/ JSA discord server (already exists for G6?)

Wireframes:

uq5uBdU.png

IKQIqxX.png

How will it benefit the server?

Cops won't have to type out the same lines every time they arrest and the post-arrest process is streamlined to reduce paperwork.

• Upvote 11
  • Applaud 1
5 hours ago, Westen said:

Detailed Description

Hello.

When somebody is arrested, cops now have to a) get their plea, b) tab out and determine if they're eligible for bail if they plead NG, c) if they are, fine them, d) then release them.

With each of these steps comes an explanation from the cop to the player. Something that you need to tell them every single time to make sure they don't plead the wrong thing or get something wrong. That's a lot of unnecessary typing.

My suggestion is that when someone is /arrestcounty'd, a CEF screen pops up that says: Select your plea with an explanation of the different types of pleas. This then does a discord bot whoodingy to the JSA discord to tell them hey someone's been arrested NG here's their forum name and they've bailed/not bailed.

Relevant Commands/Items

CEF page for plea, CEF page for bail yes/no (where applicable)

Discord bot integration w/ JSA discord server (already exists for G6?)

Wireframes:

uq5uBdU.png

IKQIqxX.png

How will it benefit the server?

Cops won't have to type out the same lines every time they arrest and the post-arrest process is streamlined to reduce paperwork.

everything is fine except for the 5 day threshold. this restriction has been lifted ages ago and it was conveyed to all LEO factions 

• Upvote 1

Yes please, I dislike having to explain the plea system everytime and if they plead NG/NC, having to ask for their forum name which is something I've forgotten to do in the past plenty of times, when this can be easily automated by the server.

As a former developer, this should be very possible to implement too without too much effort and will benefit everyone during the arrest process.

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

everything is fine except for the 5 day threshold. this restriction has been lifted ages ago and it was conveyed to all LEO factions 

I wasn’t sure if that’s still a thing I haven’t arrested anyone in over a year