Paleto Bay Trailer Park / More low income housing opportunities.

• 1 month later...

-1 Don't like the idea, no from me. There's plenty of space for new trailer parks to be put in Grapeseed and the Sandy Shores. I don't want Paleto to turn into a hill billy site and that's of course my personal preference. The outlook of Paleto is meant to be sub-urban, mainly a residential area with some shops, a factory(Clucking Bell) and a good resting stop for truckers. The dense vegetation that grows in the area is a vast contrast to the dry and arid Sandy Shores. Paleto is meant to be a some-what prosperous town, not a ditch. I can however agree to a two-story apartment complex with some stores on the first level by the construction site, nothing more, nothing less. If not an apartment complex, then a local park. 

Edited by SarcasmJoy

Admittedly, apartments would be preferable, but the paleto part of this mod seems about as well done as utopia gardens (minus the dabbing statues) and would add *6* more houses. 

..Apartments would be cooler for people WITHOUT millions to spend, but, until someone makes a version of this with an apartment complex - or if the GTAW modding team adapts it as such - this seems to be our best option. 

(not suggesting the sandy motel bit.)

Edited by Kari
17 hours ago, SarcasmJoy said:

-1 Don't like the idea, no from me. There's plenty of space for new trailer parks to be put in Grapeseed and the Sandy Shores. I don't want Paleto to turn into a hill billy site and that's of course my personal preference. The outlook of Paleto is meant to be sub-urban, mainly a residential area with some shops, a factory(Clucking Bell) and a good resting stop for truckers. The dense vegetation that grows in the area is a vast contrast to the dry and arid Sandy Shores. Paleto is meant to be a some-what prosperous town, not a ditch. I can however agree to a two-story apartment complex with some stores on the first level by the construction site, nothing more, nothing less. If not an apartment complex, then a local park. 

This mentality is why we struggle to maintain a diverse population, and more recently even a population at all. When there's only so many residential properties in the town then there is little to no opportunity for new people to come in and help contribute to the community.

It's not like we're asking to have the beach converted into a landscape of run down trailers, we simply need more diverse & affordable housing options. The argument that you don't need a residential property in the area to RP falls flat on its face if you hold it up to the rest of the server - people like to live in the area where they roleplay, it can help generate further RP giving them a small private slice of the landscape.

• Upvote 4
  • Selena locked this topic