Ban people that put white wall tires on their SPORT CARS AND TRUCKS!

Straw

3 minutes ago, Straw said:

Don't blow it out of proportion buddy, I swear some of y'all love to overexaggerate lmao. It's not that " doug has white wheels" if you get to spectate Doug you'll see he does nothing but afk at a 24/7 for 2 hours to collect a paycheck, then move on to his mechanic job, then his bartend shift, then his security shift then go to his Eclipse Tower penthouse, it's a stereotype but it's a real one, that seems to be affecting this server from what I noticed. 

I didn't know we're friends now! Awesome.

You started a thread titled: "Ban people that put white wall tires on their SPORT CARS AND TRUCKS!" I think that's the topic at hand, not all the things you just listed off. You then went on to give a history lesson about white wheels. You're asking for administrative action for something fairly petty. I'm just saying, I think it's a poor use of administrative resources just because some people have taste in vehicles that you (and me, and probably most) don't like.

44 minutes ago, MarcoEL said:

Please, get back on your senses.

You can't tell people how to customize their vehicles, and of course you can't ask admins to "ban" them because of white tires.

And you can't be arsed to read the entire post LMAO 

1 hour ago, oliviarav3n said:

I didn't know we're friends now! Awesome.

You started a thread titled: "Ban people that put white wall tires on their SPORT CARS AND TRUCKS!" I think that's the topic at hand, not all the things you just listed off. You then went on to give a history lesson about white wheels. You're asking for administrative action for something fairly petty. I'm just saying, I think it's a poor use of administrative resources just because some people have taste in vehicles that you (and me, and probably most) don't like.

I didn't ask for bans, ajails or account suspension now did I? I asked for something to be done about it and to raise awareness. Pro tip, its American slang, ppl been calling eachother " buddy" "son" "Dude" "bro" "amigo" without actually being related/friends. 

19 minutes ago, Straw said:

I didn't ask for bans, ajails or account suspension now did I?

That's totally fair, sure. Your title insinuates that's what you're calling for, but I understand you were joking.

On 7/8/2022 at 8:34 PM, Straw said:

please do something about this admins it's just utterly unrealistic, of course I don't want them banned but a restriction/notification something has to be put up

You're calling for "restrictions" here, or at the very least a "notification" (which I'm assume you would want enforced). It's very easy to call for restrictions, but there is work that is involved with it. Restrictions need to be enforced or else there's really no point in having them, right?

I'm a huge fan of providing suggestions when I have a concern, so let me pose a few questions for you that might be helpful to any staff interested in enforcing this:

1. What restrictions/notification would you put up?
  2. What colors/wheels would be acceptable to you?
  3. What happens if people ignore the restrictions?

I hate to keep reiterating my point, but my personal opinion is that I don't think admins gatekeeping car paint and wheel colors is a best use of their limited time. Look at all the open player reports for things that actually do matter. Let's respect their time. Furthermore, these things can actually spark RP (and have). Have your character make fun of the car! I just wish there was a shift of attitude from "I don't like this, so it must be restricted" to "I'm going to find a silver lining and see how I can work with this." Freedom of RP is a good thing 😄

19 minutes ago, Straw said:

Pro tip, its American slang, ppl been calling eachother " buddy" "son" "Dude" "bro" "amigo" without actually being related/friends. 

I was just being silly 😁 I apologize for any confusion.

14 minutes ago, oliviarav3n said:

That's totally fair, sure. Your title insinuates that's what you're calling for, but I understand you were joking.

You're calling for "restrictions" here, or at the very least a "notification" (which I'm assume you would want enforced). It's very easy to call for restrictions, but there is work that is involved with it. Restrictions need to be enforced or else there's really no point in having them, right?

I'm a huge fan of providing suggestions when I have a concern, so let me pose a few questions for you that might be helpful to any staff interested in enforcing this:

1. What restrictions/notification would you put up?
  2. What colors/wheels would be acceptable to you?
  3. What happens if people ignore the restrictions?

I hate to keep reiterating my point, but my personal opinion is that I don't think admins gatekeeping car paint and wheel colors is a best use of their limited time. Look at all the open player reports for things that actually do matter. Let's respect their time. Furthermore, these things can actually spark RP (and have). Have your character make fun of the car! I just wish there was a shift of attitude from "I don't like this, so it must be restricted" to "I'm going to find a silver lining and see how I can work with this." Freedom of RP is a good thing 😄

I was just being silly 😁 I apologize for any confusion.

It's ok confusion cleared XD.

But to answer your questions, like I said before I'm fairly new so I didn't know the gravity of how busy admins are, but now that I do I understand better what you and the others meant, I don't think 24/7 survilliance would be good and never wanted it in the first place. Idk what to do then overall, my best solution would be to put a red text when you enter the mechanic mod menu to notify you to keep it semi-realistic, again my issue is not that I wish to restrict Freedom of RP but to keep it at least somehow close to reality and far away from the GTA Online esque. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Straw said:

It's ok confusion cleared XD.

But to answer your questions, like I said before I'm fairly new so I didn't know the gravity of how busy admins are, but now that I do I understand better what you and the others meant, I don't think 24/7 survilliance would be good and never wanted it in the first place. Idk what to do then overall, my best solution would be to put a red text when you enter the mechanic mod menu to notify you to keep it semi-realistic, again my issue is not that I wish to restrict Freedom of RP but to keep it at least somehow close to reality and far away from the GTA Online esque. 

It is realistic for people to be able to put whatever they want on their car. White walls are not rare. I can go to any number of online retailers to buy white wall tires. Is it going to look funny to put them on my car? Absolutely. Is there anything unrealistic about doing it? No. A quick read through this thread already showed people do it, even though it looks terrible. It's still their choice. This is just unnecessary to regulate.

Edited by Brofessor
  • Wuhtah locked this topic