Ban people that put white wall tires on their SPORT CARS AND TRUCKS!

Straw

Hi, I am new here, I barely hit my 40 hour mark here guys but the more I go to clubs and other public events the more I see car parking lots start to look like GTA online servers, not even kidding, what is this? 

gta-world-2022-6-30-19-43-52.png

gta-world-2022-7-2-1-30-1.png

gta-world-2022-7-9-3-16-51.png

As a car guy this is jut a big 🖕to everybody not even kidding, this should fall under fail RP or something because its superbly unrealistic, let me give you a backstory to white wall tires. Tires on cars were originally white because thats rubbers natural color, then they added blackness to it for grip. They kept the front sides white for fashion, it was one of those American trends that Europeans didn't like in the 30s. Moving on they just sort of died in the mid 80s with few cars made by GM and Ford in the 90s and then died off totally by 2011 as the Lincoln Town Car was the last car to offer white wall tires and those were skinny too, these guys have full on white wall tires like its a Cadillac V16 from 1932, these are the sort of cars that would fit white wall tires.

1957-Chevy-Bel-Air-Red.jpg

1975_chrysler_a_full-out_video_is_in_the

92121191991118.jpg

In all my life I haven't seen on single modern car besides the PT Crusier that either looks good with white tires or was modded with them, please do something about this admins it's just utterly unrealistic, of course I don't want them banned but a restriction/notification something has to be put up, what do you guys think? thanks for reading.

Edited by Straw
  • Upvote 11
  • Applaud 3

I can't say I agree, but I love the passion you have, and now I feel more educated on white wall tiers, which was a subject that never crossed my mind before. So thank you for that! 

Welcome to the server btw. If this is the most egregious thing you've seen so far regarding rp, then I think you will enjoy it here. 

👍

Edited by Natala
  • Upvote 2

I respect the balls, but 80% of the server prob agree with you. But there really isn't much that can be done. They want to drive around in their GTA:O mobiles rather then RP something then makes sense, there ain't much you can do but RPQM them. #WhiteWallsAreAss

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

I respect the balls, but 80% of the server prob agree with you. But there really isn't much that can be done. They want to drive around in their GTA:O mobiles rather then RP something then makes sense, there ain't much you can do but RPQM them. #WhiteWallsAreAss

Thank you! But as far as I saw and heard isn't the point of the vehicle applications to restrict people from driving around in crazy cars to keep it realistic? if that drastic meassure was taken why can't something be done about this too? it just defeats the whole purpose if everybody is in town looking like a rich neo-aristocrat of the 30s. If you look at Beverly Hills vlogs, you can see ugly cars with no taste but those are plastic and stickers, there has to be a limit. When you select the white wall at the mechanic shop why not get a warning in chat saying smth like " Make sure the car fits the tires, NO MODERN SPORTS CARS ALLOWED" or smth like that. 

Edited by Straw
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Straw said:

But as far as I saw and heard isn't the point of the vehicle applications to restrict people from driving around in crazy cars to keep it realistic?

Refering to the other currently ongoing thread, a lot of things designed to "keep things realistic" have partial loopholes in them (not always for worse even).

In the concrete example with cars, it's indeed the case certain cars have to be applied for, but modding your car is possible for any vehicle one owns.

Which indeed means that these restrictions only prevent the respective cars from being used, not white walls being put on every car (Benny's original yolo).

2 minutes ago, Wolfhound said:

Not much can be done about it, except probably bully the owners of these cars. ICly of course, you don't wanna get canceled now.

Ultimately this.

The alternative? Force staff to approve every single car mod, or restrict 90% of rims which will come down to the same.

Could a more pro-active approach be taken? Certainly, not solely with cars. But that's a topic in itself (literally, in General Discussion).

Edited by knppel

I'd sooner just completely remove nonsensical novelty paintjobs (some of them have no business on the server tbh) from the script and ban anyone who wears cat ears (I'll give @Wuhtah a free pass) than ban something as silly as this. If it really bothers you that much and you think it doesn't make sense for the character? RPQM them, otherwise it's literally pointless to waste resources checking to make sure if rims suit the car. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic