Lower punching damage for (M) characters

Fireworks

If most of the (M) characters were playing actual minors this thread would not show up and get this amount of support.

At this point, good will has been abused and rules must be enforced unfortunately. At least, that is my opinion.

If you are playing a minor, you should only be able to do 3/4th of the damage you would normally do. By that, I mean ANY damage. People should reflect their characters in their every aspect.

Supporting.

On 7/5/2022 at 5:02 AM, AlphaBatal said:

didnt a 14 year old hispanic female beat a fully grown experienced cop in swat/metro inside of a holding cell

cough cough medeiros

yeah +1, you know the take of "what if the peak physical fitness of a 16 year old gearhead teenager versus an obese 30 year old thats never lifted a dumbell puts em on equal footing" is dog booty

nuke the damage so kids are actually afraid of scrapping with people twice their age without advantage in numbers or weapons. does your character train? did they get ripped in prison? age up.

It really isn't...

16 hours ago, JackH. said:

I very much agree brother! Because every (M) in this server regularly trains for MMA and hits the gym for 3 hours every day(ghetto kids, mind you)! At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Makes sense to me, please do not buff (M) characters. Instead, lower the punching dmg for 30 year olds who don't hit the gym.

The average gang-banging teen fights one another on a daily basis and are always on their guard, filled with adrenaline... war is always on their mind as they are prepared for combat on any occasion, especially during war-time. It is completely different from your average 30 year-old that sits at a bar all day and gets drunk.

Key-word is average... in this world, though, everyone is a body-builder.

Edited by DLimit
On 7/4/2022 at 11:35 PM, LA said:

This makes no sense, as every teenager have different excersise activities and different body structures to make them stronger then a certain person, this is clearly y'all tryna powergame and force people to be 18 on this server haven't y'all done enough to the younger based role-players already? Stop doing that. If anything just lower ages 13-15 maybe but 16+ no. 

Only time I agree with shiesty.

Edited by SlimeyBanned
6 hours ago, DLimit said:

The average gang-banging teen fights one another on a daily basis and are always on their guard, filled with adrenaline... war is always on their mind as they are prepared for combat on any occasion, especially during war-time. It is completely different from your average 30 year-old that sits at a bar all day and gets drunk.

I agree brother. I can now rest easy, knowing where the average 16 year old kid finds the courage to turn into a killing machine and ambush numerous cops with his best mates. War is always on their mind. Jesus Christ I almost shed a tear. Draft them for the war!

Look at that last sentence you wrote. Key word average. Those are average kids, not body builders. I don't care if they have combat or nuclear war on their mind, they don't have the physical or mental strength to do that stuff. They gotta chill out, getting DMed every night by (M)s is why I stopped patrolling Davis. It's not fun, it's a chore with those guys.

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, DLimit said:

Yes, but 90% of the times it's people around the same age so this argument isn't valid. 

This change would help accurately portraying puberty. Developing physically into an adult takes many years, so it is safe to assume most (M) characters wouldn't realistically have matured fully at least until the age of 18.

2 hours ago, JackH. said:

I agree brother. I can now rest easy, knowing where the average 16 year old kid finds the courage to turn into a killing machine and ambush numerous cops with his best mates. War is always on their mind. Jesus Christ I almost shed a tear. Draft them for the war!

Look at that last sentence you wrote. Key word average. Those are average kids, not body builders. I don't care if they have combat or nuclear war on their mind, they don't have the physical or mental strength to do that stuff. They gotta chill out, getting DMed every night by (M)s is why I stopped patrolling Davis. It's not fun, it's a chore with those guys.

We aren't talking about the average teen, but the average gang-banging teen that is always on his toes, ready for combat. 

"Ambush average cops for his best mates" - irrelevant to the topic, here. Interesting fact, though, is that most teens that are or were involved in gangs within the ghetto actually undergo PTSD from always having to be on guard in the hood, due to the high-level of violence in their upbringing. I do agree with you, though, as a lot of people do over-escalate crime on this server.

Funny and unfortunately enough, the military always targets these people for recruitment within schools and recreational centers.

1 hour ago, Shaderz said:

Yes, but 90% of the times it's people around the same age so this argument isn't valid. 

This change would help accurately portraying puberty. Developing physically into an adult takes many years, so it is safe to assume most (M) characters wouldn't realistically have matured fully at least until the age of 18.

I've seen tons of 16 year-olds knock out adults. Reason? Most adults aren't in combat-mode and don't work out 24/7. They're too occupied with their jobs to prioritize on such a lifestyle, but these gang-involved teens are out here engaging in brawls while ALWAYS keeping an eye out for any potential threat that is in their surroundings. They are always on their toes.

Just a heads up, muscle and height isn't always the determining factor towards winning a fight. Only reason why "weight" is used in professional fighting organizations is because professional fighters are competing against one another. But, when you compare gang-banging teens to your average working-class adult? The gang-banging teen has more experience in combat at that moment.

Things to take into consideration in a fight? Weight? Yes. Height? Yes. But, what about experience, skill, reaction speed, stamina, and adrenaline? Who'd have a faster reaction time? A teenager raised in a gang while always being on the look-out for the next person that wants to fight, shoot, or arrest them? Or the average male that sits in a bar, office, or couch all day? By the time that you're in your late-twenties, you already start to develop back problems and aren't at your peak unless you literally exercise every other day and eat healthy. SO many variables to take into consideration, here.

By teens, though, I'm referring to people that are 15-17, not 12-14... which is another reason as to why it shouldn't be limited to "(M)'s". Instead, just report people for poor portrayal and allow them to explain the development of their character to the admins.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1