The Sheriff's Department And You II

Wildcat

One thing I'd like to for sure see improved would be the behavior of Sheriff's Deputies. I was waiting for commissary for around two hours real life time, constantly used /jrequest as there was about five to six deputies just standing around. Finally a Deputy comes in so I /s to him asking when we're going, he out of nowhere turns into Mr Corrupt robo-cop and starts yelling at me to sit down and shut up, and when I reply with "what?", he tries to get sick with my character, and then tells the other deputies I can't receive commissary. This behavior is SUPER unrealistic as no Deputies are going to openly disrespect inmates like this. I'm not sure what type of portrayal this is, but as someone who lives in California and has been locked up, I can promise you this will never happen as most deputies know respect is earned, and if not they'll get shanked up. I can see how it may be an IC issue, although when the little FEW inmates that are actually roleplaying in the jail want to do something and there's a bunch of deputies just standing around trying to get their jail hours in (assuming jail hours are still a thing), it ultimately kills players wanting to roleplay in TTCF. 

I've been in the SD before and had nothing but great experiences while roleplaying in jail, creating a fun environment as well as portrayed a deputy properly, although the individuals that get on jailduty and act like super-cops are ultimately just ruining TTCF for the small community of roleplayers. 

I'd also like to note, realistically NO deputy can stop someone from receiving commissary unless they're in segregation, are corrupt (corruption perms) or the Lt. of the facility fills out a restriction form on the inmate I understand this may seem like a rant, although I'm just trying to point out a portrayal issue that should be addressed. Much love. 

Edited by Narco
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 1:47 AM, Narco said:

One thing I'd like to for sure see improved would be the behavior of Sheriff's Deputies. I was waiting for commissary for around two hours real life time, constantly used /jrequest as there was about five to six deputies just standing around. Finally a Deputy comes in so I /s to him asking when we're going, he out of nowhere turns into Mr Corrupt robo-cop and starts yelling at me to sit down and shut up, and when I reply with "what?", he tries to get sick with my character, and then tells the other deputies I can't receive commissary. This behavior is SUPER unrealistic as no Deputies are going to openly disrespect inmates like this. I'm not sure what type of portrayal this is, but as someone who lives in California and has been locked up, I can promise you this will never happen as most deputies know respect is earned, and if not they'll get shanked up. I can see how it may be an IC issue, although when the little FEW inmates that are actually roleplaying in the jail want to do something and there's a bunch of deputies just standing around trying to get their jail hours in (assuming jail hours are still a thing), it ultimately kills players wanting to roleplay in TTCF. 

I've been in the SD before and had nothing but great experiences while roleplaying in jail, creating a fun environment as well as portrayed a deputy properly, although the individuals that get on jailduty and act like super-cops are ultimately just ruining TTCF for the small community of roleplayers. 

I'd also like to note, realistically NO deputy can stop someone from receiving commissary unless they're in segregation, are corrupt (corruption perms) or the Lt. of the facility fills out a restriction form on the inmate I understand this may seem like a rant, although I'm just trying to point out a portrayal issue that should be addressed. Much love. 

Reprise.

HG1LIRZ.jpg

• Applaud 1
  • TyJ locked this topic