/lookat [Name/ID] - Turn your character to face other characters directly.

Detailed Description: Nothing urgent, would just be a nice QoL update to allow your character to directly turn and face another character, mainly for taking pictures IG. Always funny trying to take a group photo and half of the characters are staring off in to the distance like they're reliving a horrible trauma. 

Relevant Commands/Items: /lookat [Name/ID]

How will it benefit the server? Just a small QoL feature that would help players trying to take pictures IG instead of having to use something like menyoo to achieve anything remotely resembling a legit looking photo. 

Know mostly jackshit about coding but I feel these too commands could help, seems like an easy implementation:

https://wiki.rage.mp/index.php?title=Player::taskLookAt

https://wiki.rage.mp/index.php?title=Player::heading

Would be cool to have only the players head face a character but I'm not sure if it's possible, if it IS I'd rather see that than snapping your rotation to face a character but hey, beggars can't be choosers. 

• Upvote 5
2 hours ago, root said:

Could be nice, should be for certain range so players won't find though. 

By the basic understanding of this feature it should rotate the character head, not the body, right?  

Ideally it'd be the head only but if that's not possible just snapping to face a character directly would work if a little underwhelming. 

13 hours ago, joshua said:

sure, maybe there could be a pointing-like system but instead when you hold the button, it's the head that points in that direction instead of the hand

This is a far better solution.

I'd hate it if the entire body would just snap into a different direction, that's honestly not an interesting option. Perhaps if the head can move it would work (should be possible, after all it's possible in menyoo in the task sequence options, so it's supported by the game), but then it could be used to automatically do it upon /to [targ] which we already have since recently?

Sometimes to address someone behind you, you might turn your head to the side fully to mutter a few words, but not necessarily turn your entire body, so why would your character. The latter is easily achieved by the press of one button anyway, so we don't need a command for it.