/lookat [Name/ID] - Turn your character to face other characters directly.

2 minutes ago, Triple Seven said:

I'd hate it if the entire body would just snap into a different direction, that's honestly not an interesting option. Perhaps if the head can move it would work (should be possible, after all it's possible in menyoo in the task sequence options, so it's supported by the game), but then it could be used to automatically do it upon /to [targ] which we already have since recently?

Sometimes to address someone behind you, you might turn your head to the side fully to mutter a few words, but not necessarily turn your entire body, so why would your character. The latter is easily achieved by the press of one button anyway, so we don't need a command for it.

I wanted to keep it simple because I feel suggestions with overly complicated systems get skimmed over and left to sink to the bottom of the forums if devs aren't able to quickly see if it's worth it or not but I also think you've missed the intention of my suggestion somewhat.

Even though turning your head specifically would be preferred and super cool when using animations, the intent was to be able to face a character who's taking your picture directly, more as an OOC command in a sense so your character isn't staring off to the side because you wasn't able to shuffle with WASD to get the perfect position (which is probably a millimeter window).

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, BINGBONGBALONEY said:

I wanted to keep it simple because I feel suggestions with overly complicated systems get skimmed over and left to sink to the bottom of the forums if devs aren't able to quickly see if it's worth it or not but I also think you've missed the intention of my suggestion somewhat.

Even though turning your head specifically would be preferred and super cool when using animations, the intent was to be able to face a character who's taking your picture directly, more as an OOC command in a sense so your character isn't staring off to the side because you wasn't able to shuffle with WASD to get the perfect position (which is probably a millimeter window).

Fair enough, not really one valuable for more interaction-based stuff, but more only for picture taking. Yeah that works.

I kind of agree that a jarring snap of the character would be immersion breaking, a head follow command would actually be a really cool feature for roleplay. I agree though having something in this area would be a good Quality of Life feature, just a matter if the dev team has the time to take something like this up and how much work it would take. Definitely hope it's something that gets looked at though!

I second the idea of the same feature as pointing, but with head turning. That would be perfect! Although if it was toggled instead of held that would be better, as you may want to continue emoting and RPing while looking at another character. It could get annoying having to hold down a button for too long.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...