Experiencing issues with RAGE:MP's EAC update? Support this suggestion on the RAGE:MP forums

Pascal

Quite a few people have brought up on the forums they're experiencing a lot of FPS, performance issues and crashes since the EAC update. From speaking to people on Discord this seems to be happening to a lot of people and several of our games are running like this:

I've gone ahead and made a suggestion to make EAC opt-in on the RAGE:MP forums, so server owners can decide whether they want it. Bans for hacking do not appear frequently when in-game, and GTAW already has various server-side anti cheat systems scripted (such as weapon checks), so I believe it would be good to make the RAGE:MP EAC opt-in.

If you have a RAGE:MP forum account, please help out this suggestion and share your experiences with EAC:

https://rage.mp/forums/topic/11255-make-eac-an-opt-in-confjson-setting-and-have-it-optionally-launch-similar-to-how-the-11-037-launcher-system-worked/

• Upvote 6

If you run an AMG GPU go turn Fast Sync on.

If you run a Nvidia GPU go turn VSync on Fast.

Thank me later. My FPS jumped to 120 with the mods that still work in. Texture loss just doesn't happen anymore and the game is super smooth.

But that being said I support this, EAC is legit not worth the performance drop or it needs to truly be fine tuned before it heads into a live branch where it affects players. The ability for each server to opt out of it should at least be available.

Edited by liq

Performance has definitely suffered since EAC was implemented, and many people crash consistently over a dozen attempts until the client finalizes the handshake. I'd agree that we likely don't need an anti-cheat for the purposes of GTAW, and it's certainly impeding the ability of many players to access the server.

50 minutes ago, liq said:

Thank me later. My FPS jumped to 120 with the mods that still work in. Texture loss just doesn't happen anymore and the game is super smooth.

But that being said I support this, EAC is legit not worth the performance drop or it needs to truly be fine tuned before it heads into a live branch where it affects players. The ability for each server to opt out of it should at least be available.

Tried this and I can confirm it works ^^

On 2/20/2022 at 2:29 PM, liq said:

this made me lose half my fucking FPS its not a fix

• Wuhtah locked this topic