Garages: Make upgrades IC through legal suppliers and car chopping

mj2002

On 2/23/2022 at 12:35 AM, Engelbert said:

It was still a nice addition to roleplay. @Thirteen What bugs me though, is why people wanna stay around when mechanics work. Last time I serviced my car irl. I pretty much left it there for few hours and went on shopping. I'd do that here too. If garages weren't always placed off the path.

Yeah, but if you were able to take your car out in 10-15 minutes, you would've most definitely hung around instead of spending money on a bus or taxi and waiting for that, or longer. If we had realistic times for cars to be in and out, people would leave too, but if it's 15 minutes from the time you drive in to the time you get home, then it makes no sense to.

• Upvote 1
On 2/19/2022 at 2:58 PM, Ukkometso said:

They should make mechanics a legal supplier role similar to how illegal suppliers work. Writing a backstory, explaining how and where you're going to work on cars. Allowing people to RP being independent mechanics.

The problem with that is that regular independent mechanics wouldn't realistically have anywhere to store all of the various parts, paint cars, own lifts and all sorts of other heavy or expensvie equipment. Hell, not even garages do, but this would be much more obvious.

I'd absolutely love to see something like this.

I'm a massive car nut in real life and I like to roleplay my character modifying his own car, it's always awkward putting lots of lines of roleplay to do modifications on their own only to have to go to a mechanic and have them re-roleplay it (poorly).

I usually buy the parts I want on auto shops that can create items, but they're usually either stolen from my car inventory without any sort of roleplay (even though they're "installed").

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...