Remove component system (or re-do trucking system).

ZaE

1 minute ago, sCrax said:

Add bonus money for travelled distance. It doesn't make sense for truckers to deliver to a business on the other side of Los Santos when they get paid the same as when they deliver to the Strawberry clothing store.

I thought about this too. It depends on where the bonus money comes from. Right now, it's the businesses who pay the money per crate to the trucking companies. Anything much above $300 and you're barely breaking even in most cases. If there was distance based money that was maybe awarded via government or something that's just a suspension of belief, that would be more ideal.

Just now, Cypher said:

I thought about this too. It depends on where the bonus money comes from. Right now, it's the businesses who pay the money per crate to the trucking companies. Anything much above $300 and you're barely breaking even in most cases. If there was distance based money that was maybe awarded via government or something that's just a suspension of belief, that would be more ideal.

It could just come from the server, same as when businesses have no money to pay for the components.

Honestly for starters, doubling the amount of crates truckers can carry will improve things for now. If we were to double the amount of crates each truck could hold, businesses would be supplied twice as fast. We can also reduce the pay by 50% to balance it out. So then we'll have businesses being supplied twice as fast, and truckers making the same amount as before. This is a bandaid fix to a much larger problem, but it will help with the current trucker shortage.

More components per crate, force owners to have decent delivery zones, and add new supply points. Those two alone would make it a lot easier for truckers to work with other businesses ^^

Among the areas that could use some new supply points: 

- Western area of Los Santos

- Northern area of Los Santos

- Eastern Blaine (Sandy Shores / Harmony)

- Western Blaine (Sandy Shores / Grapeseed)

- Northern Blaine (Paleto)

Edited by Topinambour

On a side note, there should be a command for truckers, something like ("/reportpoint") -- and what that command would do is send a notification to the business owner next time they log into that character which lets them know that a trucker believes their delivery point is insufficient. 

To prevent abuse of the command, it requires that a trucker be on a delivery run to that point, and that they have crates. The command would either A) destroy all the crates the trucker has and refund the trucker the amount they paid for them, B) force a sale of the crates to the business, or C) auto-sell the crates to the server for $250/each just as the server does if there are insufficient funds in the business. The command has to be done at the approximate delivery point. That way this command cannot be used to quickly "clear" the trucker's inv or otherwise shortcut their deliveries.

From my end as a business owner, there's no easy way for me to "check" my delivery points, and there's no real decent way for truckers to tell me either. I only found out because my character had to RP her way to getting more deliveries, and those drivers finally told me both my businesses had poor delivery points. I would have never known, and I probably turned off a lot of unfortunate random truckers along the way who had to tangle with those spots.

Edited by Ink
15 minutes ago, Ink said:

On a side note, there should be a command for truckers, something like ("/reportpoint") -- and what that command would do is send a notification to the business owner next time they log into that character which lets them know that a trucker believes their delivery point is insufficient. 

To prevent abuse of the command, it requires that a trucker be on a delivery run to that point, and that they have crates. The command would either A) destroy all the crates the trucker has and refund the trucker the amount they paid for them, B) force a sale of the crates to the business, or C) auto-sell the crates to the server for $250/each just as the server does if there are insufficient funds in the business. The command has to be done at the approximate delivery point. That way this command cannot be used to quickly "clear" the trucker's inv or otherwise shortcut their deliveries.

From my end as a business owner, there's no easy way for me to "check" my delivery points, and there's no real decent way for truckers to tell me either. I only found out because my character had to RP her way to getting more deliveries, and those drivers finally told me both my businesses had poor delivery points. I would have never known, and I probably turned off a lot of unfortunate random truckers along the way who had to tangle with those spots.

This would be huge. There are so many odd delivery points and it puts truckers off from ever delivering. 

Most truckers get paid by the mile IRL. Couldn't we just calculate the distance via GPS for the route when somebody takes a job and then give them that amount when they deliver? Setting the total trip distance as the GPS distance when the job starts would also prevent abuse if someone tried driving in circles for an hour. Maybe $250/mile or something, for example; the exact amount isn't super important yet. This could change depending on the type of truck you're driving to make up for not making cash on individual crates but the shipment as a whole on a per-mile basis.

Edited by Illusory
2 hours ago, Ink said:

On a side note, there should be a command for truckers, something like ("/reportpoint") --

[...]

way who had to tangle with those spots.

That would really be great! There are many shops that have exceedingly impractical delivery points 😕 

There are people who complain "TRUCKERS PARKED IN STUPID PLACES UNREALISTIC!" but the issue is, there isn't really any better choice, when the delivery point is in the middle of the street ^^'' And often (not always, but often), those shops have back entrances with plenty of room for a Benson to go, so it's a bit of a waste. This here would really be great ^^