CCW Good Cause Justification

Cypher99

8 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Well that I can understand. Honestly I don't even know what good cause is. I am from EU, in here you can legally obtain a gun ONLY IF, you are  LEO, Private security with a requirement for being armed, like money transport or personal body guard, lawyer or attorney. Other simply do not need a gun in eyes of our laws. Now I understand that US is built differently. And honestly despite SA being SA. In order to attain a realistic surroundings, competent representatives of each sector should go with California ruling, because SA is based on CA, it's a just a parody, because Rockstar meant it as Parody of California.

That is exactly our point.... No offense bro, nothing directly at you btw.; much love to you. But people like you created LS-RP and moved on to GTA:World, not you necessarily but hopefully you get my point; with no idea on how the U.S. side of things really work. I play the game as is and respect whatever the owners bring to the table. But I am voicing my opinion here that this is exactly whats wrong with this server, "I assumed, I thought, oh thats how it works here in the EU". It's far from how it is in the States. The U.S. is very gun happy lol. I wish I can show you a picture, you can buy a burger, get a haircut and next door is a gun-shop so you can buy yourself a firearm and some ammo and call yourself an "American"; it's weird I know, we're protecting ourselves from Tyranny. 

LS-RP was a server to be known to have a hybrid mixture of the U.S. and a bit of European taste to it. I remember we had the "HSIU" unit in the LSPD. Where we had a Cheetah/The Bullet" to chase after criminals in sports cars. I found that to be hilarious, obviously it was phased off at the last years of the server before it died down. 

Edited by iFlyKid
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, iFlyKid said:

That is exactly our point.... No offense bro, nothing directly at you btw.; much love to you. But people like you created LS-RP and moved on to GTA:World, not you necessarily but hopefully you get my point; with no idea on how the U.S. side of things really work. I play the game as is and respect whatever the owners bring to the table. But I am voicing my opinion here that this is exactly whats wrong with this server, "I assumed, I thought, oh thats how it works here in the EU". It's far from how it is in the States. The U.S. is very gun happy lol. I wish I can show you a picture, you can buy a burger, get a haircut and next door is a gun-shop so you can buy yourself a firearm and some ammo and call yourself an "American"; it's weird I know, we're protecting ourselves from Tyranny. 

That's why I said I don't know how it works there. All I know I had a gun in my hand once irl. During Yugoslavian war, luckily I never had to use it. But I said, not again, like never again. Least I have no problem admitting I don't know something. It took me a year to accept that having a gang in Mirror Park IS infact realistic.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

That's why I said I don't know how it works there. All I know I had a gun in my hand once irl. During Yugoslavian war, luckily I never had to use it. But I said, not again, like never again. Least I have no problem admitting I don't know something. It took me a year to accept that having a gang in Mirror Park IS infact realistic.

Yeah no worries bro, I respect that. Nothing wrong with learning, we don't have degrees in 'life' lol. But yeah, the EU in my opinion is much safer then the U.S. because there is less guns and less Tyranny from police.

Actually having a gang in Mirror Park is unrealistic as hell. Who told you that was realistic? Literally people who live in MP buy homes for 3-4 Million GTA:W currency. I would assume people who live there are middle class. I have no idea why we have a gang in MP and crime for that nature. There should be a control of where gangs can roam around etc, its like saying in the real world we have an active gang in 'Beverly Hills" where all the actors and millionaires buy their homes. Just not realistic at all. 

Edited by iFlyKid
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, iFlyKid said:

Yeah no worries bro, I respect that. Nothing wrong with learning, we don't have degrees in 'life' lol. But yeah, the EU in my opinion is much safer then the U.S. because there is less guns and less Tyranny from police.

Actually having a gang in Mirror Park is unrealistic as hell. Who told you that was realistic? Literally people who live in MP buy homes for 3-4 Million GTA:W currency. I would assume people who live there are middle class. I have no idea why we have a gang in MP and crime for that nature. There should be a control of where gangs can roam around etc, its like saying in the real world we have an active gang in 'Beverly Hills" where all the actors and millionaires buy their homes. Just not realistic at all. 

That is up for a debate that does not belong here honestly. 

15 minutes ago, iFlyKid said:

LS-RP was a server to be known to have a hybrid mixture of the U.S. and a bit of European taste to it. I remember we had the "HSIU" unit in the LSPD. Where we had a Cheetah/The Bullet" to chase after criminals in sports cars. I found that to be hilarious, obviously it was phased off at the last years of the server before it died down. 

The joke is most people in the EU don’t know how gun laws work in the EU. Gun laws aren’t strict here at all. For the most part almost anyone can get a gun as long as you don’t have a criminal record, are of sound mind, and can fork up the dough. The inherent difference between the EU and the US is that there generally isn’t an established right to take another persons life in protecting yourself and especially your property. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

The inherent difference between the EU and the US is that there generally isn’t an established right to take another persons life in protecting yourself and especially your property. 

Yep the Castle Doctrine Stand-Your-Ground law. The majority of states, however California and New York are not Castle Doctrine they're "Duty to Retreat". Meaning taking someone's life is the last resort unless you clearly cannot run away from the crime and must use lethal force to protect your own life. As in Florida since we're a Castle Doctrine, If someone breaks into my home whether armed or unarmed I can take that persons life because he broke into my home. It has to be a forceable entry however. It's crazy how the south is, our home is protected under the Castle Doctrine. If you do this in California or New York you'll be charged with a felony murder, crazy.. 

6 minutes ago, iFlyKid said:

Yep the Castle Doctrine Stand-Your-Ground law. The majority of states, however California and New York are not Castle Doctrine they're "Duty to Retreat". Meaning taking someone's life is the last resort unless you clearly cannot run away from the crime and must use lethal force to protect your own life. As in Florida since we're a Castle Doctrine, If someone breaks into my home whether armed or unarmed I can take that persons life because he broke into my home. It has to be a forceable entry however. It's crazy how the south is, our home is protected under the Castle Doctrine. If you do this in California or New York you'll be charged with a felony murder, crazy.. 

Enough framework already exists. But as long as people refuse to update the firearms licensing system nothing will ever change. We’ll remain stuck with this dated system that comes from a time where it was realistic for a SWAT team to parachute out of a helicopter. We have had dozens of opportunities to change everything else here, but when it comes to licensing it becomes a whole discussion. We’ve gone as far as selectively and aggressively bending the law and fabric of reality, “voiding” entire legal developments just to justify this old system. That speaks volumes. 

Edited by eTaylor
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Enough framework already exists. But as long as people refuse to update the firearms licensing system nothing will ever change. We’ll remain stuck with this dated system that comes from a time where it was realistic for a SWAT team to parachute out of a helicopter. We have had dozens of opportunity to change everything else here, but when it comes to licensing it becomes a whole discussion. We’ve gone as far as selectively and aggressively bending the law and fabric of reality, “voiding” entire legal developments just to justify this old system. 

I guess the only explanation is they're afraid this will hurt the server with more easy guns, its not like obtaining a PF isn't hard at all. There's one solution to this problem, just like the real world. Increase the CCW cost so much that it will make the average person think twice if they want to invest in one. Problem solved.  

11 minutes ago, iFlyKid said:

I guess the only explanation is they're afraid this will hurt the server with more easy guns, its not like obtaining a PF isn't hard at all. There's one solution to this problem, just like the real world. Increase the CCW cost so much that it will make the average person think twice if they want to invest in one. Problem solved.  

Nearly everyone has a gun already, how could it hurt the economy more?

I shouldn't have to convince an IRL teenanger in Europe why my American character, in America, in the most dangerous city in America needs to obtain a CCW for his protection.

And as others have pointed out in California you do NOT need to even inform the police that your'e carrying. 

We need reform now! 

Edited by Late