CCW Good Cause Justification

Cypher99

1 hour ago, eTaylor said:

The weapon license system was designed and brought over by people from LSRP, it is a continuation of that old system. It’s not in-character. It is entirely out of character with a “roleplay” jacket slapped onto it to justify its existence in the game world. If there’s anything due for a revision it’s our weapon licensing system and firearms in general. For whatever reason there’s people who take personal offense to suggestions like that. Often the same people who either helped create it or helped keeping it in place. Wanting something new and different doesn’t mean that what we had was bad, it worked for a very long time. But it’s old. The system and climate it was originally designed in doesn’t exist anymore. Why couldn’t we evolve the way we do licensing and guns? Why evolve everything else but simultaneously hold onto few archaic systems? It’s that inconsistency in development and lack of willingness to change and renew things that people keep pointing out. Stop being afraid to make your own things. 

1 hour ago, Morozzini said:

Perhaps CCW should be made easier to get but PF should definitely be way harder. PF is in fact so easy to get that it is one of the first things that new players go through. 

Everyone and their mother carries a gun, it's incomparably more difficult to get an illegal weapon. This results in seemingly every legal character somehow armed with an extended clip handgun of choice, while criminals are armed with toothpicks. When I'm being robbed/approached by a criminal character, I presume that they are armed with melee weapons. When I consider robbing a delivery guy, beauty salon employee or an innocent granny, I am absolutely certain that they'll be armed to the teeth.

Lack of CCW doesn't stop anyone from carrying their PF weapon around, don't fool yourself, it only means they shouldn't be caught with it by the police - something that barely ever happens because legal characters do legal activities and aren't caught and searched.

I agree, this system was brought over from LSRP, it is outdated and clearly does not match California's (in-game it is San Andreas) laws about PF/CCW since. Making it harder to obtain CCW while PF is so easy, I am not surprised people are going for the PF and just waltz around with their firearm in hand. Also, people blame criminals for running and gunning, but considering how hard it is to obtain weapons as an illegal character, you would be surprised if the Legal side has far more firepower. In the US statistically there are about 120 firearms per 100 people, clearly both legal and illegal are able to obtain those easily.

15 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I agree, this system was brought over from LSRP, it is outdated and clearly does not match California's (in-game it is San Andreas) laws about PF/CCW since. Making it harder to obtain CCW while PF is so easy, I am not surprised people are going for the PF and just waltz around with their firearm in hand. Also, people blame criminals for running and gunning, but considering how hard it is to obtain weapons as an illegal character, you would be surprised if the Legal side has far more firepower. In the US statistically there are about 120 firearms per 100 people, clearly both legal and illegal are able to obtain those easily.

It’s a discussion about the normalization of firearms as well. The old LSRP system was not made with the first amendment or American law in mind, it was made and sustained by Europeans, on a European server, to monopolize the legal weapon system and create an administrative control point surrounding it. Today it only exists to justify the existence of the LSPD FLD infrastructure and arbitrary gun control. Cemented only in the fact that people are too lazy to change, or refuse to give up their seat for progress. The current system is dated and doesn’t even bother hiding the fact that it’s an unrealistic forced control point with little IC basis. 

Edited by eTaylor
8 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

It’s a discussion about the normalization of firearms as well. The old LSRP system was not made with the first amendment or American law in mind, it was made and sustained by Europeans, on a European server, to monopolize the legal weapon system and create an administrative control point surrounding it. Today it only exists to justify the existence of the LSPD FLD infrastructure and arbitrary gun control. Cemented only in the fact that people are too lazy to change, or refuse to give up their seat for progress. The current system is dated and doesn’t even bother hiding the fact that it’s an unrealistic forced control point with little IC basis. 

I fully agree with that, the system HAS to change.

4 hours ago, eTaylor said:

The weapon license system was designed and brought over by people from LSRP, it is a continuation of that old system. It’s not in-character. It is entirely out of character with a “roleplay” jacket slapped onto it to justify its existence in the game world. If there’s anything due for a revision it’s our weapon licensing system and firearms in general. For whatever reason there’s people who take personal offense to suggestions like that. Often the same people who either helped create it or helped keeping it in place. Wanting something new and different doesn’t mean that what we had was bad, it worked for a very long time. But it’s old. The system and climate it was originally designed in doesn’t exist anymore. Why couldn’t we evolve the way we do licensing and guns? Why evolve everything else but simultaneously hold onto few archaic systems? It’s that inconsistency in development and lack of willingness to change and renew things that people keep pointing out. Stop being afraid to make your own things. 

I mean yeah, this is what happens when there's certain people in power in this server who try to mimic the United States and its laws, but doesn't keep up with the changes within because they have little to no understanding of the US laws. That or they put a blind eye into it afraid of server repercussions making it easier to access a CCW. I assume they have access to the news just as much as we do here in the US, who knows.  

Additionally this community was created by a small group of people who came from the old LS-RP in 2017. So they kept all their old ways of thinking and slapping a roleplay jacket to justify it just as you stated. The server is extremely far from realism and I live in the state of Florida moving from New York (The Anti 2nd Amendment State). It literarly took me 2 weeks to get my CPL here in the sunshine state. I went to a Gun Range, signed up for their CCW class it was a 3 hour course, got my Firearms Proficiency Certificate took my Certificate to the FWC (Florida Wildlife Conservatory) Office here in Florida; got fingerprinted, they took my picture presented my US Citizenship (i.e a passport is enough) and my social security card along with my Florida Drivers License. As long as your background clears, it literarly took me 2 weeks to get my CPL, now I can legally carry any amount of firearm I please, of-course it has to be concealed as Florida does not have an Open Carry law (Unless you're hunting/camping/fishing).  I assume obviously we're mimicking California, however like explained previously due to the SCOTUS case, Bruen vs. NYPSA all states are now "Shall Issue" and the CCW reasoning justification was removed because it was unconstitutional of our 2nd Amendment right to bare arms.

I can school these kids all day, but honestly I feel that they won't change the current gun system assuming this will affect the server with more guns. I mean, then raise your prices. The 1,080$ I came up with was a YouTube video I saw about the cost of a California CCW, I believe its dependent on the county. I don't live in California so I could be wrong with the pricing. 

Edited by iFlyKid
3 minutes ago, iFlyKid said:

I mean yeah, this is what happens when there's certain people in power in this server who try to mimic the United States and its laws, but doesn't keep up with the changes within because they have little to no understanding of the US laws. That or they put a blind eye into it afraid of server repercussions making it easier to access a CCW. I assume they have access to the news just as much as we do here in the US, who knows.  

Additionally this community was created by a small group of people who came from the old LS-RP in 2017. So they kept all their old ways of thinking and slapping a roleplay jacket to justify it just as you stated. The server is extremely far from realism and I live in the state of Florida moving from New York (The Anti 2nd Amendment State). It literarly took me 2 weeks to get my CPL here in the sunshine state. I went to a Gun Range, signed up for their CCW class it was a 3 hour course, got my Firearms Proficiency Certificate took my Certificate to the FWC (Florida Wildlife Conservatory) Office here in Florida; got fingerprinted, they took my picture presented my US Citizenship (i.e a passport is enough) and my social security card along with my Florida Drivers License. As long as your background clears, it literarly took me 2 weeks to get my CPL, now I can legally carry any amount of firearm I please, of-course it has to be concealed as Florida does not have an Open Carry law (Unless you're hunting/camping/fishing).  I assume obviously we're mimicking California, however like explained previously due to the SCOTUS case, Bruen vs. NYPSA all states are now "Shall Issue" and the CCW reasoning justification was removed because it was unconstitutional of our 2nd Amendment right to bare arms.

I can school this kids all day, but honestly I feel that they won't change the current gun system assuming this will affect the server with more guns. I mean, then raise your prices. The 1,080$ I came up with was a YouTube video I saw about the cost of a California CCW, I believe its dependent on the county. I don't live in California so I could be wrong with the pricing. 

Best course of action would be to bring it with LFM / Faction Management to get this changed.

• Upvote 1

I dunno why are people so obsessed with guns. They exist for one purpose only. To take lives. Then another thing sooo many people here seem to be getting wrong.

Having a gun on the server not only doesn't serve it's purpose for legal gun owners....no drawing a gun at someone on the server will not deter them from what they are doing.

It will only escalate the situation to the point they jump you again in an hour or so. This time with more people and guns so they can take yours. Showing them your gun is literally the only thing people can achieve here, to be robbed of it.

9 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I dunno why are people so obsessed with guns. They exist for one purpose only. To take lives. Then another thing sooo many people here seem to be getting wrong.

Having a gun on the server not only doesn't serve it's purpose for legal gun owners....no drawing a gun at someone on the server will not deter them from what they are doing.

It will only escalate the situation to the point they jump you again in an hour or so. This time with more people and guns so they can take yours. Showing them your gun is literally the only thing people can achieve here, to be robbed of it.

The issue is not the amount of guns, it's the fact that when a person has a reason to obtain such a license, it becomes more of an OOC chore than it has IC reasoning behind it. It is easier to file in a house request and get a positive reply than for a CCW at this point in time. Also the fact I had witnessed numerous instances where a person dials 911, response? half hour AFTER, when the person who was reported already long gone.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

You're missing the bigger point here, it's not being obsessed with guns, We're mimicking the United States (San Andreas is a fictional make believe of non fictional California) and here in the states the 2nd Amendment is huge /This is why, if you haven't already figured the game has a bunch of "Ammunation Stores" across the map, because Rockstar Dev made it a comical perspective of how the US is like. The game is literally a comical version of the U.S. people oversee that for whatever reason. Additionally It's our constitutional right to bare arms and we're trying to make the server a little more realistic by removing the Good Cause Justification that was eliminated about a year or so ago. Nothing wrong with that. My point is... Why mimic a real life country into a game and not keep up with the constant changes? 

And yes, the CCW process here in GTA:W is nothing like the real world anymore. It used to be a thing maybe 3 years ago because California was, once upon a time a strict state to obtain a gun license. However things changed now, it just costs a lot of money because we don't want the average person carrying a firearm. 

Edited by iFlyKid
  • Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, iFlyKid said:

You're missing the bigger point here, it's not being obsessed with guns, We're mimicking the United States (San Andreas is a fictional make believe of non fictional California) and here in the states the 2nd Amendment is huge /This is why, if you haven't already figured the game has a bunch of "Ammunation Stores" across the map, because Rockstar Dev made it a comical perspective of how the US is like. The game is literally a comical version of the U.S. people oversee that for whatever reason. Additionally It's our constitutional right to bare arms and we're trying to make the server a little more realistic by removing the Good Cause Justification that was eliminated about a year or so ago. Nothing wrong with that. My point is... Why mimic a real life country into a game and not keep up with the constant changes? 

And yes, the CCW process here in GTA:W is nothing like the real world anymore. It used to be a thing maybe 3 years ago because California was, once upon a time a strict state to obtain a gun license. However things changed now, it just costs a lot of money because we don't want the average person carrying a firearm. 

It is still strict, AR's are limited to 7 bullets or so in a magazine of 30. But overall, the system HAS to be updated to match the real life one, where Good Cause Justification has to be removed.

9 minutes ago, iFlyKid said:

Well that I can understand. Honestly I don't even know what good cause is. I am from EU, in here you can legally obtain a gun ONLY IF, you are  LEO, Private security with a requirement for being armed, like money transport or personal body guard, lawyer or attorney. Other simply do not need a gun in eyes of our laws. Now I understand that US is built differently. And honestly despite SA being SA. In order to attain a realistic surroundings, competent representatives of each sector should go with California ruling, because SA is based on CA, it's a just a parody, because Rockstar meant it as Parody of California. However what I am refering to with my dislike of guns in the game, is not about realism. It's about human psychology. People often omit realism for the sake of having fun or for their OOC attitude. Hence why we have so many armed escalations. Because people pull out guns because they can, not because it's necessary.

Edited by Engelbert