Snow for December to mid January?

Airwolf

As a person who replied with just a simple "nope", let me elaborate; it rarely snows in the city of Los Angeles. Sure, the mountains up north do get some snow, but the city itself rarely does, and, even then, it's not anything substantial and it doesn't accumulate to any measurable amount. I get it, some people might not agree with the whole "Los Santos is based on Los Angeles" thing, but, if it's not Los Angeles, what is it then? Surely not Omaha. So, yes; definite 'no' to the proposed month and a half of 'snow roleplay'.

Now, even if we ignore the realism aspects of it, there are multiple people complaining how the snow is incompatible with interiors and how it causes lag spikes, and, my personal opinion is that the modding team's time is better spent elsewhere.

Edited by Brian

Last year during the snow I didn't even experience any lag at all. The snow map is in the base game itself: if I recall right, GTA:Online goes full on snow during the holidays, so it's definitely in the base game and not a map mod or the like. There's also a specific weather for snow.
On top of that, last year I don't think it was tested with the property weather system if it works or not. Even then, outdoor RP encouragement. The bugs, honestly, were pretty minimal what I experienced and the interior is generally something one should be able to deal with compared  to the rest of the year, it wasn't even that bad from what I saw at the Fire Station interiors, could be much worse.

Just now, Airwolf said:

Last year during the snow I didn't even experience any lag at all. The snow map is in the base game itself: if I recall right, GTA:Online goes full on snow during the holidays, so it's definitely in the base game and not a map mod or the like. There's also a specific weather for snow.
On top of that, last year I don't think it was tested with the property weather system if it works or not. Even then, outdoor RP encouragement. The bugs, honestly, were pretty minimal what I experienced and the interior is generally something one should be able to deal with compared  to the rest of the year, it wasn't even that bad from what I saw at the Fire Station interiors, could be much worse.

Same. That's not to say others might not have, but I play on a SHITTY LAPTOP, and yet, no major lag. If anything, lower your graphics a little and if it's truly that bad, you might need to upgrade.  

I really wish the community agreed more when it comes to some forum suggestions. Especially a change like this, which judging by the majority of the comments on here, most players look forward too. 

18 minutes ago, Brian said:

As a person who replied with just a simple "nope", let me elaborate; it rarely snows in the city of Los Angeles. Sure, the mountains up north do get some snow, but the city itself rarely does, and, even then, it's not anything substantial and it doesn't accumulate to any measurable amount. I get it, some people might not agree with the whole "Los Santos is based on Los Angeles" thing, but, if it's not Los Angeles, what is it then? Surely not Omaha. So, yes; definite 'no' to the proposed month and a half of 'snow roleplay'.

Now, even if we ignore the realism aspects of it, there are multiple people complaining how the snow is incompatible with interiors and how it causes lag spikes, and, my personal opinion is that the modding team's time is better spent elsewhere.

We are in a fictional city, in a fictional state with fictional citizens. Making it snow for the sake of Christmas and a change of weather isn't a bad idea. Sure we replaced California but we're not California, Los Angeles or anywhere there. We're in our world that we can make anything happen.

About the modding issues, if they can be fixed that'd be great.

Fictional state and city based on and heavily inspired by the real State of California and the City/County of Los Angeles. Seeing that the server continuity literally states that San Andreas replaces California, and that most (if not all) major factions have gone to great lengths to realistically portray Los Angeles-based real-world counterparts, it'd be extremely odd to slap some snow in and call it a day. But, oh well, I was asked to elaborate, and so I did. We agree to disagree. 🤷‍♂️

We'll look into it with no direct promises at the moment.. I do agree that before we even come close to deciding for the fun of it, we need to make sure our interiors are properly kept first- which could be something that is unfixable.. But who knows, our DEV's are crazy.

As much as the six pages here are (seemingly) most yes's, we end up doing it and then get the thread of "Why snow it's so unrealistic!?!?!?!?!?!?!". I can say for almost certainty, that if we do it, it won't be anything past a few days to maybe a week or so..

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2