Snow for December to mid January?

Airwolf

9 minutes ago, Vassilios said:

To anyone who has said no to this. Do give actual feedback.

It's pretty simple, snow is just a buggy mess. Every year we have this discussion, every year staff and veteran community members point to the previous years problem and every year staff caves after 3 different 25 page forum threads only to have to pull the snow days early because of bugs, poor server performance or people just not liking it after about 48 hours. 

It's just not worth it at all. There's not much feedback to give besides that.

Edited by Trupiano
1 minute ago, Trupiano said:

It's pretty simple, snow is just a buggy mess. Every year we have this discussion, every year staff and veteran community members point to the previous years problem and every year staff caves after 3 different 25 page forum threads only to have to pull the snow days early because of bugs, poor server performance or people just not liking it after about 48 hours. 

It's just not worth it at all. There's not much feedback to give besides that.

Apart from the snow appearing inside interiors, what other bugs are there?

Just now, Jura said:

Apart from the snow appearing inside interiors, what other bugs are there?

For some people there were graphical problems, I personally suffered really bad frames to the point I just stopped playing till the snow was removed. That might seem like small potatoes to some but in my eyes, it's just not worth the hassle for something that's always been underwhelming and somewhat problematic when implemented.

An additional thing that holds me back is the timing, if this was gonna happen for a few days in late January? Fuck it, fine. But people want it in peak holiday season. Maybe, we do it and nothing happens. But going off the last 3 years, your going to have a bunch of people with finally enough free time to play during the holiday break only to find that the servers basically fucked for you. 

1 minute ago, Trupiano said:

For some people there were graphical problems, I personally suffered really bad frames to the point I just stopped playing till the snow was removed. That might seem like small potatoes to some but in my eyes, it's just not worth the hassle for something that's always been underwhelming and somewhat problematic when implemented.

An additional thing that holds me back is the timing, if this was gonna happen for a few days in late January? Fuck it, fine. But people want it in peak holiday season. Maybe, we do it and nothing happens. But going off the last 3 years, your going to have a bunch of people with finally enough free time to play during the holiday break only to find that the servers basically fucked for you. 

Interesting that something from the base game makes you lag but the additional tree and other object mods don’t, maybe that’s something the modding team could look into 

Just now, Jura said:

Interesting that something from the base game makes you lag but the additional tree and other object mods don’t, maybe that’s something the modding team could look into 

Yeah I mean from what I've heard the snow version of Los Santos is a different map mod. I'd love to see a system where they can just flip snow on for a few hours, have a freak snow storm here and there during the winter to just shake things up. But as it currently stands, again going off what I know adding snow to the server is not currently just a simple fix and has had hiccups every year. In my eyes? It's just not worth it to try the same experiment every year when we kind of already know what the probably outcome is.