More Lore Friendly Cars (Tuners)

Santana_

Detailed Description

Attempting to make the racing scene better, as whenever I see a tuner at a car meet, or a street race. It's always a Sultan or Sultan Classic, I don't really see a variety of cars within the car scene. 

Relevant Commands/Items

Maibatsu Sunrise R
https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/maibatsu-sunrise-r-add-on-tuning-liveries-sounds

Spoiler

086fdd 0a min
086fdd 2 min

Annis S-230

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/annis-s-230-add-on-tuning-liveries

Spoiler

829785 0

Annis Roxanne

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/annis-roxanne-add-on-tuning-sounds-liveries

Spoiler

38d318 screenshot 885 2 ps

Annis ZR390

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/annis-zr390

Spoiler

F12c3a gta5 jwcfzhi17eF12c3a gta5 lofdmysejt

Annis Euros

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/annis-euros-add-on-tuning-liveries

Spoiler

C856de 0

Emperor Saikou
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7lxwoonhvau2ag5/saikou.zip/file

Spoiler

Annis Elegy RH7
https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/annis-elegy-rh-7-addon-tuning-liveries-sounds-rhd-deadman23-jerkov-tgi_j-and-the-vanillaworks-community

Spoiler

5969e8 eve 20210728231445 optimized.013

How will it benefit the server?

I understand that the server isn't NFS, but I've been seeing alot of street racing roleplay lately, and we're gonna need more cars.

Edited by Amellis
Easier to read now!
  • Upvote 3
  • Santana_ changed the title to More Lore Friendly Cars (Tuners)
2 hours ago, Santana_ said:

Detailed Description

Attempting to make the racing scene better, as whenever I see a tuner at a car meet, or a street race. It's always a Sultan or Sultan Classic, I don't really see a variety of cars within the car scene. 

Your problem's with players using "meta" cars and/or being unoriginal, not car variety as a whole. There's a TON of car variety, hell I'd argue tuners have the most variety out of every vehicle type on the server, we really don't need anymore for now.

I think you should look up the meaning of the word "lore" before you use it in a sentence. The "lore" or continuity of this server is based on the fact that the role play takes place in a city called Los Santos, in the state of San Andreas. This is a place in the US, not Japan. If you want to talk about adding more "lore friendly" vehicles to the game, you should look at the statistics of which cars are actually predominantly represented in the US. I think considering the small percentage of ricers relative to the total amount of cars should speak for itself, and the fact there already is an arguably large assortment to choose from, I don't think there is a need to add more of what you consider "lore friendly" and instead add more of what actually is lore friendly.

Edited by Narc
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Narc said:

I think you should look up the meaning of the word "lore" before you use it in a sentence. The "lore" or continuity of this server is based on the fact that the role play takes place in a city called Los Santos, in the state of San Andreas. This is a place in the US, not Japan. If you want to talk about adding more "lore friendly" vehicles to the game, you should look at the statistics of which cars are actually predominantly represented in the US. I think considering the small percentage of ricers relative to the total amount of cars should speak for itself, and the fact there already is an arguably large assortment to choose from, I don't think there is a need to add more of what you consider "lore friendly" and instead add more of what actually is lore friendly.

This, it’s been two years and I’m still waiting on certified Californian $100 shitboxes, but instead it’s been awkward trucks, European and Japanese cars. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

Personally I'd hate to see this, most people who own these cars are just cop baiters that drive around street racing like its NFS as you stated. We need more actual lore vehicles which aren't ricers or japanese street racing cars imo.

This was my first instinct too but thinking about it, it might actually be a good thing. After all, whoever wants to role-play such poorly developed characters will do so regardless. It's always good to have more variety. 

I do, however, think that other cars should be added before these. We need more cheap cars, pickups, off-road, normal city cars, luxury cars, boats, planes, helis more than we need more sports and drift cars or motorcycles.

I support this, but not as a priority. 

More vehicles is always better I’d say but I do agree with the meta and potential for poor betrayal of these cars. These types of cars are made for GTA V as a game not an RP server, so they handle and drive way better than anything else, regardless of how realistic that is.

I get that it’s just a game but people probably don’t realise how stupidly expensive the real life equivalents of these are getting, not to mention you can’t buy them brand new from a dealer anymore.

Would maybe be cool if you could apply for vehicles like this like with property on the UCP so it’s more heavily regulated and roleplay’d for the right reasons.

All in all, more cars is better but we do have a decent amount of tuner cars already in the game. On the fence on this one.

4 hours ago, Santana_ said:

Let's look at what we have available right now.

The following vehicles could arguably be classified as tuners, or Japanese imports, in the sense that they are either sporty vehicles by Asian car manufacture-inspired brands, or older vehicles that are not infrequently tuned and visually enhanced to look 'cool'. I left out a few odd vehicles like the Vulcar Nebula and the Moonbeam Custom, but also faster sports cars that aren't really native to the tuning scene, like European sports cars or muscle cars.

Annis Elegy Retro

Annis Euros

Annis Kawaii

Annis Remus

Annis ZR-250

Annis ZR-350

Annis ZR-380

Bollokan Prairie

Dinka Blista Kanjo

Dinka Chavos

Dinka Flash

Dinka Hakumai 

Dinka Jester

Dinka Jester Classic

Dinka Jester RR

Dinka Sugoi

Karin Ariant

Karin Calico GTF

Karin Futo

Karin Futo GTX

Karin Intruder

Karin Kuruma

Karin Previon

Karin Sultan

Karin Sultan

Karin Sultan Classic

Karin Sultan RS Classic

Maibatsu Penumbra

Maibatsu Penumbra FF

This comes down to about 30 vehicles that easily fit the 'tuner' label. In reality, the range of choice is of course wider, since many sports cars are modified into tuners as well, resulting in at least doubling to 50 or 60 different cars. If you're broadening to whatever gets brought to 'car meets', then surely this number doubles again, at the very least. Remember, there are well over 400 vehicles available to purchase directly from the server.

What you're describing as the lack of variety might not be down to the availability of different vehicles, but rather elsewhere. I would venture a guess and say that players (not characters) put an unreasonable and unrealistic amount of emphasis on performance and speed when deciding on which vehicle is suitable, rather than how well it fits for their character and their backstory. This is to the detriment of their own character's roleplay quality, but also those around them. This also has an impact that you're experiencing now. If everyone picks the meta/flavor of the month/best car, then you lose out on variety, and instead of the creativity that is important to the tuner culture, it turns into a boring mix of only a few vehicles that everyone drives.

As for adding the suggested vehicles. I'm not against new additions that are balanced and somewhat realistic. More choice is better and realistic. The argument brought up above that the community at large somehow don't deserve these additions because of the inability of groups of players to portray this subculture realistically doesn't really make a lot of sense. That isn't going to help anyone improve the quality of their roleplay. It seems a little petty and non-productive.

A few side notes.

Lore friendly in this context usually refers to cars branded to GTA standards, instead of real life brands.

Suggestions shouldn't be evaluated based on what else is needed in terms of additions. We're not prioritizing updates here, and its unfair and unhelpful to comment on a suggestion in a negative way because something else is more important to you. If you'd like to see different additions, then suggest those in another thread.

more shitboxes and domestics pls

i really don't need to deal with more tuners seeing as R* has that handled already.

for instance, the Contender Retro and the Tahoma both have rusty variants/liveries that we could get, and i think there's one or two more vehicles with the same issue.

this really isn't needed.

• Wuhtah locked this topic