How do you feel about the update this week?

ZaE

10 hours ago, Engelbert said:

I only hate e-bangers, which is like 99% gang rpers here.

But then I also hate people hiding behind "Be realistic" while npcing a gsw wound and gangbanging again 60 mins later.

Yet again, devs gave us something nice to play with and people complain, cause it does what exactly? Hinders your roleplay? No it enhances it.

Cops pretty much have techs and quartermasters for gun maintenance, gangs don't have that. So ofc PD has an option to npc gun maintenance.

You seriously expect every cop taking care of their gun daily? Their guns do not even leave the station when they are off duty, they are state issued guns.

Also every gun has recoil, you are literally taught how to shoot properly in any shooting range. But then just simple daily maintenance like cleaning, helps alot to prevent jamming.

Right so you hate me because I'm a gang roleplayer. Thanks for putting that out there. Oh so it's only gang roleplayers who fall into this category? Nobody else on the server deals with a GSW? I don't even want to get into this as it's just gonna derail the thread but you clearly have an agenda.

How does it enhance my roleplay exactly? All you stated was how LEOs don't have to roleplay it. Interesting.

Poor LEO roleplayers. They shouldn't have to roleplay any of this because they're too busy doing better things right? 

All of your points are moot. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Dunc said:

Right so you hate me because I'm a gang roleplayer. Thanks for putting that out there. Oh so it's only gang roleplayers who fall into this category? Nobody else on the server deals with a GSW? I don't even want to get into this as it's just gonna derail the thread but you clearly have an agenda.

How does it enhance my roleplay exactly? All you stated was how LEOs don't have to roleplay it. Interesting.

Poor LEO roleplayers. They shouldn't have to roleplay any of this because they're too busy doing better things right? 

All of your points are moot. Sorry.

I said 99% of gangstas here on forums are ebangers ie acting like they were gangstas. Then as you may know PD has quartermasters which can but do not have to roleplay maintenance. Does a gang have access to a quartermaster or someone who can take care of guns? No? Then they either clean the guns themselves or play with guns prone to jam. All I said is, that people complain, because someone added yet another script to roleplaying, so? Scripts are supposed to enhance the roleplay, not to limit it. 

Let's be honest here. Many people don't even roleplay their injuries, they walk into a hospital, loiter there for 5 mins npcing getting better and leave. The two however aren't much comparable, cause while it takes 5 mins to clean a gun properly, it takes several weeks to recover from a gsw, which we do not roleplay, because it's just too long.

My point is, that many people do not even roleplay the basics. I understand this is GTA and not RUST rp, but it is heavy roleplay server is it not?

2 hours ago, nwah_ said:

As far as I know for the gun maintenance side of the update, it won't be implemented for LEOs because of how the script works for them to get their guns which is sort of counter intuitive because it's not criminals often using the same guns (definitely not enough to reach the 3000 bullet threshold to start needing repairs). Most guns would end up lost or taken by police far before they reach that point so I see this number being drastically reduced to not make the update pointless.

The recoil on underage characters is a pretty funny "IC" fix to the OOC problem of little kids running around and starting shit where they shouldn't be. I personally don't like the existence of child chars at all and think they should be removed. Gangbanging definitely isn't a child only thing even though that's the age most people are inducted and exposed to the gang lifestyle, it's a roleplay server and it's fantasy for the most part, doesn't have to follow the real world 1:1 and shouldn't try to, due to the numerous people breaking rule 19 and shit? People obviously can't be trusted to RP children.

Glad the criminal points have decay on them, only long term criminal rpers were really effected by this while other bad RPers would simply eat all their charges and name change into another character to do it all over again.

The money update's great, I love that it's an item and there won't be any rob limit. However I do hope the bank account thing isn't too confusing, and I also hope there's no implementation of any IRS faction, because it just simply wouldn't work on the server. (I could say my business made 100k in one night and nobody would be able to prove otherwise because there's no records, and I sure as hell am not gonna start keeping a spreadsheet for a RP server business)

What he said. I agree with it all. What an articulate man.

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
17 minutes ago, imi said:

Gangbanging definitely isn't a child only thing even though that's the age most people are inducted and exposed to the gang lifestyle

Not true at all man. Most gangbangers are literal children (15-16) and got dragged into the life at (12-14). Now eventually they grow up and still are active with it, you know. 

if GTA:W wants to be a 1:1 copy with damn near everything then you can’t just ignore one part of the real world bevause you don’t like Gang RP, though I understand all of your concerns if somebody is breaking the sexualizatikn rules THEY should get in trouble, banned and fucking arrested for that disgusting shit. But that’s not the person roleplayikg the child’s fault. If somebody can’t roleplay a child, make a report and it staff decides they cannot rp a child correctly, they can get banned from that concept.

but again, I’m gonna stop responding with my opinions bevause somebody is gonna report one sacracsdfic statement I make and get me annihilated like it’s GTA:ONLINE and I’m derailing my own thread 

Edited by ZaE

The recoil system is a great thing. We might finally see older characters in gang communities instead of hordes of 15 year old cold-blooded killers that shoot like John Wick. Gang roleplayers might actually think twice before getting into shootouts with cops as they will have a slight disadvantage. You guys can't get mad at the disadvantage this recoil system brings as a trained cop that goes to a gun range regularly would be 10 times more skilled when it comes to handling a firearm. Let's be real, how many gang roleplayers are actually roleplaying practicing shooting and learning how to use a firearm? The number is probably very close to zero. Being angry at the recoil system just indicates how many people here have a play-to-win mentality.

Edited by sCrax
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, sCrax said:

The recoil system is a great thing. We might finally see older characters in gang communities instead of hordes of 15 year old cold-blooded killers that shoot like John Wick. Gang roleplayers might actually think twice before getting into shootouts with cops as they will have a slight disadvantage. You guys can't get mad at the disadvantage this recoil system brings as a trained cop that goes to a gun range regularly would be 10 times more skilled when it comes to handling a firearm. Let's be real, how many gang roleplayers are actually roleplaying practicing shooting and learning how to use a firearm? The number is probably very close to zero. Being angry at the recoil system just indicates how many people here have a play-to-win mentality.

I don’t think it’s an entirely bad thing, but it just makes it seem like every body in GTA:W above the age of 18 is John Wick because they are older, im 19 and if I shot a gun in a range rn? Even with my little bit of past experience them bullets would fly ALL OVER THE PLACE

my biggest issue with the recoil system is that it will not be an issue towards law-enforcement officers. I don’t think there should be some drastic recoil changes because your character is a minor or vice versa I think there should be a recoil system for everybody that is equal based on the gun. As for your statement on older people within the gang scene, nowadays most older people that are within gangs have been there for quite some time because most of the reckless younger gang bangers or in jail or dead. Or if they are within a gang in their a bit older they’re like more calm down and focus on comer money making schemes. I’m going to use the statement that I’ve heard 1000 times that it is a video game and even though GTA world wants to be a one to one remake of the real world it will never happen. General players are never going to not RP kids even if it gets banned they were just RP a CHILDISH adult. Poor quality role-play robberies will never be extinguished until people start reporting them and the staff team properly punished the people that were reported. As for gangbanger shooting at the police I do think it’s a little unrealistic for a child to think they have anyway to properly fight against police officer but if they’re shooting at you I guess your instinct should be a runner shoot back and since running is basically death in GTA world, I guess they all choose to shoot. 

I wouldn’t really call it A Play-Doh wind mentality I just think a lot of gang row players care about their inventory I don’t really want to lose all of the stuff that they’ve collected over their time of role-playing as a character. I remember when I first had my very very first gang character one comes to truth at me I would run away or take some cover because that was back in a time where if a cop killed you you basically had to CK.

Edited by ZaE
1 minute ago, ZaE said:

I don’t think it’s an entirely bad thing, but it just makes it seem like every body in GTA:W above the age of 18 is John Wick because they are older, im 19 and if I shot a gun in a range rn? Even with my little bit of past experience them bullets would fly ALL OVER THE PLACE. 🤣

I think you'll still have a recoil even if you are an adult, but obviously less significant than when you are playing a 15 y/o character. It does not say anywhere that you will magically lose it, just the extent will be different. Which is totally fine. It's a first step on how to crack down on all these 15 y/o superheroes with no feelings and perfect aim.

1 minute ago, sCrax said:

I think you'll still have a recoil even if you are an adult, but obviously less significant than when you are playing a 15 y/o character. It does not say anywhere that you will magically lose it, just the extent will be different. Which is totally fine. It's a first step on how to crack down on all these 15 y/o superheroes with no feelings and perfect aim.

I think it all depends on the extent of the recoil system I know there’s been a lot of shade Bruyne towards the illegal role-play community coming from the legal role-play community and I just have the development team didn’t take some of the stupid complaints serious and make it so a 15-year-old can basically not shoot, I guess we will have to see in time.