How do you feel about the update this week?

ZaE

3 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Will the player be able to clear their weapon when it jams, and if so, how does that work?

I'll admit I laughed at the notion of a police officer or other trained shooter's weapon jamming in a firefight, and then they just hopelessly throw it to the ground and run away.

1 hour ago, kristofer said:

Shouldn't be NPC'd, if there aren't any quartermasters on the spot and working, officers have the ability to clean their firearms themselves. As do most departments in the US I'd imagine. This is a "heavy text based roleplay" server afterall and we shouldn't go to NPC'ing everything.

It'll be NPC'd when it needs to be NPC'd, same as many other things in the server due to availability. If there's no QM at that moment, then you can't force someone to log in and do it. Same as it happens with PHMC and many other stores people use even when someone is not actively running them. You should know it, you have a gun store that people use to buy guns from even when no one is there working. This would mean closing all stores unless there's someone actively RPing and working, which is simply not feasible.

32 minutes ago, JackieH said:

It'll be NPC'd when it needs to be NPC'd, same as many other things in the server due to availability. If there's no QM at that moment, then you can't force someone to log in and do it. Same as it happens with PHMC and many other stores people use even when someone is not actively running them. You should know it, you have a gun store that people use to buy guns from even when no one is there working. This would mean closing all stores unless there's someone actively RPing and working, which is simply not feasible.

Imagine the most popular servers in FiveM work like that. Shops only work if employees are available in-game 😂

I think its all cool, I'm pretty excited about the new economy revamp and hopefully it'll be better than the old one. 

The weapon update seems cool too, even tho I dont roleplay having a weapon on any of my chars, I do think other players who roleplay using weapons can benefit from this upcoming update. 

But actually, I did have some expectations that weren't listed on the latest announcement, which is fine.

I was thinking that they would have update the phone script cuz its been a thing for awhile now, but yeah I'm still excited for the new economy update. 

9 hours ago, ZaE said:

I also fear that the gun update isn’t going to have drastic affect towards police officers and they won’t really have to deal with any recoil or jamming because..they’re legal, 

Or.... just maybe it's because they go through extensive firearms training to learn how to shoot and handle recoil unlike all these teenage chris kyle wannabe's, & their service weapons are serviced by the station quartermaster before and after each shift?

17 minutes ago, ZaE said:

the gta:w forums are 70% gang rp slander

They really hate on gang roleplay for no valid reason. In their view, every gang roleplayer is a fourteen year old who goes around robbing and shooting the whole server. It's so corny. And now they put even more constraints on gang roleplayers.

Edited by Dunc
1 minute ago, Dunc said:

They really hate on gang roleplay for no valid reason. In their view, every gang roleplayer is a fourteen year old who goes around robbing and shooting the whole server. It's so corny. And now they put even more constraints on gang roleplayers.

Because it's been a genuine issue for months now & if you cant see that then I honestly dont know what to tell you. Gang RP has evolved into a giant DM fest lately & there's no denying it.

2 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Or.... just maybe it's because they go through extensive firearms training to learn how to shoot and handle recoil unlike all these teenage chris kyle wannabe's, & their service weapons are serviced by the station quartermaster before and after each shift?

Okay? You say this as like every cop is a god tier aimer, the recoil update is going to put restrictions on every minor rper without knowing their story, maybe an OG takes them out shooting, maybe the minor grew up around guns in blaine county and is a hunter with his fire, this restriction limits shit and acts like every kid in the world can't shoot, I learned how to shoot a weapon when I was 15, I'm 19 going on twenty in a few months now, does this mean every child in the world can aim a pistol, no. But adding some RPG life restriction just makes it corny imo. It's a video game, if people have been playing shooters for a long time they are going to be good at shooting, you can't stop that, but if you're gonna add restrictions and restraints to one side of the community, add it to the other.