Rule 6 - Removing under 16s

Coburn

Oh damn, that's a blast from the past lol. The same discussion happened back in 2018, when there were a couple people who were RP'ing "12 year old" characters who "looked very mature" and who kept hitting on LEOs all the time. I'll let you guess how that ended (very creepily). :x  

In any case, most RP you can do as a 16 yo, you can also do as an 18 yo anyway. Most of the reasons in favor of allowing 16yo chars would work perfectly if the character was eighteen (or even 20 sometimes). 😕 So I'm not sure why we keep this huge and recurring source of problems. There is very little to gain and very much to lose, by allowing it.

3 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

+1

You can’t hide behind the shield of ‘character development’ & relate to how RL gangs work when there is an epidemic of cop killing 13-14 year olds who are 6’+ and somehow as strong as super boy and able to outfight fully grown adult males.

Just simply punish those that R.P. those characters in an unrealistic manner. The ratio of those players are minimal compared to those that actually develop them properly. The "Cop killing" epidemic is over-exaggerated when it only represents a small percentage of those that RP as minors. 

8 hours ago, Coburn said:

Why is gangRP? Just F2B your 12-17 years and start at 18.

So, you believe that members should automatically create a character, on day one, and become a member of the Mafia, as-well? Should people also become a full-fledged patched member of an MC as soon as they create their character, as-well? How about the LSPD? Should every one automatically attain their membership without undergoing any development? This is pretty much the proposal, here.

I'm seeing a "Throw all development out of the window and just hand people their roles", which misrepresents the intentions of this Heavy R.P. server.

13 hours ago, Allantrist said:

I 100% support this as a LEO role-player and been hit on numerous times by disgusting 13 to 15 year old characters. 

If we can't come up with an agreement for this then I'd like to see a rule against underage characters being allowed to hit on characters over the age of 18.

There is one, though... re-read the rule on "Pedophilia". 

They call it "Suggestive Pedophilia".

42 minutes ago, Phased said:

I feel really bad for your mothers, as you two must have come out the womb as full blown adults if you're not aware that kids chat the biggest amount of shit, and teenage boys catcalling grown women is a very regular thing in real life, even if a lot of it is quiet, the vocal ones who think they are the utter shit (aka, kids who are a part of a fucking actual gang) will not see a single issue doing it loud and proud.  

Just because a teenage boy shouts out to a woman to suck him off, doesn't mean the woman has to do it, and it most certainly doesn't make it flirting.  It's an ego thing and not one of these teenage boys doing it expects the grown police woman to actually respond in a positive manner to what they say.

I literally don't believe that most of these people live in the U.S. or were grown around teenagers, at this rate. Not even attempting to be toxic with this discussion.

To even read "Having kids in a world where there's violence and ERP" just amazes me... that's what teens are exposed to, every day, and I'm not advocating for teen ERP. 

Were these people really sheltered, all their lives, from the real world?

EDIT: Even in Europe and other parts of the world, you have teens undergoing similar issues. From Chavs & Roadman in England, to Gopniks in Russia to gangstas in the slums of the Caribbean. So, this just doesn't make any sense, whatsoever. I'm really trying to find out WHERE these people get these weird ideas of how teens function. Even in the most privileged parts of the world, there's these issues... I've heard of violence in private Catholic schools, FFS...

The only MAJOR issue that I can really observe is the idea that you have 14 year-olds RPing as "6'2 and muscular". The cop-killing issue? Unrealistic, but over-exaggerated. Every thing else? Just foolish arguments.

Edited by DLimit
1 hour ago, Phased said:

I feel really bad for your mothers, as you two must have come out the womb as full blown adults if you're not aware that kids chat the biggest amount of shit, and teenage boys catcalling grown women is a very regular thing in real life, even if a lot of it is quiet, the vocal ones who think they are the utter shit (aka, kids who are a part of a fucking actual gang) will not see a single issue doing it loud and proud.  

Just because a teenage boy shouts out to a woman to suck him off, doesn't mean the woman has to do it, and it most certainly doesn't make it flirting.  It's an ego thing and not one of these teenage boys doing it expects the grown police woman to actually respond in a positive manner to what they say.

I feel bad for your parents, having raised a kid like that who sees nothing wrong with catcalling. As for talking shit, that's just called bad parenting, which I'm guessing is what led to you thinking it's OK.

Edited by Coburn
Just now, Coburn said:

I feel bad for your parents, having raised a kid like that who sees nothing wrong with catcalling. As for talking shit, that's just called bad parenting, which I'm guessing is what led to you thinking it's OK.

And thank god you mentioned that she didn't have to do it, was gonna flash my tits and suck off a 12 y/o on my trash routes because they told me to.

What a reach, that's impressive.

What I'm saying is that teenagers catcall girls.   Acting like it's some alien concept cause y'all spent your teenage years pretending to be lesbian women on the internet has you all fucked up if you think this doesn't happen a lot in real life.

2 minutes ago, Coburn said:

Never good to mix IC with OOC. People's characters don't reflect their actual OOC selves... or, at least, it shouldn't be.

• Coburn changed the title to Rule 6 - Removing under 16s