The current state of businesses

Amellis

First I want to clarify I don't aim to make an argument and I hope it doesn't happen, I'm just curious.

I've been totally off the business part for a long while but I still noticed how rare it is to catch them open, given the crazy growth of players we've had. A year ago, if you wanted to do something related to a business (Coffee, Ice cream, even parts shops, custom item stores) you could get it done in a few days tops, now people argue they can't even modify their vehicles.

I'm not including your typical 2-4 nightclubs open at once late on the day, which also has been affected, but it's probably the most active part of the business scene.

Businesses being of interest to both money grinders (which shouldn't exist in a RP server but that's another topic) and legal / illegal rpers, I really don't understand why this is the case. What's happening? Why don't they open more often? I personally know of some that haven't opened in months, and it's a long list.

Edited by Amellis

Personally, I've found my biggest gripe/issue is the fact that /bad to get a blip on the map is hidden behind a paywall. I've never really liked the idea however it was/is a must for people to know that your business is open, I just wish there was some compromise of if you have X amount of hours online that week you can have access to the /bad command without the paywall. 

I open  my business nowhere near as much as I used to but its mainly down to the affordability of gold donator, if I can afford it that month then realistically I can't open the business properly as nobody will know its open without a /bad. Only those who spot the /ad will know its open.

1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

How about we give non-donators the ability to post business ads that ad a gps marker in the /ads menu, but not a blip on the map? 

Or just accept that donator comes with a lot of other good stuff so we should just remove /bad from donator packages and give it to businesses.

Just now, mj2002 said:

You already know that's going to be denied.

Fair enough if its denied its denied, but the activity of businesses isn't going to change. The blip on the map for businesses should be based on that character having X amount of hours on the server that week, then those players who are active with that character and open their business are rewarded for that activity. Having 10hours a week on that character would be more than sufficient to grant access to the blip on the map.