Has Los Santos turned into the city of crime?

Farmer

7 hours ago, Zach.. said:

Im not sure what legal roleplayers are supposed to do now a days when gangs have taken root in noticeably every part of the city. You literally cannot go for a walk as a female anywhere without getting robbed. If you dont see an issue with that then I dunno what to tell you.

bruh why you bringing gender into this 🥵

14 hours ago, Codac said:

Serious question, do people that use iGhoul know how absolutely wacky and stupid they look to most of the server population, or do they just not care? Like, there's a good amount of server mods you could use instead, why choose to mod some gang shit over designer t-shirts?

They outright don’t care. 

I’ve kindly asked a couple of them in /b to fix their torso cause they had Bluetooth hands, instead I was met with: “idc go get the mods cuh”.  

so that about sums up the OOC mentality!

16 hours ago, voucher said:

It seems that there’s so many people on this thread that forget this is a video game. Yes, it’s serious roleplay but there isn’t ever going to be a realistic crime rate. When people choose to go kill someone they aren’t going to thing of a crime rate or whatever, it’s just going to happen. People think from their perspective. The murder rate is higher than Mogadishu because quite frankly, it’s a fucking Grand Theft Auto server with probably around 2k concurrent players, many of whom play as criminals. 

If you get robbed by someone on a motor bike in mirror park, that isn’t a general problem about the city or the server, it’s just blatantly bad roleplay. I’ve been robbed only a handful of times in over a year on a variety of characters.  A lot of it’s also an IC issue because of gang/mob wars in the city. The murder rate in IRL LA is skyrocketing as we speak. There’s also a lot of (definitely not all) LEO roleplayers who just call the coroners after a murder and don’t even bother to look into it. 

because a small portion of players seem to be extremely selective in the realism they want in the server, this was evident whenever minorly inconvenient features were suggested and people argued against them because they were "too rpg", this is the player interaction version of that

on top of that it seems like the desire for realism among the same players is too demanding, as if they want this to be a 100% real life simulator to forget that it's a game and they can't completely live out their fantasies on it

i even believe that the frequency of robberies is blown out of proportion, i was the perfect target when i played again after two years because i did taxiing for two months and there's no rules against calling taxis and robbing them, i got robbed/kidnapped twice, got one voided for poor rp - i had things to complain about but crime wasn't really one of them, i've also done regular civilian activity on my main or alts (walks, jogging, going to bars, cycling) and again, my issues were always to do with civilians and poor rp rather than being approached by any criminals (not that they don't exist)

i'm really not sure if people want crime to exist but only if it doesn't inconvenience them, or if they want it gone completely, and if the "poor portayal" argument is an excuse for "i hate losing my things" (speculation)

23 hours ago, Sush said:

Los Santos has a higher death rate per capita than some World War 2 battles so this might actually be the case

EDIT:

I'm bored as hell so here's some math for you:

The total number of murders per month this spring were approximately:

Jan: 1100

Feb: 850

Mar: 1400

Apr: 1250

This is a quarterly average of: 1,150 murders per month this spring

The player count for the same time was: (On average, based on compounded monthly average of 10 minute intervals)

Jan: 326.87

Feb: 315.82

Mar: 364.44

Apr: 449.28

This equates to an overall quarterly average player count of 364.1025

If we account for a 30 day month, we can then conclude that the average number of murders per day (1,150 / 30) comes out to 38.3334 murders per day in a city with an average population of 364. 

This then implies that 10.531% of the entire city is murdered every day. This comes out to a murder rate of 3,843,864.47. For perspective, the highest murder rate in the world currently is El Salvador with a rate of 52.02. Therefore, living in San Andreas results in a 72,892 times higher murder rate than El Salvador. In Los Santos, assuming you play every day, you will be killed by another player on average 38.43 times per year.

Sources:

This is awesome.

I'm I'd love to play with the variables a little bit more and run the same stats if we take CK's as the murder rate for example... or base the population of LS on total number of characters created rather than taking the population being so low. 

I do love these crime stats though. 

Yes. We have dozens of LEOs murdered every year, hundreds of homicides, on a population of 1000. Always has been.

The issue is with people wanting the server to be a copy paste of LA when the city is 100 times deadlier. The laws and your personal rights would be severely stricter if this was real life.

On 8/20/2021 at 9:02 AM, Farmer said:

Hey,

Recently I have discovered that there are more and more groups/gangs appearing in the city of Los Santos. However, not only in the low-end areas, such as Davis, El Burro Heights, but also in areas such as East Vinewood. Is there still a single area that is known to be as a crime-less? Has Los Santos been taken over by crime groups?

Bruh you ever been to LA?

6 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Yes. We have dozens of LEOs murdered every year, hundreds of homicides, on a population of 1000. Always has been.

The issue is with people wanting the server to be a copy paste of LA when the city is 100 times deadlier. The laws and your personal rights would be severely stricter if this was real life.

Civil rights and personal rights are emulating real life... im confused by this

Just now, Farmer said:

Have you? I don't think it matters anyhow if one was there or not lmao

Yes I have and its chaos. As are most American cities that are that big. We do a pretty good job with a ratio of gangs and organizations. Drive-bys may occur once or twice a day which is pretty realistic. As an American I can confidently say that its realistic and I think a lot europeans fail to understand that.