Change character names to specific IDs

Narco

Short description: Remove names above heads and switch it to specific IDs

Detailed description: I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this, but we need to speak about the elephant in the room. The mass metagaming due to character names, we all see it, players drive and reverse next to your car to see your name then drive off, and also use it in situations to prevent being killed or to overall metagame. If we change nametags to specific ID's like in MASK (Mask3134_31) , and then create a command such as /showname ID or something similar which would then allow your name to pop up for that specific person as they would know you due to the fact you allowed them / icly told them your name. I'm not sure if this is entirely possible although this will highly prevent metagaming and make character customization matter more as players will be paying more attention to characteristics of players. I cant see one single problem with this idea besides the obvious people that enjoy metagaming. (Obviously admins would be able to see everyone's name)

Commands to add:  /showname or /tellname 

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? Massively reduce metagaming, promote roleplay as well as character customization and details.

Additional information: 

There isn't a need for this. If someone Metagames knowing your name, then compile evidence for a Player Report. From what I'm aware, we already cannot do "*Describes Firstname_Surname* because that's a form of Metagaming here as well. That's as far as it needs to go, as far as I'm concerned. 

Group RP will be a pain in the ass, and it'll just look stupid to people outside of the group.

** John Appleton looks at Cindy Pearson and smiles. **

Lucy Grapeseed is going to be confused as to who the hell Cindy Pearson is.

I've not come across a situation where a situation like this could possibly benefit anyone.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Aquila said:

Group RP will be a pain in the ass, and it'll just look stupid to people outside of the group.

** John Appleton looks at Cindy Pearson and smiles. **

Lucy Grapeseed is going to be confused as to who the hell Cindy Pearson is.

I've not come across a situation where a situation like this could possibly benefit anyone.

That's why a command gets implemented such as /showname, so that people you know are able to have your name above your head, it's really simple as that. 

I had an idea like this a few years ago, but for SA-MP. I like it, although it would need to force people to never be able to customize their char again other than tattoos or haircuts so they can be described or remembered even if their name isn't known. Such a feature would be too hardcore for the current standards around here, though.

Edited by -MCV-
3 hours ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

That's why a command gets implemented such as /showname, so that people you know are able to have your name above your head, it's really simple as that. 

The point I was making that if there are more than two people in a group, then it gets complicated.

Let's say Person A, Person B, and Person C all know each other, and along comes Person D, who knows nobody. 

When A, B, and C, are addressing each other in /me, D will have absolutely no idea who is who. This is just going to overcomplicate something that isn't an issue.