Buff the SMG damage

Westen

Short description: Buff the damage of the SMG / MP5.

Detailed description: As it stands, the SMG / MP5 is one of the worst guns in the game. It does barely any damage, and a pistol can kill you faster. This has been compounded by the nerf to damage at range, rendering it effectively useless against any other weapon. The MP5 is a good gun that can be used in a lot of situations - mainly things such as CQB and say for example where you are entering a confined space, such as boarding a boat.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? There would be another effective weapon in play which would be useful for both illegal and legal groups.

Additional information: Prior to the nerf, the SMG did less damage than a combat pistol. If this is buffed, please don't revert it to its old damage.

On 6/28/2021 at 6:17 AM, Westen said:

The MP5 is a good gun that can be used in a lot of situations - mainly things such as CQB and say for example where you are entering a confined space.

No. You already answered your own question here. It has a high rate of fire and a large magazine. Don't use it like a rifle that's what rifles are for.

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

No. You already answered your own question here. It has a high rate of fire and a large magazine. Don't use it like a rifle that's what rifles are for.

Its rate of fire is barely higher than the carbine rifle. The magazine is the same size as any other rifle in the game. Even with the slightly higher fire rate, its TTK is nowhere near the carbine rifle's, even at super close range. It is even outshined by pistols in TTK.

As such, if it isn't buffed, it might as well be removed, since it's simply useless when the carbine rifle can be used instead - which is largely what has happened. No one uses it, since even a pistol is a better option as most any pistol has a lower TTK than the SMG as is, especially with well-placed shots.

Which, sure, maybe mimics IRL a bit as most people would probably just use a SBR instead of an SMG at this point in technology, but it'd be nice to have more options in-game regardless. 

On 6/29/2021 at 11:10 PM, JustAnM43 said:

Not everyone wants to spam full auto like a dipshit though. There's this thing called REALISM people quite like, right? 

I might be wrong here but isn't that the whole purpose of smaller firearms? Small caliber for a smaller recoil so automatic fire is a viable option.

Carbines? Okay I'll buy that one, they're fine for semi-automatic use.

In my opinion the damage reduction over range did nothing but ruin gunplay, it needs a rework but not this one.

Pump-shotguns and tasers take 10 head-shots to kill. Yes. Shotguns do as much damage as tasers. (tested with body armor)

PS: Start RPing during shootouts! A shot to the knee is enough to put a grown man down and crying!

Edited by Amellis
18 minutes ago, Amellis said:

I might be wrong here but isn't that the whole purpose of smaller firearms? Small caliber for a smaller recoil so automatic fire is a viable option.

Carbines? Okay I'll buy that one, they're fine for semi-automatic use.

In my opinion the damage reduction over range did nothing but ruin gunplay, it needs a rework but not this one.

Pump-shotguns and tasers take 10 head-shots to kill. Yes. Shotguns do as much damage as tasers. (tested with body armor)

PS: Start RPing during shootouts! A shot to the knee is enough to put a grown man down and crying!

Smaller caliber doesn't really mean smaller recoil. Hell, take the MAC-10 for example. It's a pretty shit example but let's say you wanna rock someone's shit. High rate of fire, it'll kick all over the place. Automatic fire is a viable option but most people prefer semi auto for the grouping and to be more accurate. Most cops IRL won't rock automatic fire unless absolutely necessary. They'll mostly always keep their shit stuck on semi automatic. Or the Vector. High rate of fire mostly means you're gonna be struggling to control the recoil. But the point is, most cops/army will just not use automatic fire. You're expanding too much ammo and it's not accurate. If you're suppressing someone? Absolutely, sure. But most people are gonna rock semi automatic.

• Wuhtah locked this topic