What do you think about the playerbase?

9inches

3 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

That wouldn't have anything to do with gang affiliations and constantly hanging around 5-10 other armed people, would it?

Unfortunately for the rest of us, this has been an ongoing issue.

gtawmmo3.png

Whether I've RP'd as a gang-banger, a drunk Native, a homeless person, or a psychic standing on the sidewalk, I've only been robbed once in the past year. Whether they were aggressive, passive, innocent, intimidating etc... only been robbed once in the past year.

Then again, I've never dressed rich or drove a fancy car on those four characters. Thus, maybe that's a reason. Or, maybe it's because these characters interacted with the local sets in a friendly manner to not be targeted. Who knows?

Edited by DLimit
1 minute ago, DLimit said:

Whether I've RP'd as a gang-banger, a drunk Native, a homeless person, or a psychic standing on the sidewalk, I've only been robbed once in the past year. Whether they were aggressive, passive, innocent, intimidating etc... only been robbed once in the past year.

That's an incredibly broad statement that doesn't tell us anything - for all we know, you play with a gang 95% of the time and the 5% you stepped out of that zone, you got robbed. It also doesn't invalidate the experiences of many other players who're harassed regularly.

"I've only been robbed once" adds nothing to the conversation. The streets are empty because of the absurd crime and murder rates that far outpace any known civilization - never mind staff have evidently decided that worrying about your location isn't a thing any more.

Just now, Smilesville said:

That's an incredibly broad statement that doesn't tell us anything - for all we know, you play with a gang 95% of the time and the 5% you stepped out of that zone, you got robbed. It also doesn't invalidate the experiences of many other players who're harassed regularly.

"I've only been robbed once" adds nothing to the conversation. The streets are empty because of the absurd crime and murder rates that far outpace any known civilization - never mind staff have evidently decided that worrying about your location isn't a thing any more.

I don't play as a gang 95% of the time. 

If people interacted with the illegal community, more frequently, as potential allies, friends, or consumers, then maybe they wouldn't be targeted during robberies. My psychic character provided impoverished youth with spiritual readings and would treat them like family, causing her to be never targeted when walking the streets of Davis or Rancho as a "civilian" character that doesn't conceal-carry a firearm.

I just believe that people over-exaggerate the claim that they get robbed every single day. 

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Devastante said:

Yo man, you don't know what empty is. I remember back in the day we were lucky to hit 200 players, and it would drop to 50 or below during off times. So if you think this is dead you haven't been around very long. The city is BUMPING.

I used to play here back in the days aswell, but left because of toxicism. Now I see there's a problem with the crime rate lol

2 minutes ago, 9inches said:

I used to play here back in the days aswell, but left because of toxicism. Now I see there's a problem with the crime rate lol

A fellow OG! Whats up man! haha. I've been away for 9months and just came back last week so I honestly have no idea about the crime rate. I think in my 800 hours on the server i've been robbed like twice? maybe? I ran a used car dealership so spent like 99.99% of my time standing outside in a parking lot.

Edited by Devastante
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, DLimit said:

I don't play as a gang 95% of the time. 

If people interacted with the illegal community, more frequently, as potential allies, friends, or consumers, then maybe they wouldn't be targeted during robberies. My psychic character provided impoverished youth with spiritual readings and would treat them like family, causing her to be never targeted when walking the streets of Davis or Rancho as a "civilian" character that doesn't conceal-carry a firearm.

I just believe that people over-exaggerate the claim that they get robbed every single day. 

"The robberies will continue until morale improves."

or alternatively

"You're a loot box until you seem like a potential asset."

Great message. Yeah, I'm sure other people will be lining up to prove themselves, but I'll stick to interiors, thanks.

How has this already turned into an anti-robbery thread?

The maps huge, people don’t always roleplay outside for reasons INCLUDING robberies, but also because there’s a good portion of players that only get in game when there’s a club opening or there’s some form of event; so you’d never see them out and about anyway.

I’ll be honest in real life I don’t just hang around outside random storefronts & random houses 24/7. If I’m going out it’s usually to be at some form of establishment or at a park or something.

4 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

"The robberies will continue until morale improves."

or alternatively

"You're a loot box until you seem like a potential asset."

Great message. Yeah, I'm sure other people will be lining up to prove themselves, but I'll stick to interiors, thanks.

Don't blame robberies, then, as they aren't as prevalent as people make it to be. 

If one is a local in an area that is infested with gangs, then one should try to be on good terms with them. It's common sense, and exists in the real world. People won't be robbed if they are on good terms with the local sets. If one would rather stay inside than to R.P. with people outside of their O.O.C. social group, then so be it.

Met tons of people that haven't been robbed when RPing as locals, as-well. It only seems to be an issue for a certain group of people.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1

the playerbase is in a really decent state when it comes to the numbers. when it comes to actual roleplay quality there's way too many mallrats and shitters. majority of gang roleplay sucks & you're more alike to see somebody rping some 1970s shit than proper modern-day gangbanging. white roleplay (white gangs) are in a really decent state right now and it's the only strength of the server. lssd is also pretty good.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Don't blame robberies, then, as they aren't as prevalent as people make it to be. 

If one is a local in an area that is infested with gangs, then one should try to be on good terms with them. It's common sense, and exists in the real world. People won't be robbed if they are on good terms with the local sets. If one would rather stay inside than to R.P. with people outside of their O.O.C. social group, then so be it.

Met tons of people that haven't been robbed when RPing as locals, as-well. It only seems to be an issue for a certain group of people.

Yes, they are. I don't know why you'd be so intent on obfuscating the issue unless you participate in them - but I'm sure you'd never.

Let's not pretend this is localized either - the same shitters who drove all the way up to Paleto to go rob hunters in a forest are the people who'll rob you in Richman, the docks, or anywhere else you happen to be.

To say "this is only a problem for people who don't RP with gangs" is asinine.