New factions should HAVE to go through Unofficial Groups first

Goonbag

Unofficial groups have been brought in, in order to assess the roleplay of a group before they are considered for Official Faction status. This process should be the same for ALL new factions in order to create a fair and transparent platform amongst the server. This would allow all factions to be held to the same standard and have to prove their worth before gaining official status, as well as removing any perception of bias or favouritism from IFM.

By allowing some factions to skip this process gives them an unfair advantage over other unofficial groups, especially when they have not had to showcase any examples of roleplay. You are essentially giving these new official factions the power to CK other unofficial groups who may have already been established for a few months should they get into conflict, without any prior examples of roleplay quality or faction portrayal. Just because a certain player who creates the faction request thread has been a good roleplayer in the past, or has OOC clout, does not mean that the faction will be an asset to the community. 

Why have a vetting process in place if you’re going to skip it? It’s like allowing someone to hire a car without asking for their license because they told you they’re a truck driver. 

EDIT: This was not aimed at anyone who was recently made official, just something that has been on my mind for a couple of weeks. 

Edited by Goonbag
  • Upvote 10

Great idea. 

While I was applying for official status, I heard all these horror stories of faction that had literally been waiting for months with their thread up in "Submit your faction". Thankfully, it only took around 14-21 days for my faction to get approved.

How can we make sure of what goes on in there? How can we prevent staff bias? How can we make sure someone who staff doesn't like applies for official, and IFM just ignores him? How can we know that an official faction applied and got their approval within one day because they were IFM's buddies?

"Submit your faction" needs to be removed, everyone should stick to unofficial groups, and IFM can choose from there.

Edited by Santanaa
  • Upvote 1
  • Gore locked this topic