Why would your character want this?

I mean, what question is that? Let's take a look at what we have here. A character fulfills conditions to say  own a car...let's say Itali GTO. Is it really important, why a character want that car? They have money for it, social status perhaps...actual background and business to back up their selection financially. Like of course a supermarket shift supervisor wouldn't own it anyhow, but how about a successul real estate mogul. Is it really important why they want a house on the beach and such car? Cause they can. 

If the financials and background of the character support it, then idk whats a big deal about getting it.

Obviously, if you're RPing a poor gangmember in South Central and having 400k purely as script money to support RP, don't buy a supercar.

Specificly ''wanting'' however.. why should anyone care what my character wants? 😛

My character Ara wants to sportscar and a decent living, but she can't afford it as shes from a lower-class area.

Have people literally asked you ''why'' you character ''wants'' something?

Sounds like people judging your RP, which you should never listen to unless they're an admin or bring valid points 😉 

Wanting =/= Getting

I assume you're talking about some special request you put in for a car or house not usually available?  In that case it's probably just to make you show some effort in why you should have it (over somebody else who would also like it).

5 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

I assume you're talking about some special request you put in for a car or house not usually available?  In that case it's probably just to make you show some effort in why you should have it (over somebody else who would also like it).

That too, my issue is, what effort they expect, apart from the usual. My character likes the design of the car, it's sound or horsepower, or whatever, they just want it. I am not joining the PD  to be asked why should they accept my application right?

3 hours ago, Engelbert said:

That too, my issue is, what effort they expect, apart from the usual. My character likes the design of the car, it's sound or horsepower, or whatever, they just want it. I am not joining the PD  to be asked why should they accept my application right?

To avoid mallrat racers applying for fast cars to go evade in them. Most of these things have been put in check as a 'background' check for the vehicles, and it doesn't really take that much effort to describe why they should let you have a car. IE it being a money sink, improving your characters social status w/e. It's not a big hassle.

Quality over quantity. Simple. If they let people have things “just because they want it”, this server would be a complete joke. We already have the issue of people buying things like cars that make no sense. This is a quality control check to ensure a standard is being met. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic