Advertisements UI & Full rework of the system

Entity

10 minutes ago, Entity said:

The problem is that adverts should not be invasive and it should not be intended design. They're not invasive right now either - lots of people simply toggle adverts altogether. They're extremely disturbing when trying to role-play and they do ruin the immersion in lots of situations

Being shot at interrupts my rp and is also allowed so yes, I do think the invasive character of ads is not just intended, but necessary, and in fact toggling should be removed too. It's not like you could remove all commercials from your sight irl, regardless of how much you dislike them.

We don't have AD's in front of our eyes or literally screaming at us all the time, especially not while we're trying to have a chill conversation with someone at a bar or cafe. You can ignore them, you don't have to see them. There are tools to avoid them. They will still find their way to your life, of course, but they won't make it THAT invasive.

Queues will be way too long, there is no way to prevent them from being long but there is another option for that. Right now, you can only get a business blip if you're gold donator or above, which is fair so instead of making blips an AD type of thing, we could make blips something seperate such as openbusiness type of thing. So whenever a gold donator or above opens their business, their blip would be automatically up and they wouldn't have to post advertisements unless something special going on. This is one way to divert ads, reduce their numbers so that queues would be much shorter.

Why not make a system in the phone as a application that you need to open to see Ad's like Selling vehicles ETC maybe make subcategories.

For places like restaurants and clubs another app like What to do in LS or something similar I absolutely hate my screen being green most of the times during roleplay missing people's Me's or voice lines I don't think we need a green text popping on our screens every three minutes. If person is looking to buy a certain car he could like search for it in the app on the phone or type in keywords also...it could save ads that are active.

For example I post an ad about selling Sultan and until I log off that ad could be in the database like so you don't have to spam your ads just post it once who needs it will find it. Or something similar.

5 hours ago, Van said:

We don't have AD's in front of our eyes or literally screaming at us all the time, especially not while we're trying to have a chill conversation with someone at a bar or cafe. You can ignore them, you don't have to see them. There are tools to avoid them. They will still find their way to your life, of course, but they won't make it THAT invasive.

Out of curiousity: Do you live at a place on your own? Did you ever look into the letter box? Do you have a sticker there saying  "No advertisements" on it?

Those are the tools we have irl against ads, and adblocker for electronic devices.

And of course trashcans to toss the physical ones in.

You mistake the here existent scriptwise possibility to avoid ads with not noticing them (something that can happen ingame too if you just , well, ignore them rather than to complain at each and every single one it interrupts your rp).

Chill conversation in a cafe? Radio or TV is running in the background 99%. With commercial breaks.

Driving in your car? Besides the radio you might also have there's the always present posters and billboards in the streets.

Leaving the house in the morning? You better not check your mail, better not read any newspaper- ads everywhere!🤪

Subconsciously glossing over them is not avoiding them, dedicatedly tossing them aside is neither.

Edited by knppel

Please, NO queues. I'm pretty sure Nervous himself has rejected that idea, which makes sense because that would be chaos for the server. Placing a queue would be like the already scuffed house break-in system where you wait hours at one point just to break into a house to steal $100 worth of drugs. Imagine placing an ad in the queue, then its been in queue for so long you go roleplay elsewhere and all of a sudden the ad you already forgotten about is up next while you're in the middle of vital roleplay, getting spam calls and text or what have you.

• Upvote 2

I like the current system. I wouldn't go out of my way to check advertisements every 5 minutes and so would definitely miss out on roleplay opportunities or an asset being listed for sale. The current system allows for things to catch your eye.

If anything just make a way to toggle the adverts from appearing in your chat and then a command to display them all later if that's the only concern.

3 minutes ago, Nervous said:

We need to find a system that is still visible. No one will open an advertisement browser except 10 players out of 1000 online.

This being said could it be a phone app maybe? I know its still behind a browser.. but it could work?