The truck robbery overhaul 1.0

joaoivis

9 hours ago, joaoivis said:

I just think this won't hurt the amount of truck robberies in any ways since they already happen. It will just change the way of income, people will need to be creative to make money with truck robberies and not just grab 5k from a players wallet.

What is stopping your average shit quality robber from not only grabbing 5k from the trucker and all their items plus their payload / crates? 

The idea itself isn't too bad, but unfortunately, there is too much space for abuse from any side regardless whether it is the robber, trucker or simply unaffiliated individuals that have never had anything to do with trucking but grab some crates at the docks for a quick buck / items. It would need a lot of work to put up such system in first place, then heavy moderation or additional rules and someone would still find loopholes for the sake of that e-$$$. Not to mention the bigger incentive for already fairly common robberies on truckers due to the trucking Script forcing them to carry cash on hand. 

5 hours ago, orca112 said:

What is stopping your average shit quality robber from not only grabbing 5k from the trucker and all their items plus their payload / crates? 

The idea itself isn't too bad, but unfortunately, there is too much space for abuse from any side regardless whether it is the robber, trucker or simply unaffiliated individuals that have never had anything to do with trucking but grab some crates at the docks for a quick buck / items. It would need a lot of work to put up such system in first place, then heavy moderation or additional rules and someone would still find loopholes for the sake of that e-$$$. Not to mention the bigger incentive for already fairly common robberies on truckers due to the trucking Script forcing them to carry cash on hand. 

Read the suggestion again if you can. Anyway, there is loopholes for everything and the report section is right there. It's impossible to make a game rulebreak free. I've sent this to people that do trucking and they don't see a problem with it, because they will get robbed in one way or the other, it's just a more creative way to make money while doing that and it is completely connected to what happens in real life.

2 hours ago, joaoivis said:

Read the suggestion again if you can. Anyway, there is loopholes for everything and the report section is right there. It's impossible to make a game rulebreak free. I've sent this to people that do trucking and they don't see a problem with it, because they will get robbed in one way or the other, it's just a more creative way to make money while doing that and it is completely connected to what happens in real life.

Bro again idk who you message with but me as a trucker I've never been robbed neither once and I really challenge you bad illegal roleplayers kids to even try I'll make you become swiss cheese from bullet holes and just try to report me for fear rp. It's not creative because I have a good way to implement illegal rp with the trucking industry but the scripts that back up trucking are not good enough to make such a thing. You know oocly that truckers go around with high amount of money and this should be considered PG, the same way that a business owner sometimes goes around with a lot of money on hand since they can't transfer the money from the business bank to their own bank. If you want to have creative ways to make money roleplay it and don't ask for a script which will allow wannabe thugs to get free money getting almost nothing to backfire them.

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

most trucker robberies are extremely poorly roleplayed. They usually consist a copy and pasted "/me puts knife on throat." Then "/me runs XXX's pockets." "/b showitems" "/me takes the money and whatever else." "/b stop stalling or report"

Maybe if we uphold some sort of standard then this problem would be alleviated? Maybe give warnings and punishments for those who do poor roleplay?

1 minute ago, remolten said:

Maybe if we uphold some sort of standard then this problem would be alleviated? Maybe give warnings and punishments for those who do poor roleplay?

Admins already have to deal with a lot of bs and have to lose time on those things while they could work on something else. 

If this becomes another back and forth illegal roleplay vs legal roleplay, admins can close the thread. I already posted the suggestion, now it is up to the community and the admin team to decide, cheers.

If you have any concers about truck robbery roleplay feel free to report a player that is poor portraying a character, please leave this type of comment away from the thread and do not label all illegal roleplayers as a single group. 

Edited by joaoivis
25 minutes ago, joaoivis said:

If this becomes another back and forth illegal roleplay vs legal roleplay, admins can close the thread. I already posted the suggestion, now it is up to the community and the admin team to decide, cheers.

If you have any concers about truck robbery roleplay feel free to report a player that is poor portraying a character, please leave this type of comment away from the thread and do not label all illegal roleplayers as a single group. 

Bro it's a suggestion and myself and some others brought up concernes about this suggestion. (Nervous himself has his concernes) 

You didn't bring any major benefit to the table other than allowing for a better quality roleplay for illegal rpers (which again I press X to doubt) while we brought many concernes about people abusing this system. If for example a crew or group of people were to pull off multiple hits on trucks they could easily do it without getting in the robbery chain issue as every single person could rob 1 trucker. Plus your suggestion would benefit only illegal rpers without having you suggested anything that could benefit even the other part. 

In conclusion if your ego is too big to take constructive criticism then yeah lock the suggestion, but all I saw is that the majority of people who want this to be implemented have illegal chars and so its biased.

6 hours ago, SpritDodo said:

while they could work on something else. 

Care to give some insight on the other things they would rather be busy working on? Cause I find that poor roleplay is a big problem, especially in situations such as portrayal of character, and robberies on other players. If the Admins don't intervene and attempt to create a standard, then the problem will continue to persist.

Not trying to be ignorant, just curious...