Pharmacy Shop Script / drug item type

orca112

Short description: Add a pharmacy shop script with a selected section of (script) prescription drugs or the ability to create drug type items through unique item shop script or seperate pharmacy script.

Detailed description: Right now, I am running a pharmacy called 'Pop's Pills Pharmacy' under the unique item shop script. Whilst the pharmacy is laid out as a retail / community pharmacy, the script covers for most of the needs and items sold - low value items from hygiene products over medical appliance down to trivial things such as cotton swabs. All of these items can be created by using the unique item shop as is - basic food and goods.

When it comes down to over-the-counter and prescription medicine, however, the script comes to its limit. Similar to the below attached suggestion, you could create 20+ seperate food items, but not only the weight, but also lack of actual healing effects is missing. By adding either a new item type (pill/medicine/drug/tablet...) to the unique item script or a pharmacy shop script which covers for the creation of not only food / goods, but also prescription medicine, this could help in closing the gap and allow for actual medicine to be given to the customers when they come in with a prescription from a hospital or clinic, further enhancing the experience and also allowing for more roleplay around the dispensed drugs - instead of a singular food/goods item as X tablets/pills of a certain drug, it is the actual amount in pills / small weight/value items and can be split up, (il-)legally passed along, traded and stolen - allowing for a new market of prescription drugs outside of the "hard" illegal drugs brought into the eco-system through illegal faction suppliers.

Commands to add: /createdrug [type] [value] [name] OR addition to /createitem as item type -> medicine / drug / pills / tablets...

Items to add: General/common prescription drugs or drug/pill/tablet item type

How would your suggestion improve the server? As already mentioned above, this would open for a whole new market around prescription medicine, not only being a singular food / goods item, but medicine/pills/tablets that can be dispensed, used and abused, stolen and traded... basically opening a new market of prescription medicine aside from the "hard" illegal drugs that are brought to the economy through illegal faction suppliers.

Naturally, an interest in this market is not only given by criminal individuals, but also law enforcement and government institutions in investigating thefts and distribution of these prescription drugs - pushing for licensing, standarized handling and documentation of drug dispensary and backtracking stolen / lost prescription medicine. Your pharmacy surely would have an incentive to not be shut down by the government for dealing drugs under the counter...or at least not get caught doing so.

Of course, this idea of a pharmacy script / drug item types would need some sort of monitoring from LFM/IFM to ensure the market isn't flooded by 20 'shady' pharmacies crashing the market from one day to the other, but that is another topic.

Additional information: 

• Upvote 4

Similar idea can be attached to all kinds of consumables and such.  

I love the idea. I wish it was tied to a feature this RP server doesn't have (and knowing how the community is, probably never will) - actual "status bars" for health/thirst/food/physic.activity(stress), which would force people into RPing all sorts of things that relate to "upping these bars" and that can very well be connected to your idea. 

Too complex for 99% of the playerbase though. 😞

10 minutes ago, Carlos said:

love the idea. I wish it was tied to a feature this RP server doesn't have (and knowing how the community is, probably never will) - actual "status bars" for health/thirst/food/physic.activity(stress), which would force people into RPing all sorts of things that relate to "upping these bars" and that can very well be connected to your idea. 

Because we're not a RPG server. 

Very good idea. Like.

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

I know, right? Like.. the cars using fuel? Or the scripted money we get to buy things, it all should be roleplayed.

2 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

Open your eyes. I'll do an ELI5 to make sure you get my idea on a basic level and to keep it short, because this isn't the topic of this thread.

RP opportunities: 
Health: food places, kiosks/shops, medications

Thirst: food/drink places, bars, shops 

Food: food/drink places, bars, shops 

Stress: workouts/drugs

.. etc

Since there are no disadvantages for not taking care of "yourself" right now, it doesn't "force" people to do certain activities. By applying what I said, you're forced to take certain steps to better your character, which in return forces you into more RP + gives all these businesses and people in them more RP.

On 2/7/2021 at 6:41 PM, ThomasNoman said:

It's a good idea. However, nobody roleplays hygiene, and I, for one frankly, wouldn't go to a pharmacy store. Pharmacy stores are supposed to be opened all day IRL most of the times, and not that random guys will go to a pharmacy store when you /bad like it's a cafe.

what

having physical prescription drugs is far easier to keep track of them than memory, and has a huge benefit to roleplay. especially medical roleplay, where the lack of prescription is sorely missed

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Wuhtah locked this topic