Edit the property selling value formula

.George

That definitely sounds very easy to abuse. Keep in mind, there are some very expensive furniture objects ($5,000 or higher) in the script, and I fear that people will start finding ways to incorporate them into their mappings at excessive levels just to artificially increase the value of their properties. 

No from me.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Frezemis said:

I’m against this. I would suggest lowering it to x2 of the Market Price instead of the formula above and what we have now. As stated above we already have people selling for a huge amount.

Yeah the cap needs to be a little lower. People are major flipping houses with the current x3. 

• Upvote 1

You're all complaining about the prices of houses already being high like it's the fault of the seller... If the prices are high it's because people are willing to pay them. Desirable houses sell for the buyout in minutes.

It's not an issue of high prices it's supply vs demand, if you hamper the prices even more you're rarely going to see anything decent go up for sale. 

I support the suggestion so long as it's closely regulated with regards to the 'expensive' furniture being abused to artificially increase the price. 

1 hour ago, eMe said:

You're all complaining about the prices of houses already being high like it's the fault of the seller... If the prices are high it's because people are willing to pay them. Desirable houses sell for the buyout in minutes.

Completely agreed. I have purchased homes around 100k MP and a few months later people offered me $250,000+ without me even giving a price. What am I supposed to do, tell them no because it wouldn't be "realistic?"

If anything, the prices for homes are unrealistically low. Think about it, in LA the minimum wage is like $35,000/year while houses are millions of dollars (exaggerating but you get my point). Here, you can become a millionaire in a few weeks as a mechanic or trucker and buy so many ~$200k homes that the admins had to put a 2 property cap on it because people were going crazy buying homes.

At the end of the day, I understand that it's a videogame and people don't want to grind for hours to buy their character a home, so I agree with some cap on the property prices. But lowering the prices does NOT make any sense.

• Upvote 1

No if anything it should be changed to x2 Market Price + Mapping + (Script if a business) or Market Price + Mapping + (Script if a business).

Should've never been x3 for anything, it's too much. Far too many people have a stupid amount of wealth that they don't roleplay and are happy to pay $150K+ for a trailer in sandy shores or any other shit heap that should never come to that price, ever.

Edited by Jura

I think this would leave a lot of room for abuse. If you as a platinum donator and interior designer have 1000 slots available, you're most likely going to start attempting to fill all of those up. Imagine a 400 object property turning into a 1000 object property, the reason being 'complexity', the effect being huge lag and huge profits. I'm not an interior designer myself but I'm 100% sure that people would find ways to place small / expensive (or both) items that would drive up the furniture price so that they can get three times that back. While I do support the idea of not having a limit set on properties because that's way more realistic, I do understand the need to have one. It's simply not practical to let the market decide. We'd just have properties go for more and more and end up like LS-RP, selling a mansion for $95,000,000.

On 2/5/2021 at 7:00 PM, effion said:

No. Properties are sold at unrealistic prices as it is. I don't want to see people complain about paying 500k for a trailer in Sandy.

This drastically increases the price because there are often interiors with 50-60k furniture and even that makes a huge problem in price. As it is people sell properties for buy-out.

Something has to be done, though. The current system only fixed half of the problem - people are not selling lots of properties (especially in the county) because of the huge price they paid for them and the rule limitations forcing them to go for a massive loss. It makes sense, if you pay $500,000 for a trailer that you can now sell for $200,000, you'd much rather either hold on to it or wait and see when/if you'll be able to sell it for more once the rules are amended or removed. This is a huge problem - there's barely (if any) more unique properties available for sale around the map.

37 minutes ago, Entity said:

I think this would leave a lot of room for abuse. If you as a platinum donator and interior designer have 1000 slots available, you're most likely going to start attempting to fill all of those up. Imagine a 400 object property turning into a 1000 object property, the reason being 'complexity', the effect being huge lag and huge profits. I'm not an interior designer myself but I'm 100% sure that people would find ways to place small / expensive (or both) items that would drive up the furniture price so that they can get three times that back. While I do support the idea of not having a limit set on properties because that's way more realistic, I do understand the need to have one. It's simply not practical to let the market decide. We'd just have properties go for more and more and end up like LS-RP, selling a mansion for $95,000,000.

Something has to be done, though. The current system only fixed half of the problem - people are not selling lots of properties (especially in the county) because of the huge price they paid for them and the rule limitations forcing them to go for a massive loss. It makes sense, if you pay $500,000 for a trailer that you can now sell for $200,000, you'd much rather either hold on to it or wait and see when/if you'll be able to sell it for more once the rules are amended or removed. This is a huge problem - there's barely (if any) more unique properties available for sale around the map.

Property Management is open to your suggestions, as long as they make sense.