TV system - Flat Screen(s) and NEWS suggestion

Emmanuel_Lorras

10 hours ago, ThomasNoman said:

Yeah, the feature itself will be cool, but I, for one, wouldn't really watch TV OOCly because it's going to take forever for the broadcaster or whoever that narrates or talk to type in chat.

Not any longer than normal RP would. Ideally you'd have one person in charge of screen changes or whatever, one person for closed captions, etc. And that's only if it's live.

I don't know if it's possible to get the picture inside the TV frame like the suggestion seems to indicate, but the way the movie script works seems to indicate we might be able to pre-record videos and distribute them that way.

Edited by Smilesville

This is one of the few features I absolutely loved on LS-RP, their news system. Not many people like actually reading news but lots of people would love to watch them as they unfold. It'd be a great for both news factions and players and if this were the case, I'd jump into news RP this second.

I would like to suggest a modification to the suggestion - watching the news to be done in two different way (decided by the one who's using the IC command)

1. Watch a stream using the news script (if it was pre-recorded or it's being livestreamed) or
  2. Be able to spectate said player, like it was on LS-RP.

It would be way easier to ICly stream events as they unfold (without having to OOCly set up a livestream and link it) and it would also allow people whose computers are not good enough to both play and stream properly and it would literally be the same thing - on a livestream you'd see the same thing, the character from that player's perspective. You'd just cut out one step.

• 1 month later...

Great idea but there are some major bugs with the current script that may put the breaks on the suggestion for the foreseeable future. 

The biggest bug is the teleporting issue. So the more instances of the cinema script that exist on the server at the moment the more buggy it gets.

So at the moment two cinema scripts exist on the server Doppler and Vinewood Video. For example if i use the Doppler cinema script when exiting it sometimes i will be teleported to the Vinewood Video cinema (there is a teleport back to the Doppler in Vinewood Video because of this). If a third cinema script is added at for example 10 cent cinema the bugs get 10x worse and every time you leave the cinema menu youre randonly teleported to the location of random cinema script. So you could come out at the doppler or vinewood video or 10 cent.

If we used the script for houses at the moment when ever a player is done with watching something they will be teleported to a random house with the script. 

Also at the moment the script puts you in a duplicate interior when you enter the cinema menu so it can display the movie on the big screen. So that would be an issue. If i placed a cinema script in your house atm, using it would cause you to enter an interior just like Doppler Cinema Screen One. And everyones house is different so making a new interior for the house version isnt so easy because they dont all look the same.

When i used to run the Doppler a few years ago we had a different script back then. Instead of showing on the screen and sitting you down to watch the movie in an interior. It would bring a window up to the bottom right of your screen like a pop up window and the movie would display like that. This isnt as cool as seeing it on a real tv or cinema screen but it would be better for houses. 

And finally i dunno why but streaming does not work with the script or the old script. Youtube works but other sites dont. There are ways around this that we use to run movies at the cinema but there is a small bug. If you use your own website instead of youtube the videos arent "synced" time wise. 

So for example i play youtube intros at the Doppler, if you come in 2mins into an intro the script will load the video in sync with the time everyone else is watching at the time.

With our uploaded movies (copywrite reasons obviously cant use youtube for our movies) they work!! But for some reason these videos will not sync. So every time you exit and enter the script it will start the video from the beginning.