Tasers [G]

3 hours ago, Westen said:

Providing civilians with the stun gun in game? No thank you. How many private citizens do you see walking around with an X2 or an X26? Something hand held? Sure.

Well, the particular models you mention cost like $1200-$1500 so there are alot of cheaper alternatives?  However, it's nothing you can't just buy from a store. It's hardly like they're police issue only.

The reason I get from responses however is that it's entirely OOC though? 

3 hours ago, Westen said:

Providing civilians with the stun gun in game? No thank you. How many private citizens do you see walking around with an X2 or an X26? Something hand held? Sure.

For the record, it's legal in 48 states, including California. This goes for models like the X26 as well, so that's hardly an argument.

However due to the game mechanics of our current taser, I would only support security company guards to be able to equip/use them if they are on duty only (if that were script-wise possible). Ordinary civilians walking around with tasers in GTAW would be complete madness lol.

Edited by Sixty
27 minutes ago, Sixty said:

For the record, it's legal in 48 states, including California. This goes for models like the X26 as well, so that's hardly an argument.

However due to the game mechanics of our current taser, I would only support security company guards to be able to equip/use them if they are on duty only (if that were script-wise possible). Ordinary civilians walking around with tasers in GTAW would be complete madness lol.

Sure, but unless you're getting an off the books X26, most major taser retailers (e.g. AXON) will only provide to military/law enforcement/corrections etc right?

46 minutes ago, Westen said:

Sure, but unless you're getting an off the books X26, most major taser retailers (e.g. AXON) will only provide to military/law enforcement/corrections etc right?

Nope, you can buy them online. No permit required. Only states that restrict them from citizens are Hawaii and Rhode Island.

https://taser.com/products/taser-x26p-professional-series

https://taser.com/pages/state-requirements

Again for GTAW, I see the logic in being against it for civilians. I do however see a positive to allow security companies apply to get them from LFM or wherever they would come from. Heavy restriction to use only when on duty.

Edited by Sixty
  • Upvote 1