Turning off nametags with a command

Short description: Being able to type in a command to turn off commands

Detailed description: Some people may want to be able to turn off people's nametags in order to make the game more realistic, and to prevent MG. I think if we added a command like /tognametags to toggle people's nametags, it would make it easy for people to turn off nametags. 

Commands to add: /tognametags

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? Could prevent MG and could make it more realistic for people who wish to use it. 

Additional information:

On 1/23/2021 at 10:43 AM, Jura said:

How will it make the game more realistic to remove a name above someones head but have a huge text log in the upper right hand corner?

I don't see a reason to NOT add it, but claiming it adds more realism is not true, imo.

IMO it just helps prevent MG. Some players may be tempted to MG by seeing peoples nametags above their heads, and using this feature can just take away the nametags. Just a nice little command if people want to take advantage of it. 

12 minutes ago, SpeedOfThought said:

IMO it just helps prevent MG. Some players may be tempted to MG by seeing peoples nametags above their heads, and using this feature can just take away the nametags. Just a nice little command if people want to take advantage of it. 

But then if you're typing out a /me and you aren't able to see the name of the player you're interacting with, how're you going to imply you're interacting with them?

Either way, this seems like a harmless suggestion and I don't see oppose its introduction. The argument you've provided just seems a little strange.

• Wuhtah locked this topic