Add the Univ. of Los Santos to listed crime-free areas (safezones)

liq

Not supporting. Roleplay doesn’t have to fully revolve around crime, but making ULSA a crime-free zone just takes away from lots of roleplay from the students as well as others. Maybe adding a few limitations to crime in ULSA may be necessary if people commit major crimes there on a weekly basis, but otherwise it is perfectly fine.

Edited by tomatoz

This:

15 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

There has never been a school shooting on ULSA campus. While I'm at it, I would like to thank the community for not seeing this as a point to troll the server with, because I think every decent person here would know just how bad taste it would be.

I can't believe as the faction leader of ULSA, I'm the one speaking out in defense of illegal factions has to be the one to say this.

Reports of a school shooting last night are untrue, and did not happen.

I know it was dialled through to 911 as a shots fired, but it was not the illegal faction on site that fired the shots.

As for the increased presence of an illegal faction on campus, I am speaking to their faction leader and don't want to comment more on it right now because I'd much rather work it with him directly.

If you weren't at the scene directly, please don't comment on it as-if you know exactly what happened. Read what Alyssa said, that is the truth of the story.

Edited by Biscuit
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Sevataris said:

I don't see how being on scene is relevant to the suggestion at hand since it affects any future outcomes. It's simply unrealistic for certain scenarios to happen hence why this rule would do good.

Because the 8 people from Davis never shot at ULSA unlike how the suggestion suggests.

2 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

Because the 8 people from Davis never shot at ULSA unlike how the suggestion suggests.

It's about making ULSA a crime free zone, or as it's been discussed throughout the whole 5 pages, make it a semi safe zone where petty crimes and misdemeanor crimes are allowed. People shot students at ULSA before, people stabbed students at ULSA before, clearly the faction leadership and most of the people are not aware of it.

4 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

That was just an example that I said, trying to prove a point. But things as shooting and stabbing maybe didn't happen last night, but they happen often. 

11 hours ago, Redman. said:

Yes, to an extent. Definitely reserve active shooter/stabber, massive brawls, bomb threats, or anything of that caliber to "admin approval required."

Leave all others like drug dealing/substance abuse, small fights, sex crimes, criminal threats, etc to "no admin approval needed"

This.

1 minute ago, Unicorn231 said:

It's about making ULSA a crime free zone, or as it's been discussed throughout the whole 5 pages, make it a semi safe zone where petty crimes and misdemeanor crimes are allowed. People shot students at ULSA before, people stabbed students at ULSA before, clearly the faction leadership and most of the people are not aware of it.

Agreed, but fake claims like that shouldn't exist.

1 minute ago, .Pluto. said:

That was just an example that I said, trying to prove a point. But things as shooting and stabbing maybe didn't happen last night, but they happen often. 

It's a bad example when it's taken out of context. My suggestion is not to bring up "8 people at davis shot up ULSA" cause that never happened.

22 minutes ago, Sevataris said:

Sure, but in the end it's not relevant to the suggestion. Issue is that it's going to happen regardless and it's best to start imposing certain limits of realism because some situations shouldn't even happen in the first place.

FYI - I'm not attacking the person who made this thread, I am just letting people know that the incident that this was based off did not occur how initially reported.

I'm actually thankful to the community and people like @liq who went to the lengths of making this post off the back of the 'reported shooting' and it shows that as a community we condemn this kind of thing, (should it have occurred), as it's up there with terrorism and the other taboo topics.

Sidenote: I'd happily accept a no shooting rule (except for LEO and security), because the college we're based off (UCLA), has had only 1 shooting in it's entire 100+ year history, so no, a shooting on campus isn't really realistic as you're more likely to get struck by lightning.

However as the faction leader of ULSA, I would object to being told that we're to be a complete no crime zone and that we can't smoke in our dorms (I believe there is legislation going through to make that illegal), drink alcohol under the age of 21 and sneak off to the steps in the maintenance area to smoke weed out of sight, or even guys getting into a brawl over who should be quarterback.

1 minute ago, Sevataris said:

That's beside the point. The suggestion is about future altercations, even if 8 people from Davis didn't shoot up ULSA, stabbings in public areas where there would be dozens of witnesses happened, alongside some threats and whatnot. Police response would be immediate, hell UCLA has it's own PD. I suggest you read this, https://www.police.ucla.edu/crime-alerts, as you may notice most of the harsher crimes were commited off campus, except in the cases of sexual battery which are regular occurances in universities/dorms and some other cases. 

It's not besides the point. I agree with you one hundred percent, something should be done about it, there should be rules in place to prevent stuff like this, but writing this: "This resulted in a Davis gang going 8 deep in shooting up the place." in the topic description simply is a lie and I'm calling it out as a lie.