An actual solution to removing the robbery limit.

zaXer.

Just now, eTaylor said:

I meant in relation to physical cash

Owning a business is not a very practical thing in real life either...we're trying to chase realism, right?

It's not pratical to walk around wiht thousands of cash in your pockets either, that's why we got banks and cards.

I'm trying to get that IG, get rid of having to need cash on hand and move towards a bank.

Just now, zaXer. said:

Owning a business is not a very practical thing in real life either...we're trying to chase realism, right?

It's not pratical to walk around wiht thousands of cash in your pockets either, that's why we got banks and cards.

I'm trying to get that IG, get rid of having to need cash on hand and move towards a bank.

Yes, I understand that. But what’s practical in terms of game design and implementation IG? The server encompasses more than just business owners, and why would 2 grands weigh a kilo? 

1 hour ago, zaXer. said:

i've carried large sums of money IRL as a job for 2 years and i can assure you that no business owner can take $40k out of their business register and carry it in their jacket or pockets. Very little clients pay wiht $100 bills so the majority of the nomination you'll have is about $5, $20 or other smaller bills.

A particular business being coded with bank purchases can be simply changed to work with banks too, it's not that big of a deal to the current system.

Bug testing something, if you're afraid of being robbed, hop and test on the test server (which is what it's made for) or report for an admin, simple solutions to your issues that are once in a month or so.

+ rest of replies

I think it's pretty obvious right about now that you're arguing in bad faith and not in it to help the server grow since you're incredibly defensive and clearly don't give a fuck that both support, administrators and players are telling you that this isn't a good idea.

@effion The last 6 pages are pretty much people and OP going back and forth in pointless arguments.

4 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

So your suggestion to change the robbery limit:

1) Does not change the robbery limit.

2) Is proposing to make a move towards using /banktransfer more often.

3) Won't actually perpetuate any of the other myriad of potentialities you outline for some reason.

4) Is actually a suggestion to implement debit cards.

Are you like, fucking high? No judgement, because I am, but wow, dude. This is an absolute mess of direction. Maybe the reason we're all opposed to the wrong idea is because you couldn't present the right one yourself.

Edited by Exploits
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Exploits said:

3) Won't actually perpetuate any of the other myriad of potentialities you outline for some reason.

Are you like, fucking high? No judgement, because I am, but wow, dude. This is an absolute mess of direction. Maybe the reason we're all opposed to the wrong idea is because you couldn't present the right one yourself.

I’m personally just lost with it, I get what he’s saying but it’s more that the actual ramifications of something like this are ignored and vaguely referenced as something positive, without understanding how ripple effect causes consequences. And without considering how this will influence player behavior in terms of overal game design.

3 minutes ago, TritonXVII said:

+ rest of replies

I think it's pretty obvious right about now that you're arguing in bad faith and not in it to help the server grow since you're incredibly defensive and clearly don't give a fuck that both support, administrators and players are telling you that this isn't a good idea.

@effion The last 6 pages are pretty much people and OP going back and forth in pointless arguments.

I wouldnt say standing by your suggestion and supporting it, is "defensive" and "dont give a fuck". I keep my stance and that's it, do I have to agree when an administrator or a player tells me taht my "idea is not good"? Im not violating a rule when supporting my own suggestion.

3 minutes ago, Exploits said:

Are you like, fucking high? No judgement, because I am, but wow, dude. This is an absolute mess of direction.

You can go back to page 1, read the suggestion and you'll see what I'm trying to say. Reading the topic name and the first 2 sentences arent gonna help you.

2 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

You can go back to page 1, read the suggestion and you'll see what I'm trying to say. Reading the topic name and the first 2 sentences arent gonna help you.

I have, several times now. Perhaps you could walk me through your concept in parts so I can ask specific questions, that way it might help better present your idea.

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I have, several times now. Perhaps you could walk me through your concept in parts so I can ask specific questions, that way it might help better present your idea.

Think I've explained it pretty well in the main post, but I'll go a bit more seperate, sure!

- Removal of the robbery limit

- Money takes up inventory space - this literally limits how much money you can carry = keeps a "limit" on how much you can get robbed, because you cannot carry too much - get a pistol, some ammo, few items and you're down to even less space - less money to get robbed. This makes the whole "i dont wanna get 50k robbed off' aspect gone.

- Everything gets an option for a bank transfer, just how it is IRL. Most of that can already be done simply by banking the employee. In other cases, you can get access to a 24/7 very close by (like a 24/7), in the other cases - stuff you buy isnt that expensive anyways.

- The only time you can lose a large sum of money is when you transport your business income around, which is how it is in real life anyways. Either use CIT, call a friend, use your faction employees, or keep the sum in your business until you have the opportunity. An option is also when doing illegal trades - can get robbed. But that's the risk of the illegal business.

- People will use bank transfers more often, because you'll be able to pay everything with bank. This will lower down crime, because there'd be no reason to carry a lot of money on you. 

- The 'dufflebags' will not be targeted much more than they already are - an AK, shotgun, etc is much more valuable than the 20-30 grand you may be carrying there. Will it happen more often? Maybe, yeah. Put your money in your car, as suggested. Transport it to a bank or to where you need ASAP, rather than walking around the whole town with it.

That's the most of it, really.

8 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Think I've explained it pretty well in the main post, but I'll go a bit more seperate, sure!

- Removal of the robbery limit

- Money takes up inventory space - this literally limits how much money you can carry = keeps a "limit" on how much you can get robbed, because you cannot carry too much - get a pistol, some ammo, few items and you're down to even less space - less money to get robbed. This makes the whole "i dont wanna get 50k robbed off' aspect gone.

- Everything gets an option for a bank transfer, just how it is IRL. Most of that can already be done simply by banking the employee. In other cases, you can get access to a 24/7 very close by (like a 24/7), in the other cases - stuff you buy isnt that expensive anyways.

- The only time you can lose a large sum of money is when you transport your business income around, which is how it is in real life anyways. Either use CIT, call a friend, use your faction employees, or keep the sum in your business until you have the opportunity. An option is also when doing illegal trades - can get robbed. But that's the risk of the illegal business.

- People will use bank transfers more often, because you'll be able to pay everything with bank. This will lower down crime, because there'd be no reason to carry a lot of money on you. 

- The 'dufflebags' will not be targeted much more than they already are - an AK, shotgun, etc is much more valuable than the 20-30 grand you may be carrying there. Will it happen more often? Maybe, yeah. Put your money in your car, as suggested. Transport it to a bank or to where you need ASAP, rather than walking around the whole town with it.

That's the most of it, really.

A few questions:

• What is the new limit of money you’re able to carry?
  • What is this limit based on?
  • What is the “50k” aspect?
  • What are these new banking options?
  • What are the other cases?
  • What does a 24/7 have to do with a bank?
  • What would make this use CIT’s?
  • How does this impact illegal roleplay?
  • How does this improve roleplay?
  • How does this effect the server, and the community in a positive way?
  • How will the weight limit account for the different layers of the economy?
  • How will this be implemented?
  • What new rule set will be establish to prevent abuse with this system?
  • How does this effect robbery statistics when cash is a relatively irrelevant variable?
  • What problem does this solve?

No offense to OP, but this thread literally cost me half of my last braincell. This is a terrible idea.

Giving money weight won't magically fix all the server's problems, and to be honest with you? The robbery limit's a non-issue. As a criminal RPer, you really don't encounter people with 5k to begin with. Regardless, robbery isn't what's profitable, gun scamming is.
The robbery limit is there to prevent you from losing all your cash, and to make sure that robbery isn't  efficient, or there'd be people robbing on every street corner. If you were to remove that limit? God, we'd turn LS into Detroit.

Edited by CocainePVP
  • mj2002 locked this topic